Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Maybe it's not clear in the comics, but is Doug actually Mr Sinister in disguise, or Doug Ramsey sinisterized (if so, when did he die ?)
    With Sinister saying something along the lines of 'giving this clone additional powers', it is just a Doug he has grown in a vat and implanted Sinister control as well as telepathic powers.

It couldn't be OG Doug Ramsey sinisterized, because it is a pretty broken concept if Sinister can just grant telepathic powers into an already developed adult.

Incredible Member

Rachel was really focused on the task at hand and did not even ask directly about Jean's status.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Rachel was really focused on the task at hand and did not even ask directly about Jean's status.
    I think the problem is that this likely addressed in X-Men Forever #2, which of course comes out much later than now. It's part of the larger issue of this event where a lot of details are coming out later and leave us scrambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. Gillen is doing a great job of making this feel like a conclusion to HoX/PoX. I think Hickman would’ve gone a little more high concept or “big” so to speak but this is working for me just fine. Art was amazing and I’m excited to see Xavier and Enigma both make their play to Moira. Hopefully she gets redemption and is not a cyborg anymore or is at least a more rounded villain. Glad this is delivering.

Edit: On a side note, I really want to see Hickman weave the X-Men into his G.O.D.S story. I feel like that story is what he was hinting at with the Dominions and big cosmic stuff in HoX/PoX. The first few issues were a bit rough since it’s mostly all new characters but now that we’ve gotten the exposition and world building mostly done it’s really getting interesting.
    Hickman better hurry then because GODS is either being cancelled at 8 issues or Hickmans leaving it. I’m not sure which.

I have no idea what the hell I read lol. Pretty art, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Hickman better hurry then because GODS is either being cancelled at 8 issues or Hickmans leaving it. I’m not sure which.
    If Hickman leaves the series is canceled regardless, since the only reason it exists is because is a Hickman project.

All-New Member YouKnowItMakesSense's Avatar

Liked this issue well enough, and had a feeling Mother Righteous was the fifth No-Place member to begin with. It's better than Fall of HOX, and I'm convinced Charles is going to betray them somehow. I was thinking it was far too convenient for them to escape omniscience like they did and its obvious Phoenix will be key to defeating Enigma, so I'm glad Enigma has caught up with them. Sinister Doug makes a lot of sense, especially with how Professor X berated him last issue by saying him being angry was "Not like him," which now reads better. I assume proper Doug is still with Krakoa.

Ugh more sinister, i really hope he gets shelved for the next era. gillen has really ruined him the same way he made him prominent again. When he brought him back during the extinction team era.

Spectacular Member

Mad science in this issue. I can see why Mother Righteous is alive now...

Hope always has a gun anywhere she goes right? This issue explains how the Dead X-men team were resurrected and another sentinel variant..

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    There's no way Rachel believes Xavier
    This right here
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. Gillen is doing a great job of making this feel like a conclusion to HoX/PoX. I think Hickman would’ve gone a little more high concept or “big” so to speak but this is working for me just fine. Art was amazing and I’m excited to see Xavier and Enigma both make their play to Moira. Hopefully she gets redemption and is not a cyborg anymore or is at least a more rounded villain. Glad this is delivering.

Edit: On a side note, I really want to see Hickman weave the X-Men into his G.O.D.S story. I feel like that story is what he was hinting at with the Dominions and big cosmic stuff in HoX/PoX. The first few issues were a bit rough since it’s mostly all new characters but now that we’ve gotten the exposition and world building mostly done it’s really getting interesting.
    G.O.D.S.’ last issue is #8
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

So that's Sinister posturing as a "good boy" and Rasputin recognizing his speech pattern I guess. She did spent centuries with him.

Given that Rachel announces that the team has succeeded and the issue ends with Xavier heading to the past, does this issue take place before, during, and after Dead X-Men? It feels strange to have both set up the premise for and spoiled the ending of a mini that’s only had one issue released across just a few pages.

Another thing I found jarring about this issue is how much it both relies on and undermines the concept of a Dominion. It exists across all time and space, but Xavier can hide from it and it can’t see the No-Place and Moira can limit where it can go in time, but oh, now it can go to the No-Place. The storytelling feels a bit haphazard.
    Last edited by Agent Grayson; 02-22-2024 at 02:13 AM.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

The New Mutant couldn't be allowed to relevant, of course.
    But at least, being a meat puppet makes him less likely to be Traitor X.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Given that Rachel announces that the team has succeeded and the issue ends with Xavier heading to the past, does this issue take place before, during, and after Dead X-Men? It feels strange to have both set up the premise for and spoiled the ending of a mini that’s only had one issue released across just a few pages.

Another thing I found jarring about this issue is how much it both relies on and undermines the concept of a Dominion. It exists across all time and space, but Xavier can hide from it and it can’t see the No-Place and Moira can limit where it can go in time, but oh, now it can go to the No-Place. The storytelling feels a bit haphazard.
    The way it seems to be playing out is that the Dead X-Men achieved their initial mission of confirming the data from a pre-cyborg Moira in issue #1 and that's what Rachel is referring to. Now they have a map of her lives so I think we might see them and Xavier trying a few attempts to reach her, maybe? We should be getting the preview for Dead #2 today so maybe it'll shed more light.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!