Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Whatever happened to Waller taking over Earth 2 and recruiting E2 baddies? WHere's Black Siren?
    Earth-3*
    We haven't gotten the full explanation yet, but this is what we know so far:

-Waller was basically shocked by how Syndicate managed to conquer E3, "realizing" there were no stopping the Supers if they ever decided to take over

-We don't know how exactly she managed to return to "our" Earth, but she stated she had a group of "benefactors" that got her back (they may be the shadowy figures from the Dark Crisis epilogue)

-The whereabouts of Black Siren, "Superboy", and verybody else who did the jump to E3 with her, are currently unknown

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay after reading this weeks new Flash where surprise, surprise Waller is a total asshat, I will formally state this

I will consider Absolute Power great as long as it ends with Waller finally losing

And I'm talking actually losing, her plans go up in complete fire, the people turn against her, she completely beaten, the heroes give a final speech about how wrong she is while she's left screaming in impotent fury

This story will be worth it if we finally put Waller to pasture after all the check's she's been wracking up

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay after reading this weeks new Flash where surprise, surprise Waller is a total asshat, I will formally state this

I will consider Absolute Power great as long as it ends with Waller finally losing

And I'm talking actually losing, her plans go up in complete fire, the people turn against her, she completely beaten, the heroes give a final speech about how wrong she is while she's left screaming in impotent fury

This story will be worth it if we finally put Waller to pasture after all the check's she's been wracking up
    If I could make your whole post my signature, I totally would
    1000% agreed my dude !

I've been enjoying Waid and Mora's World's Finest, but this...I hate the take on Braniac and I'm sick of Amanda Waller.

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    I've been enjoying Waid and Mora's World's Finest, but this...I hate the take on Braniac and I'm sick of Amanda Waller.
    Hopefully this is the end of the one dimensional Waller villain storyline and she goes to prison or something afterwards. They’ve damaged the character so much and she really needs to go away for a while. I’m still holding out hope they give some explanation for her full on villain turn. Just say it was The Sovereign influencing her or something.

I think Viola Davis’ version of Waller (also overly evil) ended up in prison and the James Gunn tv show picks up with her getting out and going back to her espionage role.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-24-2024 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Hopefully this is the end of the one dimensional Waller villain storyline and she goes to prison or something afterwards.

I think Viola Davis’ version of Waller (also overly evil) ended up in prison and the James Gunn tv show picks up with her getting out and going back to her espionage role.
    Because they leaked the Suicide Squad? She'd be more liable to loser her job than do any prison time.

Tbf, Waid's WW on the 80th aniversary's tale was fun. But, nonetheless, writers need to learn to not force Wonder Woman on all the events if they're not planning to do anything interesting with her. Leave our garbage alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because they leaked the Suicide Squad? She'd be more liable to loser her job than do any prison time.
    Maybe she took the fall for all the human experimenting on Corto Maltese?

Alright so if its okay with everyone I'm gonna try to piece together some puzzle pieces for absolute power or at least build up to it, feel free to chime in if you got any corrections. Also I'll be using spoiler boxes just in case.

BATMAN
    spoilers:
    Alright so clearly the lead in to Absolute Power for Batman is the Batman of Zur-en-arrh who is now inhabiting the Failsafe body and is building Amazo's that will be used by Waller. Pretty clear how that all ties in since the promotional art has him all over.
    end of spoilers

SUPERMAN
    spoilers:
    This one is actually more confusing because of House of Brainiac. Apparently the council of light who recovered Waller from Earth-3 was none other then a group of Brainiac's and this leads Waller to rebel against him. They also build the Brainiac Queen who ends up working with Waller from the look of the promotional art. So I guess Waller ends up betraying the Council of Light/Brainiac to do things her way? Really hard to say but no matter what the classic superman villain is a part of all this.
    end of spoilers

WONDER WOMAN
    spoilers:
    I just assume her part to play is that Sergent Steel and his AXE group have been seen openly working with Waller in the Wonder Woman run and in Beast World.
    end of spoilers

GREEN ARROW
    spoilers:
    Waller is forcing Oliver's hand and making him work for her because she put neck devices in his entire family. Last seen she has him steal the data from the Sanctuary in Heroes in Crisis, I assume she wants to see heroes at their weakest or get an idea of how to take them down.
    end of spoilers

SUICIDE SQUAD
    spoilers:
    A lot of focus is on Dreamer, as Waller is using/blackmailing Dreamer to work for her as a member of the Suicide Squad and as a precog to get what Waller wants.
    end of spoilers

GREEN LANTERN
    spoilers:
    Honestly don't know how it really ties in other then it would appear that Waller has contact with the United Planets that are plaguing Hal in the Jeremy Adams run.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    GREEN LANTERN
    spoilers:
    Honestly don't know how it really ties in other then it would appear that Waller has contact with the United Planets that are plaguing Hal in the Jeremy Adams run.
    end of spoilers
    One thing we know for sure is that we'll see Star Sapphire again in costume, which will presumably pick up where Carol's story from the GL title is leading.(and I'm 100% here for her!)

Incredible Member

GREEN LANTERN
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

I believe the only tie-in here is the back-up Guy Gardner/Lobo story. Not really tied to the main story.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Looks like Janin did a piece for AP.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I need them to do the entire comic and a JL reboot.

In before someone complains about the Big Seven getting focus again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In before someone complains about the Big Seven getting focus again.
    It actually took me a minute to figure out it WAS the Big 7. That said, I have to say Janin's work in Justice Society really didn't do much for me (I actually liked more Jerry Ordway's insertions). For me at least, while undeniably beautiful, his work really doesn't fit well with high-octane action, which these books are supposed to be. So, while I like his work, I'm really hoping they don't give him the JL relaunch.

Peace