Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Wasn't there a rumor that the "Ultimate DC" was going to spin out of an event? I wonder if that's this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Sounds like this will be a fun read. I hope this ends will Waller being revealed to be controlled or manipulated by some higher villain. I don't like her as a full-on villain/control-freak. I also hope this book concludes with the return of the Justice League with this same creative team on the book.
    I wonder if this is where we finally find out who The Light are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    I like Mora, but his Wonder Woman is not for me. She is too thin and not always of course, but so often seems angry.
    I don't think Mora draws her differently than most artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    No League, as such, but "the Trinity" more of an entity by itself coming together in extreme circumstances - without all the faff and wrangling that comes from a title having to keep Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern etc ticking over in a monthly book facing relevant-sized threats alongside solo titles.
    I don't know - considering how many Flashes, GLs and Aqua-people there are, there can be a dedicated JL member of each without much extra coordination between offices. And J'onn hasn't had his own title in some time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's so difficult for me to care about anything headlined by the Trinity. I have to imagine a lot of other heroes will be involved though.

Since the Trinity are front-and-center, I have to imagine they'll figure out how her plan to steal "powers" might or might not work on heroes without powers (Batman) or aliens (Superman) or mystical-based heroes (Wonder Woman) as well as heroes whose powers are tech-based (GLs etc) rather than using the easy meta-gene plot device. I also hope they don't ignore heroes who should play a bigger role just to make sure it's Trinity focused. With Waid, I feel there's a decent chance we'll see some random heroes get a spotlight.
    I agree. Look, I love the big three as much as anybody, but it gets a little stale when they're EVERYWHERE all the time. I remember when Blackest Night came out, I really appreciated that we had a big event headlined by Green Lantern, Flash, Mera and the Atom. I thought that was so refreshing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The plot doesn’t excite me (Waller in a long line of humans trying to steal meta human powers), but at least the art will be amazing.
    Yeah, Mora could draw a Triumph book and I'd probably buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not the biggest fan of Mora either.

He's good but definitive DC artist? Nah
    He’s a perfect modernization of DC! Like I get tired of seeing those outdated 80’s art everywhere for DC while Marvel has more recent art for their characters!

Mora draws the best DCU and is a perfect modernization of the universe! Love how he draws the characters! Maybe it’s just me, but his style just works.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

He draws her skinnier than most especially on covers. I might not be right about the angry look just something I think.

Hopefully Waid can return some nuance to Waller’s characterisation. I’m relieved Williamson and Taylor are not the ones writing this event.
    I’m happy Mora gets to draw the next big event. He deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, Mora could draw a Triumph book and I'd probably buy it.
    Only if it includes Danny Chase, Twilight Lobo, and Jamm.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hopefully Waid can return some nuance to Waller’s characterisation.
    Or, failing that, a solid Yellow Fear Monster/Sovereign/Earth-3 explanation to allow for a factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Yeah, agreed - at the time, much as I love the Titans, I thought DC was leaving money on the table by doing it this way. But so long as DC can still put "the Trinity" front and center still, I'm not longer sure they are.

(Has there actually been a popular run on the League since Johns'? And that had some real nadirs. I checked out of Snyder's run early, so I don't know how well it went down overall - but all that Apex Lex and Hell Arisen stuff didn't make it look like I was missing out on anything.)
    Snyder’s run sold well I believe, but Death Metal apparently sold great and that is not a fondly remembered event. The JL doesn’t have a lot of great runs truth be told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't there a rumor that the "Ultimate DC" was going to spin out of an event? I wonder if that's this.

I wonder if this is where we finally find out who The Light are.

No we were speculating that Snyder’s Ultimate DC might spin out of this, or that Waid was involved in Snyder’s plans but that’s seemingly not the case. Unless Waid uses Waller’s recent Multiverse travels to set it up lol. Honestly Waid was always a weird fit for an Ultimate DC, I could see him sticking with WF and the mainline where he has access to the Silver Age over participating in a project where everything starts from scratch.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-22-2024 at 05:36 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Reading list published by Popverse:

May 4: 2024 Absolute Power Free Comic Book Day Special Edition
    June TBA: Absolute Power: Ground Zero
    July 2: Absolute Power #1 (of 4)
    July (date to be announced): Batman tie-in issue
    July (date to be announced): Superman tie-in issue
    July (date to be announced): Wonder Woman tie-in issue
    August (date to be announced): Batman tie-in issue
    August (date to be announced): Superman tie-in issue
    August (date to be announced): Wonder Woman tie-in issue
    September (date to be announced): Batman tie-in issue
    September (date to be announced): Superman tie-in issue
    September (date to be announced): Wonder Woman tie-in issue
    TBA: Absolute Power: Task Force Seven #1 (of 7)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Task Force Seven #2 (of 7)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Task Force Seven #3 (of 7)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Task Force Seven #4 (of 7)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Task Force Seven #5 (of 7)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Task Force Seven #6 (of 7)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Task Force Seven #7 (of 7)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Origins #1 (of 3)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Origins #2 (of 3)
    TBA: Absolute Power: Origins #3 (of 3)
    TBA: Absolute Power #2 (of 4)
    TBA: Absolute Power #3 (of 4)
    TBA: Absolute Power #4 (of 4)
    TBA: Absolute Power collected edition
    TBA: Absolute Power: Task Force Seven collected edition
    TBA: Absolute Power: Origins collected edition
    According to Popverse and Bleeding Cool, all these tie-ins are written by Mark Waid (wtf?).

Popverse also indicates that Absolute Power marks the ending of Dawn of DC...To make room for Twilight of DC?
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 02-22-2024 at 05:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post

According to Popverse and Bleeding Cool, all these tie-ins are written by Mark Waid (wtf?).

Popverse also indicates that Absolute Power marks the ending of Dawn of DC...To make room for Twilight of DC?
    Great if true. 1 voice vs a million is better. But i doubt it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm curious what task force 7 and origins will be. Surprised the new suicide squad run isn't listed as a tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    He draws her skinnier than most especially on covers. I might not be right about the angry look just something I think.
    Honestly I feel like "fuller" Diana is more an exception than the norm, though I think it's more just...anime proportions, if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hopefully Waid can return some nuance to Waller’s characterisation. I’m relieved Williamson and Taylor are not the ones writing this event.
    I’m happy Mora gets to draw the next big event. He deserves it.
    That would be nice.

I guess we know why he needed to cut back on World's Finest Titans and Shazam.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm curious what task force 7 and origins will be. Surprised the new suicide squad run isn't listed as a tie-in.
    I wonder if Task Force 7 is related to the League (Big 7?).

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I wonder how many of these Dan Mora is drawing? He left two titles for this event and we know he is a power house....so surely it isnt just the main Absolute Power issues?