Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Wake View Post
    I think the bigger issue is that does this storyline trajectory set good Hank up to at least try to redeem his name in the eyes of readers. Not just the characters in the books, but the readers. From the way he has been written by Percy so far, I think we'll still have to wait until a new writer or two for that to truly happen.

It's clear more than ever especially with "good old" Hank now being written, that Percy simply never had an affinity, let alone a love of the character and in fact delights at destroying him. He wanted his DeNiro-and-Pacino-from-Heat dynamic, was told/researched the bare minimum of the character and that Hank was already on the outs with most comic fans, and could basically craft the most hated character in all of the current Marvel-U for his run. He could decimate every last ounce of this character's respect and credibility both in the books amongst the characters and to the readers, because they'll "hit the reset button." Whether this good old Hank survives or not (and the reset is actually a "let the character stay completely dead for __ amount of time then we'll bring him back") is besides the point that I just don't think Percy has it in him to stick the landing on salvaging the character of Henry McCoy. Perhaps the last issue will prove me wrong, but seeing the reader reactions to the end of this run has not filled me with any confidence.
    To be fair, Heat is awesome
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

The best thing that could come out of this is Beast-lite convincing Simon that being a pacifist is dumb
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Damn, X-Force are crashing morons.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowItMakesSense View Post
    Iirc Feilong used Kurt's DNA to develop his Sentinel tech according to the issue where he colonised Phobos.
    Ah, okay. If the Kurt body is self contained story in X-Men Red then the timeline can go X-Men: Red > Target: Beast > Sabretooth War > everything that takes place more or less concurrent with Cyclops' trial appearances.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    The writers solution that would fix Beast, bad Beast is really Dark Beast backup. Then we could have both an evil and good Beast.
    It was Agatha/Sublime/Arkea/Skrulls.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Haha agreed. X-Force has always played in its own sandbox. Somehow Wolverine is supposed to be in the North Pole but also fighting Nimrod and trying to rescue Cyclops. His omega power is being everywhere at the same time.
    Surprisingly the X-Office did account for the confusion this time. So not only did the Wolverine #41 establish that X-Force finishes before Sabretooth War, but it also said the SW takes place before FotHoX.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    The best thing that could come out of this is Beast-lite convincing Simon that being a pacifist is dumb
    I still can’t believe that they’re keeping that thing going for a superhero none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I'll post a few panels from Hank and Simon's reunion:

The second image really gets me. "But I feel so much better already, being here with you."

I really hope this is the Hank that remains.
    I think the last time they were in the same comic together was Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the last time they were in the same comic together was Uncanny Avengers.
    Avengers: No Surrender, more specifically. Beast was on the Unity Team but the actual Uncanny Avengers comic run ended like two issues after he joined.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Avengers: No Surrender, more specifically. Beast was on the Unity Team but the actual Uncanny Avengers comic run ended like two issues after he joined.
    Ah, got it .