Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wonder how many of these Dan Mora is drawing? He left two titles for this event and we know he is a power house....so surely it isnt just the main Absolute Power issues?
    He just left Shazam. He clarified he isn't leaving World's Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I feel like "fuller" Diana is more an exception than the norm, though I think it's more just...anime proportions, if that makes sense.

That would be nice.

I guess we know why he needed to cut back on World's Finest Titans and Shazam.

I wonder if Task Force 7 is related to the League (Big 7?).
    Probably a way to connect Task Force X with Wildstorm’s Team 7.

Yep...Waid's writing every tie-in. Including Wonder Woman.

This is gonna suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Probably a way to connect Task Force X with Wildstorm’s Team 7.
    Watch them try to do something with Wildstorm for the umpteenth time .

I wonder if we are going to get another Maxwell Lord situation with Waller being positioned as a WW's villain despite never really interacting before.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Reading list published by Popverse:

According to Popverse and Bleeding Cool, all these tie-ins are written by Mark Waid (wtf?).

Popverse also indicates that Absolute Power marks the ending of Dawn of DC...To make room for Twilight of DC?
    He IS totally mad !!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The more overtly villainous Amanda Waller becomes, the less interesting I am in her.

That said, Waid & Mora have been doing great work on WF and Shazam. I'll definitely check this out.

Waid doing all the tie-ins by himself is utterly insane. Hope this is good, the story premise isn’t exactly hooking me, but Waid and Mora doing Superman is enough to get me to check this out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    The problem with making all the books tie-in is that you end up running the risk of making both the audiences and the creators burn-out. Like Marvel forced to everyone to tie-in with Civil War 2 and Secret Empire and everyone got tired of it (and it didn't even seem to help Secret Empire sales-wise).

Like, for instance, the fact Waller is the stand-in for WW instead of Sovereign or someone like Circe tells me King probably didn't want to tie-in with this event.
    I don't think that you need everyone to tie-in, but some franchise books should tie-in. For example, if this is dealing with Zur then I see nothing wrong with Zdarsky doing a tie-in in the main Batman book. On the other hand Ram and Williamson can continue doing whatever they are doing in their Batman books.

Astonishing Member

This sounds dumb. Did writers forget that power stealing and meta gene harnessing(?) are Parasite and the Dominators gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The more overtly villainous Amanda Waller becomes, the less interesting I am in her.

That said, Waid & Mora have been doing great work on WF and Shazam. I'll definitely check this out.
    I'd much rather have a more nuanced Waller who's basically an "ends justifies the means" kind of morally ambiguous character, but the fact that she wants to take away powers rather than outright kill them all makes me a little hopeful that Waid will dial back on her being an outright villain.

And I've enjoyed WF (love Mora) so I will also be checking this out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Sounds like this will be a fun read. I hope this ends will Waller being revealed to be controlled or manipulated by some higher villain. I don't like her as a full-on villain/control-freak. I also hope this book concludes with the return of the Justice League with this same creative team on the book.
    Wasn't she always a control freak? I guess her station is corrupting her through 'righteous cause', it could be argued Beast has turned dark in X-verse in the same way.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    He draws her skinnier than most especially on covers. I might not be right about the angry look just something I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I feel like "fuller" Diana is more an exception than the norm, though I think it's more just...anime proportions, if that makes sense.
    Yeah I think Mora’s Diana is thinner but at least he does draw her pretty muscular, which is good. It’s the height too, she should be tall. For me, Sampere has it perfectly rendered: tall, broad shouldered, muscular, and wavy hair.

As for the event itself, not quite sure it interests me enough to go for the entire shebang, tie-ins and all. But damn, impressive from a project production standpoint by Waid. Guy loves what he does, that’s for sure.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid doing all the tie-ins by himself is utterly insane. Hope this is good, the story premise isn’t exactly hooking me, but Waid and Mora doing Superman is enough to get me to check this out.
    I wonder why Waid is writing all the tie-ins, it seems unprecedented.

Is it something Waid suggested or wanted to do? Was it to keep the story as consistent and tight as possible? Did they not want to interrupt a bunch of titles this time? Did they not have enough writers available to write tie-ins?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

How have Kryptonite laced bullets not become a regular thing in the Super-verse?