Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    The big machine guy in back is Bright

Man he has a baller design.

I'd love to see him in more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Man he has a baller design.

I'd love to see him in more stuff.
    A cool design with a terribly boring name.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do we think there will be a Waid/Mora JL relaunch spinning out of this?
    Likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly Waid/Mora relaunching JL wouldn't be the worst idea setting aside whether it would undercut the Titans now or if you feel it's still too soon to bring the League back.
    2+ years without the League seems enough.

No, unless they leave World's Finest. Doing both at the same time would be redundant. Waid also said last year on Wordballoon that "he knew what the plans for the Justice League were, that he approved those plans but that he wasn't involved in them" in Wordballoon last year.

Granted, this was back in March so I guess it's possible plans changed (whatever happened with "Return of the JL"?), but overall Waid didn't seem too keen on doing a modern JL book, saying he didn't want to return to his old books and that he supported the new direction for the Titans.

The only other writers I could see doing a League book is Williamson (who is too busy and might not want that kind of pressure), PKJ (who has said he's not doing it), or Taylor (who already has Titans).
    Williamson doesn't like writing team books after the JL Odyssey debacle.

For those who don't know, he basically had to rewrite all the issues of that series after #1 despite the art already being done. He ended up leaving the series after issue #5. It's also why Sejic got burnt out on the Big Two I think.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 02-27-2024 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    For those who don't know, he basically had to rewrite all the issues of that series after #1 despite the art already being done. He ended up leaving the series after issue #5. It's also why Sejic got burnt out on the Big Two I think.
    That was always such a weird thing. I don't think we ever found out why they had to rewrite the entire series.

That was always such a weird thing. I don't think we ever found out why they had to rewrite the entire series.
    Iirc it was a combination of continuity issues and the original issues just not being very good.

I honestly thought that was already a done deal.

Peace

So she is making Amazo?

Mighty Member

I'm way behind on my DC reading, so this is going to be a semi-basic question: Is there a thru-line from the Suicide Squad/War for Earth 3/Waller plot to Absolute Power? That is, if I read [Book 1] and [Book 2] would there be a coherent plot that starts on E3 and progresses to what Waller is doing in Absolute Power? If so, what books should I read?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'm way behind on my DC reading, so this is going to be a semi-basic question: Is there a thru-line from the Suicide Squad/War for Earth 3/Waller plot to Absolute Power? That is, if I read [Book 1] and [Book 2] would there be a coherent plot that starts on E3 and progresses to what Waller is doing in Absolute Power? If so, what books should I read?
    Well Waller kind of just comes back at the end of Dark Crisis, so I wouldnÂ’t say itÂ’s 100% a clear line. Then sheÂ’s done her thing in Knight Terrors and Beast World. SheÂ’s also appeared in Wonder Woman and the Stormwatch storyline of Batman brave and the bold, I assume to make connections to those books or characters.

However, the closest we got is actually from Green Arrow. ThereÂ’s actually a big Waller plot in the current Green Arrow series where sheÂ’s messing with the arrow family, and it was mentioned today in fact that Waller was still on Earth-3 when a benefactor of sorts brought her back. IÂ’m assuming that to be the light seen at the end of Dark Crisis.

So I guess the answer to your question is Knight Terrors, Beast World, and Green Arrow.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I guess, Light will be revealed at the end of this and they're gonna be the antagonists of that Zero Hour anniversary event DC teased for this Fall.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well Waller kind of just comes back at the end of Dark Crisis, so I wouldnÂ’t say itÂ’s 100% a clear line. Then sheÂ’s done her thing in Knight Terrors and Beast World. SheÂ’s also appeared in Wonder Woman and the Stormwatch storyline of Batman brave and the bold, I assume to make connections to those books or characters.

However, the closest we got is actually from Green Arrow. ThereÂ’s actually a big Waller plot in the current Green Arrow series where sheÂ’s messing with the arrow family, and it was mentioned today in fact that Waller was still on Earth-3 when a benefactor of sorts brought her back. IÂ’m assuming that to be the light seen at the end of Dark Crisis.

So I guess the answer to your question is Knight Terrors, Beast World, and Green Arrow.
    Thanks! I'll be reading GA and Beast World anyway. Still am not sold on Absolute Power, but we'll see
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The fact that most people seem to forget is that Batman is essentially the normal humans' last line of defense against super-humans gone wrong Sure, as readers we are aware of the nobility and of the good intentions of the heroes we follow monthly, but imagine how the average Joe might feel knowing that, despite his vast collection of good deeds, a guy that can, literally, vaporize him with a single sideways glance might lose it at any time. Sure, most don't even know Batman exists to stand up for them, or may even believe HIM to be super-human, however, I think that is the mindset writers should have when writing him. I also don't like when the place Batman with this global scale mentality. Batman's ultimate goal should be to save HIS CITY from crime. That is what he was born to do. Sure, a strategiost and tactician of his caliber comes in handy when trying to save the WHOLE world, however, I do feel he should aid reluctantly, for it distracts him from his real goal. One of the many reasons I absolutely abhored Steve Orlando's Justice League of America. He's Batman, not Captain America. He's not intrested in touchy feelings nor in inspiring people to do anything. But, I digress. I do think writers have lost a bit sight of what Batman should be.

Peace
    dude that just sound like something Lex Luthor would say unironically

Speaking of Bright, this weeks Green Arrow finally shed some light on them

Also Peacewrecker may indeed be a gender-bent Peacemaker from another universe, as Waller is reinforcing her agents with people from other universes.