Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wow, like we haven't seen this a coming at all. It was even teased in the Timeless issue that came out in December. At least it will finally end. Only 16 issues to go until the end of this awful run.

So the bad guy, who we all knew was a bad guy and never really stopped being a bad guy...does a bad guy thing...and that's billed as a major betrayal?
    ...I'm missing something, right?
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.

Watch everyone blame this on Peter for working with Tombstone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTorgo View Post
    So the bad guy, who we all knew was a bad guy and never really stopped being a bad guy...does a bad guy thing...and that's billed as a major betrayal?
    ...I'm missing something, right?
    Missing 18 more pages...there's more to this story! Can't wait to see how it concludes!

Astonishing Member

This is so dull and straight forward when you compare it to the original Gang War...and that wasn't a masterpiece for the ages either

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    This is so dull and straight forward when you compare it to the original Gang War...and that wasn't a masterpiece for the ages either
    The tie-ins were better than the main event and some of them didn’t even need this event to have happened. Hell, I’m more interested in the Daredevil tie-in for the return of Bellona than I am in what’s going on here.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 02-22-2024 at 06:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    Wow, like we haven't seen this a coming at all. It was even teased in the Timeless issue that came out in December. At least it will finally end. Only 16 issues to go until the end of this awful run.
    I thought this was to last until issue #1000. Well, if it ends before, I'm not complaining.

By the way, I read some rumors in 4chan saying that the last arc in Wells' run will be titled "A world with love", countering the first arc named "A world without love".

I don't know if this is true, but I hope it will be.

Randy's not going to die, is he?

Miles got two lines of dialogue and I am ETERNALLY grateful that Wells is not writing him too. Ziglar's Miles would have heard that and immediately realize what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Watch everyone blame this on Peter for working with Tombstone.
    Yeah, so true. Wells is just having fun, making Peter being everyone's punching bag, either if he's at fault or not. Nothing new under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I thought this was to last until issue #1000. Well, if it ends before, I'm not complaining.
    I know that Wells answered a fan's question in "FAN EXPO Canada" last year, that he'll be for 60 issues (or around, I think) and he would like to write Wolverine and/or Electra next. Also, the solicit for ASM #35 says that the issue will "sets up the next 24 issues of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN", believing that he'll be done by #59-#60. I also doubt that will be writing until legacy issue #1000, because he screwed up with legacy issue #900 and Marvel needs to lure fans.

P.S. - Spencer didn't had a 1000 issues either, he started with legacy #802 and ended with legacy #875, and after that was the "Beyond" arc with the many writers (including Wells)

By the way, I read some rumors in 4chan saying that the last arc in Wells' run will be titled "A world with love", countering the first arc named "A world without love".

I don't know if this is true, but I hope it will be.
    I would make sense to end with an arc, which mirrors in a way the first one. I always take rumors with a grain of salt - you cannot get dissapointed if you're not expecting much in the first place. I do expect him to "clean the table" for the next team with the whole Peter/MJ/Paul thing in a very unsatisfying way, a kind of a "sweep in under the rug and never talk about it ever again" situation
    Last edited by Konnik92; 02-23-2024 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Randy's not going to die, is he?
    Doubt it, but he'll probably be in a wheelchair for a while (hoping for not being permanent)

I thought this was to last until issue #1000.
    Or #950 at least (while the return of the Green Goblin story arc begins in may with issue #944).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 02-23-2024 at 02:03 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    I know that Wells answered a fan's question in "FAN EXPO Canada" last year, that he'll be for 60 issues (or around, I think) and he would like to write Wolverine and/or Electra next. Also, the solicit for ASM #35 says that the issue will "sets up the next 24 issues of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN", believing that he'll be done by #59-#60. I also doubt that will be writing until legacy issue #1000, because he screwed up with legacy issue #900 and Marvel needs to lure fans.

P.S. - Spencer didn't had a 1000 issues either, he started with legacy #802 and ended with legacy #875, and after that was the "Beyond" arc with the many writers (including Wells)
    Also the fact that heÂ’s seemingly wrapping up most of his hanging plot threads from his first year.

Tombstone = Built up in first arc, led to Gang War. Could have a future arc with him as the new crime lord, but would seem really soon after an entire event built around him.

Chasm = Set up in Beyond, led to Dark Web, which now leads to the two-parter with Hallows Eve in a couple of months. Seeing that Chasm is then getting shipped to another book with Kaine, this is probably the last time Zeb is penning him.

Doc OckÂ’s tentacles = Set up in issue 900, led to the Doc Ock arc where the arms came back into play. Now Otto has his own book and the tentacles are just hanging out with JJJ.

Hobgoblin = Wait and see on this one. Some rumblings he could play into the story revolving around Green Goblin.

Queen Goblin = Set up in Beyond, led to death in Gold Goblin, and then to the Kraven arc. I guess sheÂ’s still in play, but weÂ’ll see.

Kraven = Set up in Free Comic Book Day last year, led to his Goblin Sin story. I guess he could pop up again, but his motivation is seemingly gone now.

Debt collector = Set up in the first arc, and had a pretty conclusive ending IÂ’d say.

Rek-Rap = Set up in Dark Web, which led to his two-parter where he became a hero of Limbo. Good place to leave him for the foreseeable future.

Norman = Set up all the way back in SpencerÂ’s run, and has been the major focus of this current run. His return to Green Goblin was inevitable at some point from Wells. Will it be contained to #950, or will we get a multi-issue story that it probably deserves?

Paul/MJ = Yeah we know theyÂ’ve got more plans for Paul. Probably the last arc, since theyÂ’ve got the Jackpot/Black Cat book to peddle.

Anything I miss?