Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Let's just say that my theory is that his identity is shrouded in mystery...
    Ok we on the same page then as to who it is. I would say you are most likely right!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Ok we on the same page then as to who it is. I would say you are most likely right!
    Yeah, said character wasn't even in my top 3 before VotMK #2, but the circumstantial evidence in that issue, combined with the Blood Hunt preview, make it highly likely.

Yeah, said character wasn't even in my top 3 before VotMK #2, but the circumstantial evidence in that issue, combined with the Blood Hunt preview, make it highly likely.
    I do agree 100 percent!

Don't know if it was posted but DarkVeil. Darkforce teleportation.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Darne...th-616)#Powers

lol squeezed in the first post. ^_^.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Don't know if it was posted but DarkVeil. Darkforce teleportation.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Darne...th-616)#Powers

lol squeezed in the first post. ^_^.
    I like Darkveil and remembered!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I like Darkveil and remembered!
    I think we are the only two that remember her. lmao.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think we are the only two that remember her. lmao.
    She been seen in a couple cameos since her introduction. You seem to be right though.

So, despite what later stories have established, I've long been of the belief that the original intent for both Dusk and SHOC was the Negative Zone serving as the source of their powers rather than the Darkforce Dimension.

Both SHOC and the original Dusk were creations of Howard Mackie, who was doing a weird amount of Negative Zone stories for a Spider-Man comic. If I remember correctly, a specific issue establishes 1) that the unseen ORIGINAL original Dusk was a NZ freedom fighter; and 2) SHOC was drawn to the very portal that transported Spidey to the NZ in the first place -- trying to save some local youths, I think.

The powersource of Dusk from the Slingers was purposefully left open-ended at the end of the original series, but I'd like to think there was some connection between Cassie and the original Dusk.

-Pav, who won't acknowledge the Webspinners follow-up story in which Spidey rescues the "original" alien Dusk...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    So, despite what later stories have established, I've long been of the belief that the original intent for both Dusk and SHOC was the Negative Zone serving as the source of their powers rather than the Darkforce Dimension.

Both SHOC and the original Dusk were creations of Howard Mackie, who was doing a weird amount of Negative Zone stories for a Spider-Man comic. If I remember correctly, a specific issue establishes 1) that the unseen ORIGINAL original Dusk was a NZ freedom fighter; and 2) SHOC was drawn to the very portal that transported Spidey to the NZ in the first place -- trying to save some local youths, I think.

The powersource of Dusk from the Slingers was purposefully left open-ended at the end of the original series, but I'd like to think there was some connection between Cassie and the original Dusk.

-Pav, who won't acknowledge the Webspinners follow-up story in which Spidey rescues the "original" alien Dusk...
    Wait, there was a Webspinners story where Spidey saves the original Dusk?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    What dark force powers does moon knight have?

All they need is Firestar to stop the dark force. Her powers actively scramble the stuff. But it probably won't get mentioned....
    Yeah! Too bad about Firestar not being involved. Personally, it would've brought back a lot of nostalgic feelings/memories...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Indeed. For proof, check out Webspinners #13 & #14 (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-12-2024 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Indeed. For proof, check out Webspinners #13 & #14 (XD)

Or don't check it out. Personally, I thought it really flopped as a follow-up to an EXCELLENT single-issue story of Peter diving into the Negative Zone to save some teens; taking on the identity of Dusk to lead an army of freedom fighters against Blastaar; and getting back to Earth with the teens and the Dusk costume. It was an action-packed, semi-serious issue, and the "fake" Dusk that Peter met was shrouded in mystery and intrigue, as was the mystery of where the "real" Dusk was.

The Webspinners follow-up had Peter randomly finding the "real" Dusk out in the Distortion Zone, and the whole storyline was played for laughs. Plus it had the nonsensical return of Carnage via Kletus finding a symbiote in the Negative Zone. It had NONE of the gravitas and intrigue of that original issue.

My head canon is that the Dusk that was found in the Negative Zone was really just another lieutenant of the real Dusk, and that Cassie St. Commons is the daughter of the real Dusk, who spirited her away to Earth for her own safety. Her dad? The Ranger, a minor antagonist from the John Byrne era of Spidey comics.

-Pav, who also thinks Cassie must be some Negative Zone Phoenix -type entity based on how she uses her powers in Slingers #12...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Let's just say that my theory is that his identity is shrouded in mystery...
    Spot on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    -Pav, who also thinks Cassie must be some Negative Zone Phoenix -type entity based on how she uses her powers in Slingers #12...
    Does the Goblin Force exist in 616 yet?

The list of Lightforce users is pretty short. Pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The list of Lightforce users is pretty short. Pity.
    2/3 of that list is multiversal variants of Dagger, or, versions of Cloak from timelines where their powers were swapped!

in fairness tho, I could envision it being the more difficult of the two forces to control.
    something along the lines of, it's easy to give in to darkness, but to stay in the light requires a certain level of internal fortitude or whatever....