Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sam Mendes to direct the Beatles Cinematic Universe

Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Skyfall, Road to Perdition, 1917) announced the most ambitious biopic ever: a series of four films about the Beatles, which each movie spotlighting a different member.

Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and the families of John Lennon and George Harrison have all granted permission and music rights for the four films.

The Oscar-winning director said he was "honoured to be telling the story of the greatest rock band of all time".

He added that he was "excited to challenge the notion of what constitutes a trip to the movies".

The films, made by Sony Pictures and Sir Sam's Neal Street Productions, will be released in cinemas in 2027.

It is not clear whether the four films will be released at once or have a staggered rollout, but Sony said they would have an "innovative release cadence" which would be announced at a later date.

The project marks the first time that The Beatles and their company Apple Corps have granted full life story and music rights for a scripted film, according to a statement.
    It's an interesting project, although I agree with one view that it might be better to have different directors telling the stories of the different Beatles than one man.

Young white actors who think they can sing and pull off Liverpool accents are calling their agents.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 02-22-2024 at 10:24 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Young white actors who think they can sing and pull off Liverpool accents are calling their agents.
    They'd better refer to it as a Scouse accent if they want the job.

Will the Traveling Wilburys stuff be phase 2 or 3?

The Paul film had better reproduce this seminal moment in cringe.

Also, Ringo obviously needs to start with him at the mic about to narrate Thomas The Tank Engine for the first time, and then go into flashbacks of his life leading up to that point. “It’s about an Octopus! Who lives in a garden, la!”.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 02-22-2024 at 01:15 AM.

The Billy Shears reveal at the end of Paul's movie is gonna have the whole theater in shambles
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Paul: "You took everything from me!"
    Yoko: "I don't even know who you are."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't know what film I'm more excited for: Stuart Sutcliffe, Tommy Moore, or Pete Best
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I saw "Beatles Cinematic Universe" and was expecting something else, like maybe a series of movies that tied together Yellow Submarine and Sgt. Pepper.

Niffleheim

this gave me a chuckle and i can actually see the logic of making a mix between a Rocketman kind of biopic and Bohemian Rhapsody

https://twitter.com/KaiserBeamz/stat...64353753682159
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Why does this need to be more than 1 movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I saw "Beatles Cinematic Universe" and was expecting something else, like maybe a series of movies that tied together Yellow Submarine and Sgt. Pepper.
    That would be great!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why does this need to be more than 1 movie?
    I mean it really should be like The Crown with each season covering a different time period and different actors in each movement.

The laserdisc documentary series is 10 hours long and it's fantastic so they've got a great blueprint

Sadly, nothing about a Clarence Walker movie as the 5th Beatle...

Mighty Member

Will the blue meanies wield the Infinity gauntlet?