Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

There's no way Rachel believes Xavier

Fantastic Member

I love that Mother R is just used to coordinate between WHR and the no space. Now I just need that story of Xavier catching her and learning that he didn't kill all the mutants.

Overall I liked it. Very pretty to look at. Things always end up a bit hand-wavy when you deal with things outside time or reality and have things there that shouldn't be, but I'm OK with that.

I really enjoyed the spying on young Moira and that her oatmeal was a comfort she abandons. I don't know why, but helps humanize her. I noticed Xavier mentioning that depowered people can get repowered, I wonder if that'll come into play.

So the big question is what does Enigma want from Moira and what can he offer that she will want?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was exceptional. Gillen is really at his most ambitious here and channelling the best Hickman from HOX/POX with a story that answers a few questions and also raises a lot more. I think this will really need to to be reread once it's completed to be fully understood and appreciated. The art also looked stunning, RB Silva always brings the gorgeous and his Rachel was absolutely stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Gillen's Hope sounds fantastic, no surprise there. Cannot wait for Forever.
    Using Righteous as a talkie walkie is hilarious.

The ART ! It looks wonderful !
    Even Rachel's new outfit looks cool. Does anyone have a full view ?
    I got you. Rocking one of Betsy's former signature poses lol

I like the costume better now that we've seen Silva's version of it. I like that she and Xavier both have that vertebrae detail on their looks.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

I like the costume better now that we've seen Silva's version of it. I like that she and Xavier both have that vertebrae detail on their looks.
    Yeah it looks way better here than what I saw from Dead X-men. It's not perfect but I like it.
    "Butt nothing"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

"Remember dahling. You have to show off both your boobs and your arse at the same time to make a good impression" LOL

I think Rachel looks great in this futuristic/sci-fi look. Frankly I also didn't mind her in her most recent fantasy-inspired looks either. Ray can rock a variety of styles!

Can someone help me interpret that page of the string of light shooting up from the center of Atlantic Krakoa into the sky at night? In any case things don't look good in the WHR.
    My interpretation was that as Jean and the Phoenix are dying, the WHR is dying, too. They've reached the point where Krakoa Atlantic and the little chunk of reality surrounding it are all that remain. I could be completely wrong, but that was what I thought when I read that page.

As for the rest of the issue, I really, really liked it. The art was great, and IMO Gillen is doing a really good job telling the story. I didn't find it confusing at all, and for whatever reason I'm fine with Sinister being involved. RotPoX is easily my favorite X-book currently being published, and I'm really looking forward to X-Men Forever.

I found this issue really confusing. There’s so much going on, so much Sinister, so much exposition…it somehow felt both rushed and like nothing much really happened. The ‘reveals’ of Xavier lying to his allies and a character being revealed to be Sinister-ised have been so overdone that they were kind of comical in this issue and lacked any punch. At this point, it’s more surprising when a character doesn’t turn out to be Sinister.

I also think this whole event is really suffering from a lack of cohesion. This doesn’t feel connected to Duggan’s stuff at all.

Maybe I’d enjoy it more on a second read, but I feel like the event has lost enough steam that I’m not really encouraged to go back and read it again. I had high hopes at the start of this so let’s hope it all picks up.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    My interpretation was that as Jean and the Phoenix are dying, the WHR is dying, too. They've reached the point where Krakoa Atlantic and the little chunk of reality surrounding it are all that remain. I could be completely wrong, but that was what I thought when I read that page.

As for the rest of the issue, I really, really liked it. The art was great, and IMO Gillen is doing a really good job telling the story. I didn't find it confusing at all, and for whatever reason I'm fine with Sinister being involved. RotPoX is easily my favorite X-book currently being published, and I'm really looking forward to X-Men Forever.

That was my reading of the White Hot Room as we. I also think it’s why Rachel was asking.

The crew of heroes trying to access another reality while trying to avoid arachno-sentinels hunting their ship gave me a lot of Matrix vibes.

The uniforms with the vertebral details also reminded me of Matrix mixed up with Evangelion:

It's also confirmed that opposed to the original Moira, the Moira Machines generate new timelines. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe a failure in the clone process?

Regarding the story, it was very frustrating the reveling 2 of the team members being Sinisters. Specially Doug.
    It would be much more interesting having him here.

And I can't believe Rasputin is so naive. She must be the traitor.

This issue was not bad, but it was a low point after the excellent first one.

Sinister did say the Moira clones were weaker then the real thing when they were introduced in immortal x-men.

Maybe it's not clear in the comics, but is Doug actually Mr Sinister in disguise, or Doug Ramsey sinisterized (if so, when did he die ?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Maybe it's not clear in the comics, but is Doug actually Mr Sinister in disguise, or Doug Ramsey sinisterized (if so, when did he die ?)
    I think the other series might end up explaining it, but my impression is they needed a Doug so they just created a (modified) clone and the Sinister persona in Chuck got a free body out of it.

I really enjoyed this issue. Gillen is doing a great job of making this feel like a conclusion to HoX/PoX. I think Hickman would’ve gone a little more high concept or “big” so to speak but this is working for me just fine. Art was amazing and I’m excited to see Xavier and Enigma both make their play to Moira. Hopefully she gets redemption and is not a cyborg anymore or is at least a more rounded villain. Glad this is delivering.

Edit: On a side note, I really want to see Hickman weave the X-Men into his G.O.D.S story. I feel like that story is what he was hinting at with the Dominions and big cosmic stuff in HoX/PoX. The first few issues were a bit rough since it’s mostly all new characters but now that we’ve gotten the exposition and world building mostly done it’s really getting interesting.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Better than her last few Excalibur looks.