Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Fitting since Amazo is as bad a design as the Omacs.
    OMAC was okay before and after OMAC Project.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hopefully with Waid writing he can make the most of a bland set-up and do something fun with it.
    I love what he and Mora have done on World's Finest and I loved most of his stuff with the JLA (especially Year One), so I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic. I'm also excited to see the Big 7 back together because it feels like it's been a while.

Apart from my issues with this being the 3rd event in 1 year that interrupts the ww comic, the fact that the villains are "The Trinity of Evil", but there's no wondy villain involved make me lose interest on this.

If you gonna bring her on these things, study the workbook like you'd do with Bats or Supes.

I suspect that Waller, Failsafe/Zur and House of Brainiac stoeylines were developed separately and only at some later point DC realised that they could use "Trinity" label there.

On the other hand we haven't even seen Brainiac Queen yet.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I suspect that Waller, Failsafe/Zur and House of Brainiac stoeylines were developed separately and only at some later point DC realised that they could use "Trinity" label there.

On the other hand we haven't even seen Brainiac Queen yet.
    Brainiac Queen is going to be interesting since House of Brainiac dives straight in AP when it ends.

And said character hasn't been formerly introduced yet.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd love to get into this, but I've been burnt by DC too many times with their 'event' comics.
    It makes it more tempting as it's written by Mark Waid, but I'm still gun shy with this stuff.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Apart from my issues with this being the 3rd event in 1 year that interrupts the ww comic…
    ^^^Out of curiosity, anyone know what’s the longest DC has gone without a “interrupt every possible book w. tie ins” event?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Brainiac Queen is going to be interesting since House of Brainiac dives straight in AP when it ends.

And said character hasn't been formerly introduced yet.
    Yeah I really hope this event didn't derail Williamson’s plan for The Brainiac Queen storyline. I can’t imagine he planned the story of her creation to lead directly into a crossover event.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Out of curiosity, anyone know what’s the longest DC has gone without a “interrupt every possible book w. tie ins” event?
    Obviously, there weren't these big events before COIE, then DC used annuals for events until Zero Hour, give or take. And since Infinite Crisis, we got a couple little breaks (52 to Final Crisis) and Blackest Night confined crossovers to minis, so your mileage may vary on counting that. After Blackest Night, though, it goes crazy with Flashpoint/New 52, then Zero Issues, Villains month, Convergence, Rebirth, Metal, Death Metal, etc
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Obviously, there weren't these big events before COIE, then DC used annuals for events until Zero Hour, give or take. And since Infinite Crisis, we got a couple little breaks (52 to Final Crisis) and Blackest Night confined crossovers to minis, so your mileage may vary on counting that. After Blackest Night, though, it goes crazy with Flashpoint/New 52, then Zero Issues, Villains month, Convergence, Rebirth, Metal, Death Metal, etc
    ^^^Thanks, and sheesh these guys!

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Really hope that there's at least one Wildstorm character/operative to help stop Amanda Waller but I guess it would be too much 2 ask. Love to see Holden Carver & Elijah Snow to be involved in the event since DC'S 2 best spies/operatives are former Titans/Outsiders and are in costume, which is just my opinion
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

All-New Member

I think the Authority makes more sense as the bad guys/antiheroes in this case they should of been more proactive in killing waller but with James Gunn Using them in The DCMU it makes sense to make not to but I think to use them to build their movie and make them a legitimate threat to The Justice League And DCU as a Whole

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Apart from my issues with this being the 3rd event in 1 year that interrupts the ww comic, the fact that the villains are "The Trinity of Evil", but there's no wondy villain involved make me lose interest on this.

If you gonna bring her on these things, study the workbook like you'd do with Bats or Supes.
    And Doctor Cyber is so obvious (in fact I thought the purple lady was Cyber)

Maybe it will be revealed that Waller has been controlled by the Sovereign this whole time. So a Wonder Woman villain would be the true big bad.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Whatever happened to Waller taking over Earth 2 and recruiting E2 baddies? WHere's Black Siren?