Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Movie version Namor's ankle wings were stupid and useless they didn't make him fly much or anything.

how useful were Namor's ankle wings in the old Fantastic Four comic anyway?
    I don't know about the FF comics, but in the old Timely comics they had the purpose of explaining how Namor could fly. Namor was the first American comic book character to appear flying, Superman only jumped at that time. Timely wanted there to be an explanation for why someone has the ability to fly naturally.

BANNED

Movie version Namor's ankle wings were stupid and useless they didn't make him fly much or anything.

how useful were Namor's ankle wings in the old Fantastic Four comic anyway?
    Have you actually watched the movie?
    Namor flew a bunch of times, his first scene in the movie is flying and throwing a helicopter out of the sky.

BANNED

yes I frikkin saw Black Panther 2 on Disney plus awhile back. movie version of his ankle wings were just stupid looking in live action.

I'm asking what his original ankle wings were like in old Fantastic Four comic. Were they even useful at all?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    Have you actually watched the movie?
    Namor flew a bunch of times, his first scene in the movie is flying and throwing a helicopter out of the sky.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

yes I frikkin saw Black Panther 2 on Disney plus awhile back. movie version of his ankle wings were just stupid looking in live action.

I'm asking what his original ankle wings were like in old Fantastic Four comic. Were they even useful at all?
    Namor's ankle wings in Wakanda Forever were awesome. It definitely shows the movie respecting the core of the character, or the source material, which so many fanboys complain the MCU does not do.

In the movie and in the old FF comics and even in the Golden Age, the ankle wings looked roughly the same and gave him the very useful superhero ability of FLYING. What did you want them to do, lamely shoot off feathers at foes???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

It was noted that in the new Marvel Rivals game, Namor has brown skin (tho not the facial hair).

I guess the Mayan heritage will be a thing going forward in future adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hey look! He has that stupid haircut that is all the rage! After Namor gets done fighting Attuma he and Sue are going to a Skrillex concert!

THIS. HAIRSTYLE. NEEDS. TO. DIE! I am this close to making a thread about this terrible haircut.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-20-2024 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Run, it's trying to attach itself to your head!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It was noted that in the new Marvel Rivals game, Namor has brown skin (tho not the facial hair).

I guess the Mayan heritage will be a thing going forward in future adaptations.
    To be honest, I don't see anything Mayan about this version. He looks like he has a tan.

And actually, this version looks less like the comic version than the MCU version. I barely recognized the character -- thank goodness for the trident.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Hey look! He has that stupid haircut that is all the rage! After Namor gets done fighting Attuma he and Sue are going to a Skrillex concert!

THIS. HAIRSTYLE. NEEDS. TO. DIE! I am this close to making a thread about this terrible haircut.
    The hair and costume are awful -- and like nothing we've seen on Namor before.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

To answer question no i do not like MCU Namor at all
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Namor's ankle wings in Wakanda Forever were awesome. It definitely shows the movie respecting the core of the character, or the source material, which so many fanboys complain the MCU does not do.

In the movie and in the old FF comics and even in the Golden Age, the ankle wings looked roughly the same and gave him the very useful superhero ability of FLYING. What did you want them to do, lamely shoot off feathers at foes???
    Agreed.
    Honestly I have no clue how anyone could say this is a bad adaptation that doesn't respect the character.

He does literally everything you'd want and expect Namor to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    To be honest, I don't see anything Mayan about this version. He looks like he has a tan.

And actually, this version looks less like the comic version than the MCU version. I barely recognized the character -- thank goodness for the trident.
    Namor uses a trident? I thought that was Aquaman's thing?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    Agreed.
    Honestly I have no clue how anyone could say this is a bad adaptation that doesn't respect the character.

He does literally everything you'd want and expect Namor to do.
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to be a little rude. But you've only read comics WITH Namor or you've read comics FROM Namor. Because there is a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Namor uses a trident? I thought that was Aquaman's thing?
    Nah...has a trident too. He probably even had it before Aquaman. Namor has a lot super hero first. First Anti-Hero, First Royal/King Hero, First character to fly, First Underwater Hero and on goes the list.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I think Namor rocked the trident before Aquaman ever did.

It's interesting how many things that are now identified with Aquaman were stuff that Namor had first..lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to be a little rude. But you've only read comics WITH Namor or you've read comics FROM Namor. Because there is a big difference.
    This legitimately doesn’t mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, I think Namor rocked the trident before Aquaman ever did.

It's interesting how many things that are now identified with Aquaman were stuff that Namor had first..lol.
    And yet during a time where he should be celebrated the most for his contributions to the comic lore based off of this thread Namor is treated just as some side character because of his cultural background and possibly complexation.

"Though they proclaim to be moving forward it is often in the wrong direction." :/
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-22-2024 at 01:04 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.