Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Fantastic Member

With a lot of comics and TV shows that I watched/read I usually find myself trying to guess where the story is going. Here, I am just reading and enjoying it. This as has been pointed out is something special. i love absorbing this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    Feel like the series tries to be too inoffensive.
    While I am enjoying it (though not nearly as much as some here are, apparently), I can see this. But then again, I tend to agree with David Bowie who once said that giving the audience exactly what they want is probably the worst thing you can do.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I thought this was pretty good, a step up from Issue 1 where a lot of dialogue seemed perfunctory (which may been because something was going on below the surface.)

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I don't think Peter has spider-sense. He is then gonna have to use instinct, knowledge and gut feelings instead in the future.
    I guess the suit didn't replicate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Damn, Shocker encounters were hilarious.
    This book is so good so far.
    He was a good first villain.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    While I am enjoying it (though not nearly as much as some here are, apparently), I can see this. But then again, I tend to agree with David Bowie who once said that giving the audience exactly what they want is probably the worst thing you can do.
    I think it's more just Hickman's going with a slow pace and smaller scale from the get-go. I expect the stakes and plot will escalate as things develop.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Sorry, I disagree with your point that a child wouldn't necessarily have questions...and the biggest question would be how does this affect my relationship with my father, in this case...that was brushed over....whether discussed or not, whatever happens and affects the parent(s), affects the child.....I'm still not sure how old May is meant to be, seems anywhere between 4 and 10...a young child whose parents/family are first and foremost to her...
    It really is going to vary by child. Also, the poster you quoted used their daughter... not something to disagree with per-se, as that's their experience as a parent.

Anyways, I like the pace so far. Well. I wish it were biweekly, but I appreciate that we're trying to balance getting to the Spidey stuff quickly & still leaving time for the supporting cast + Peter getting used to things.

IÂ’m enjoying the series but damn the pacing take a bit out of you.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

How old is May, I think she is smart too, because she wrote the note with complete sentences. Also May have designed the spider on the suit, my guess is MJ is going to design the suit with those colors.

One more thing unicorn are real, magic should exit in 6160 they just need to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    How old is May, I think she is smart too, because she wrote the note with complete sentences. Also May have designed the spider on the suit, my guess is MJ is going to design the suit with those colors.

One more thing unicorn are real, magic should exit in 6160 they just need to find them.
    She's maybe 5-6?