Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Damn Percy writes a solid Defenders era Hank, kind of wish we had gotten more of that. Solid issue and Gill is nailing it on art. I don’t feel like 1 more issue is enough to give us a satisfying ending to the Beast saga though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Okay, so right after Sage coaxed good-Hank down from the ceiling last issue, they immediately throw him in a cell and f**k off for a 18hr nap?! AND Black Tom slept for 20 hours just to wake up and sound the alarm?! And they immediately assume the good-Hank is evil and going to join the bad one and say he must die?! And they prepare to blow good-Hank out of the water despite the fact Simon is clearly there in the boat with him and is a prominent former Avenger?!

And that's not getting into them referencing things that happened in X-Men Red, which this story is supposed to be before FoX.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Okay, so right after Sage coaxed good-Hank down from the ceiling last issue, they immediately throw him in a cell and f**k off for a 18hr nap?! AND Black Tom slept for 20 hours just to wake up and sound the alarm?! And they immediately assume the good-Hank is evil and going to join the bad one and say he must die?! And they prepare to blow good-Hank out of the water despite the fact Simon is clearly there in the boat with him and is a prominent former Avenger?!

And that's not getting into them referencing things that happened in X-Men Red, which this story is supposed to be before FoX.
    It's too much to expect basic decency and competence from Percy's X-Force .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's too much to expect basic decency and competence from Percy's X-Force .
    Agreed, but at least they admitted their mistakes in this issue lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Damn Percy writes a solid Defenders era Hank, kind of wish we had gotten more of that. Solid issue and Gill is nailing it on art. I don’t feel like 1 more issue is enough to give us a satisfying ending to the Beast saga though.
    Couldn't agree more. Percy gave us a sweet, vulnerable, and likable Hank in just a few pages. That panel of him at Simon's laptop made me smile.

Nah, this takes place before Sabretooth War. They're currently in the Greenhouse base in the North Pole because they lost Krakoa during Fall of X. They built the Greenhouse in issue #47, the final X-Force issue of Fall of X when the team finally reunited after being separated at the Gala.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Percy gave us a sweet, vulnerable, and likable Hank in just a few pages. That panel of him at Simon's laptop made me smile.

Nah, this takes place before Sabretooth War. They're currently in the Greenhouse base in the North Pole because they lost Krakoa during Fall of X. They built the Greenhouse in issue #47, the final X-Force issue of Fall of X when the team finally reunited after being separated at the Gala.
    Evil Hank gives a summation of the events of X-Men Red in this issue indicating it has already happened, making specific mention of Genesis' uprising of Phobos. Genesis' uprising of Phobos also shows a captured Kurt Wagner, indicating it is after Fall of House of X and whatever else happens to Kurt in some other issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Evil Hank gives a summation of the events of X-Men Red in this issue indicating it has already happened, making specific mention of Genesis' uprising of Phobos. Genesis' uprising of Phobos also shows a captured Kurt Wagner, indicating it is after Fall of House of X and whatever else happens to Kurt in some other issue.
    Correct, all of this takes place after the initial 5-month Fall of X period. Now we're in the Fall of the House of X period lol

Correct, all of this takes place after the initial 5-month Fall of X period. Now we're in the Fall of the House of X period lol
    I think Wolverine's bumming around on the North pole period is suppose to take place before his active participating in the final fight to defeat Orchis but I guess Wolverine seemingly being in two places at once is nothing new for X-books.

I think Wolverine's bumming around on the North pole period is suppose to take place before his active participating in the final fight to defeat Orchis but I guess Wolverine seemingly being in two places at once is nothing new for X-books.
    Haha agreed. X-Force has always played in its own sandbox. Somehow Wolverine is supposed to be in the North Pole but also fighting Nimrod and trying to rescue Cyclops. His omega power is being everywhere at the same time.

That's a corpse of Kurt that was left behind on Phobos when he teleported it back into orbit after it began to fall down to Mars in one of Spurrier's books. Orchis found it when Feilong built his base there and they put it on display because they're weirdos.

All-New Member YouKnowItMakesSense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    That's a corpse of Kurt that was left behind on Phobos when he teleported it back into orbit after it began to fall down to Mars in one of Spurrier's books. Orchis found it when Feilong built his base there and they put it on display because they're weirdos.
    Iirc Feilong used Kurt's DNA to develop his Sentinel tech according to the issue where he colonised Phobos.

All-New Member YouKnowItMakesSense's Avatar

Haha agreed. X-Force has always played in its own sandbox. Somehow Wolverine is supposed to be in the North Pole but also fighting Nimrod and trying to rescue Cyclops. His omega power is being everywhere at the same time.
    Well, they make it clear this is pre Sabretooth War which is pre Fall of HOX, which kind of ruins both stories, since we don't see Omega Red and Beast knocking around the North Pole in Sabretooth War, and Logan seems to be his same old self in Fall of HOX lol.

I'll post a few panels from Hank and Simon's reunion:

The second image really gets me. "But I feel so much better already, being here with you."

I really hope this is the Hank that remains.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

And what’s amazing about the sheer stupidity and incompetence of X-Force here is that nobody bothers to question Wonder Man being there. If old/new Beast was trying to join evil Beast, why would he have a human with him helping him when evil Beast basically hates humans? And here we thought Sage was the smart one.

Regardless of how they’ve been written, in terms of their competence (or lack thereof), I really like this current line-up with Logan as field leader (w/ Colossus, Domino, Omega Red and Laura) and Sage intel branch (w/ Black Tom and Kid Omega) head. Throw in good Beast too, and it’s a really solid X-Force team IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”