Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm curious what task force 7 and origins will be. Surprised the new suicide squad run isn't listed as a tie-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Probably a way to connect Task Force X with Wildstorm’s Team 7.
    Or maybe to connect to 7 Soldiers or seven leaguers. Or to Justice League Task Force. Seven is a name with history even before the Wildstorm buying. But remember the rumours about the "justice Gang"? Maybe this had been rebranded as Task Force 7, so we could make guess about who will be its members.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    My guess is that Waid will have co-writers for at least some of the tie-ins.
    I'm guessing Waid will plot out the basics of what happens in the tie-ins to maintain cohesion, but they'll roll out the specific script writers later as they figure them all out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nobody said Waller's plan specifically affected metahumans. As I said earlier, considering the Trinity are involved, Waller would have to account for Batman (no powers) Superman (alien physiology) and Wonder Woman, (magic) not to mention heroes with tech. (Green Lanterns, Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Metal Men, Robotman etc) I imagine between her two allies, Waid will come up with some comic-booky way to affect all (or almost all) the heroes.
    I mean look at current Nightwing where he has now lost the ability to leap/jump, thanks to villains.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nobody said Waller's plan specifically affected metahumans. As I said earlier, considering the Trinity are involved, Waller would have to account for Batman (no powers) Superman (alien physiology) and Wonder Woman, (magic) not to mention heroes with tech. (Green Lanterns, Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Metal Men, Robotman etc) I imagine between her two allies, Waid will come up with some comic-booky way to affect all (or almost all) the heroes.
    It says specifically that her plan affects metahumans.
    Absolute Power dives into how Amanda Waller will plot to steal all metahuman abilities from superheroes and villains alike

I’m betting that “Justice Gang” rumor from Bleeding Cool is actually Task Force 7. That had Ultraman in the lineup which intrigued me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It says specifically that her plan affects metahumans.
    Oh okay, well let's hope the announcement is ill-informed and that her plan affects more than people with the metagene since there are a ton of heroes to whom that term would not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    JL event with WW written by Waid is a skip.
    Didn't Waid do that JLA run with Queen of Fables, Tower of Babel, and Heavenly Ladder?

I have been away from the DCU for a decade. I was interested in this at first because of the creators, but it looks like I will be lost without reading tons of other books before and with this. So I guess it's a pass. Also, I always have a problem with the taking away super powers concept. At both DC and Marvel (outside of Kryptonite, which is basically poison) Just too many powers work in too may ways for the concept to make any sense. (yeah, I know, make believe, but some things are too unbelievable)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Didn't Waid do that JLA run with Queen of Fables, Tower of Babel, and Heavenly Ladder?
    Yes he did, following Grant Morrison's run with, mostly, Brian Hitch on art. It was kind of a wierd run, for, like it happened with Geoff Johns when he took over Avengers after Kurt Busiek, if I'm not mistaken, Waid closed a deal to be Boom Studios Editor-in-Chief shortly after he started on the book, so it became a run with a defined end to it, and I think it affected it. For one, Waid didn't make any additions to the line-up. The run started and ended with only Superman, Batman, WW, MM, Flash, GL, Aquaman and Plastic Man as members.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m betting that “Justice Gang” rumor from Bleeding Cool is actually Task Force 7. That had Ultraman in the lineup which intrigued me.
    I wonder if it's an Earth-3 team, Waller's Earth-3 tenure is the one thing they haven't really addressed lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes he did, following Grant Morrison's run with, mostly, Brian Hitch on art. It was kind of a wierd run, for, like it happened with Geoff Johns when he took over Avengers after Kurt Busiek, if I'm not mistaken, Waid closed a deal to be Boom Studios Editor-in-Chief shortly after he started on the book, so it became a run with a defined end to it, and I think it affected it. For one, Waid didn't make any additions to the line-up. The run started and ended with only Superman, Batman, WW, MM, Flash, GL, Aquaman and Plastic Man as members.

Peace
    But he still did some solid work!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    I haven't read it in a while, but I remember enjoying it. I was also a big fan of his JLA: Year One.

Incredible Member

I like Waid in general, I like Mora mostly (though not as much as others, and for some reason all the women he draws are addicted to extreme eyeliner) and I've loved their Kingdom Come arc in World's Finest (the latest from the duo).

But man, that premise isn't really grabbing me and the choices of villains feels terrible to me (I can't speak for Brainiac Queen, but I really dislike modern hyper-villanous versions of Waller and both Failsafe and Zur have been the definition of plot-device-instead-of-character in the Batman comics right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But he still did some solid work!
    Oh, I agree. Tower of Babel is a classic. And I enjoy his other story arcs, especially the last one, against the white Martians (Terror Incognita, I think?). From what I read, Waid is not considered to be a very nice person, however, I have no problems with him as a comics professional. I tend to like more than deslike his stuff, and I usually like a lot his timeless take on classic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I haven't read it in a while, but I remember enjoying it. I was also a big fan of his JLA: Year One.
    Still high among my all-time favorites Justice League stories. LOVE it.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 02-24-2024 at 02:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I like Waid in general, I like Mora mostly (though not as much as others, and for some reason all the women he draws are addicted to extreme eyeliner) and I've loved their Kingdom Come arc in World's Finest (the latest from the duo).

But man, that premise isn't really grabbing me and the choices of villains feels terrible to me (I can't speak for Brainiac Queen, but I really dislike modern hyper-villanous versions of Waller and both Failsafe and Zur have been the definition of plot-device-instead-of-character in the Batman comics right now).
    I'm kinda hoping the possibility of at least Zur being less obnoxious under a different writer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm kinda hoping the possibility of at least Zur being less obnoxious under a different writer.
    Hopefully. Normally I prefer a tighter continuity, but I admit I hope Waid does his own thing instead in this case, instead of trying to follow the past writer 1:1.