Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-force 49 spoiler synops

Main Hank stole a nuke
    Good hank met with wonderman
    Wolverine and sage talked about weither they should let goof hank live.
    However black tom says he's a bad hank, and escaped
    They assume he went to meet hank the bad one

Hanks primes plan. Fire a nuke at mars to trap it in a black hole untill he finishes his work... kill/ enalave all humans

Good hank and wonderman want to stope it to prove that he's a good hank

Sage orders xforce to kill all hanks...

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I had a synops once. Three of them. They barely gave me a buzz. I thought Germans knew how to party.

Man, this version of X-Force really loves jumping to conclusions. That's what I dislike about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I had a synops once. Three of them. They barely gave me a buzz. I thought Germans knew how to party.
    I'm howling. LOL!

Can't believe I'm typing this but I'm into this story and looking forward to seeing how it ends. The pages with Beast and Wonder Man were great. "This computer is entirely inadequate." Haha. I love old new Beast.

Evil Beast is insane. He wants to hit Arakko with a black hole gun (modeled after Forge's) to "protect" the Arakkii, putting them in a vault for safekeeping, from Orchis. Sick.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So, they are going to kill off both Beasts? That's what I was afraid of.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    To be fair, I think that's meant to raise the stakes...admittedly rather artificially, since escaping alone wouldn't objectively paint old Hank as a villain, despite Black Tom's nonsense.

I highly doubt they'll succeed in blowing the Beast with Wonder Man out the water. I'm sure Wonder Man would survive but that'd be super awkward for X-Force and Simon afterwards.

All-New Member

I think the bigger issue is that does this storyline trajectory set good Hank up to at least try to redeem his name in the eyes of readers. Not just the characters in the books, but the readers. From the way he has been written by Percy so far, I think we'll still have to wait until a new writer or two for that to truly happen.

It's clear more than ever especially with "good old" Hank now being written, that Percy simply never had an affinity, let alone a love of the character and in fact delights at destroying him. He wanted his DeNiro-and-Pacino-from-Heat dynamic, was told/researched the bare minimum of the character and that Hank was already on the outs with most comic fans, and could basically craft the most hated character in all of the current Marvel-U for his run. He could decimate every last ounce of this character's respect and credibility both in the books amongst the characters and to the readers, because they'll "hit the reset button." Whether this good old Hank survives or not (and the reset is actually a "let the character stay completely dead for __ amount of time then we'll bring him back") is besides the point that I just don't think Percy has it in him to stick the landing on salvaging the character of Henry McCoy. Perhaps the last issue will prove me wrong, but seeing the reader reactions to the end of this run has not filled me with any confidence.
    Last edited by Walking Wake; 02-21-2024 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I highly doubt they'll succeed in blowing the Beast with Wonder Man out the water. I'm sure Wonder Man would survive but that'd be super awkward for X-Force and Simon afterwards.
    I meant more that next issue they're going to have Logan kill both Beasts because of some of the things Percy said that 'The end of X-Force will mirror the beginning.'

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Wake View Post
    I think the bigger issue is that does this storyline trajectory set good Hank up to at least try to redeem his name in the eyes of readers. Not just the characters in the books, but the readers. From the way he has been written by Percy so far, I think we'll still have to wait until a new writer or two for that to truly happen.

It's clear more than ever especially with "good old" Hank now being written, that Percy simply never had an affinity, let alone a love of the character and in fact delights at destroying him. He wanted his DeNiro-and-Pacino-from-Heat dynamic, was told/researched the bare minimum of the character and that Hank was already on the outs with most comic fans, and could basically craft the most hated character in all of the current Marvel-U for his run. He could decimate every last ounce of this character's respect and credibility both in the books amongst the characters and to the readers, because they'll "hit the reset button." Whether this good old Hank survives or not (and the reset is actually a "let the character stay completely dead for __ amount of time then we'll bring him back") is besides the point that I just don't think Percy has it in him to stick the landing on salvaging the character of Henry McCoy. Perhaps the last issue will prove me wrong, but seeing the reader reactions to the end of this run has not filled me with any confidence.
    This is what I'm afraid of. That this character has been too badly damaged from 5 years of being the most evil being in the MU. The seething hatred I see for him on places like reddit just make me pessimistic for Hank's future.
    Last edited by Mungho; 02-21-2024 at 09:56 AM.

I meant more that next issue they're going to have Logan kill both Beasts because of some of the things Percy said that 'The end of X-Force will mirror the beginning.'

This is what I'm afraid of. That this character has been too badly damaged from 5 years of being the most evil being in the MU. The seething hatred I see for him on places like reddit just make me pessimistic for Hank's future.
    Logan killing both Beasts wouldn't mirror the beginning of X-Force at all. Beast saving Logan from the metaphorical boar would. I doubt evil Beast is gonna be doing this but good Beast's chances of being cast in that role have only gone up with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Logan killing both Beasts wouldn't mirror the beginning of X-Force at all. Beast saving Logan from the metaphorical boar would. I doubt evil Beast is gonna be doing this but good Beast's chances of being cast in that role have only gone up with this issue.
    I think I must have got my wires crossed, sorry. My pessimism is acting up again too. I just didn't expect the rest of X-Force to be so gung-ho to kill revived Hank.

According to the theory, bad-Beast will try to kill good-Beast, then Logan kills bad-Beast while monologuing something to good-Beast afterward. But you've introduced an interesting variation. What if bad-Beast tries to kill Logan, but good-Beast kills the bad one to save him, proving he is good? That would also be mirroring the beginning.

so the Plan of "EVUL" Beast is to "hide" Mars?

That clever but dumb at the same time.

Incredible Member

The writers solution that would fix Beast, bad Beast is really Dark Beast backup. Then we could have both an evil and good Beast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    so the Plan of "EVUL" Beast is to "hide" Mars?

That clever but dumb at the same time.
    He dosent want storm saving the day so he can commit more war crimes

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this was an excellent issue. I really enjoyed old/new Hank interacting with Wonder Man, and it was also good that Simon acknowledged how apart they've grown and not just pretend they're best buddies these days. I really can't wait to see how it concludes next month.