Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Is anyone else still crossing their fingers for a live action Gargoyles movie? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Is anyone else still crossing their fingers for a live action Gargoyles movie? Or is it just me?
    Just you...

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'd like to see a true R-rated Spawn movie.
    I remember liking the Spawn movie that came out in the 90s. But I haven't seen it in over 20 years, and I KNOW the CGI will look like crap today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm also for Excalibur as long as it's the original team. Meggan, Cap., Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, and Phoenix.

I'd also really enjoy a Midnight Sons movie. Bring together Morbius, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Blade, and maybe Moon Knight and/or Punisher.

Creature Commandos is another one I'd love too see. Based on the originals, not any of the later adaptions.
    That one is coming as an animated movie. Not sure what run it's based off of, but Gunn's producing so I'd guess the original.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    WB should consider New Gods after Dune. At least 3 to 5 movies. Bring on Barda, Miracle and Granny.
    That will never happen as long as Zazlav is in charge of WB. A New Gods project was in the pipeline, and he killed it as soon as he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There was an attempt at a Powerpuff girls live-action with Chloe Bennett but it suffered multiple delays and recastings, so they just kind of gave up.
    I've read the summary of the pilot of that attempt, and it wasn't just a bullet dodged, it was an ICBM. It was HORRENDOUSLY bad in every way except camp. It was the kind of summary you look at and wonder "How the HELL did this make it to pilot? This should have been thrown out in the writer's room."

I'm still hopeful for a Batgirls movie, but I want more than Barbara. I want Steph and Cass as well.

I'd also like to get a Green Arrow movie. Maybe not Supermax, but one with Ollie and the whole family.

I've read the summary of the pilot of that attempt, and it wasn't just a bullet dodged, it was an ICBM. It was HORRENDOUSLY bad in every way except camp. It was the kind of summary you look at and wonder "How the HELL did this make it to pilot? This should have been thrown out in the writer's room."
    My thoughts were "Is this a SNL skit that landed on the wrong person's desk by mistake?"

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Just you...
    *Raises hand*

I do, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    *Raises hand*

I do, too.
    Gargoyles was basically a sequel to Macbeth. They'll tie it into a whole Shakespeare shared universe!
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Moon Knight done more 70s/80s accurate with some doses of 21st century elements(mostly from McKays run). The TV show was ok but MK can be done better and a movie is that avenue.
    Deathlok (Manning, Collins or Hayes) one done right finds a way to feature one, tease another.
    Darkhawk
    Spiderman 2099
    Batman Beyond
    Firestorm so many cool visuals here
    Captain Atom
    Flaming Carrot for the indie side. Pic for those who may not know.
    FC.jpg
    Ninjak from Valiant - he's one part Bond, one part Batman with Asian mysticism influences thrown in from his Ninja training. Lots of areas to pull for stories. *pic*
    Ninjak.jpg
    Ghost from Dark Horse
    Ghost.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    My thoughts were "Is this a SNL skit that landed on the wrong person's desk by mistake?"
    It does kind of look like the kind of stuff they'd do (SNL):

https://www.popsugar.com/fashion/liv...hotos-48260869
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Blue Marvel-starring Denzel Washington.

Invincible Member

Howard the Duck. Howard should be 3D animated and everything else in the movie should be live action. However, I wouldn't want them to do it unless they go for the tone and attitude of the Steve Gerber run.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Isn't Criminal coming?

That might help that one come out.
    From the looks of it.

That said...

Incognito is a very "Potentially Incredibly Solid..."/"Won't Be For Everyone..." situation.

It almost feels like the exact opposite of Criminal.

Along that same line...

- The Establishment
    - The Monarchy

Retired

A Siegel and Shuster movie.

The way I see it, half the movie would be set in the real world and half would be set in their imagined Superman world (based on their early comic book stories). Some characters in both worlds would be played by the same actors--especially Jolan Kovacs (a.k.a. Joanne Siegel) and Lois Lane, since she modelled for Joe and he based Lois on her (then, some years later, Jerry married her).

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    A Siegel and Shuster movie.

The way I see it, half the movie would be set in the real world and half would be set in their imagined Superman world (based on their early comic book stories). Some characters in both worlds would be played by the same actors--especially Jolan Kovacs (a.k.a. Joanne Siegel) and Lois Lane, since she modelled for Joe and he based Lois on her (then, some years later, Jerry married her).
    Have you read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay from Michael Chabon?