Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    But what if you're someone who LOVES to see Peter
    I guess that public exists, after all ASM keeps selling better than most titles
    Some just love Spider-man stories that provide entertainment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Some just love Spider-man stories that provide entertainment.
    Yep, that's what the post said in a tongue-in-cheek way. nobody is denying that it sells. Some people enjoy it and some don't. That doesn't invalidate any opinion, sales or not. And it sells.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

That's more of an open statement as people can say anything sells, but means nothing really. Without actual sales data and the very limted set from a 125 shops means nothing

Amazing Member

I mean look at the letters that they are responding to. If you based on the quality of the comic based on what they seem to think I would think we are currently in an all time high run not for the quality we are getting, in my opinion at least.

Well, this was an ending.

Spider-Man needing to be saved for the umpteenth time but he beat Madame Masque so it’s all good right? Even if it was the easiest way to beat her and it’s basically the only thing he accomplished in this whole story.

MJ and Spider-Boy showing up and trying hard to be relevant and goofy at the same time. Wells sure loves having MJ shoot purple blasts for some reason.

Tombstone is in charge again and wants to kill Spider-Man…which is basically the first arc of this run? What did this story even accomplish? Oh, I guess the anti-Superhero law was repealed but that was so irrelevant it might as well have not happened.

Extraordinary Member

This whole Gang War thing was uninteresting to me. Pretty much par for the course these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Spider-Man needing to be saved for the umpteenth time but he beat Madame Masque so it’s all good right? Even if it was the easiest way to beat her and it’s basically the only thing he accomplished in this whole story.

MJ and Spider-Boy showing up and trying hard to be relevant and goofy at the same time. Wells sure loves having MJ shoot purple blasts for some reason.

Tombstone is in charge again and wants to kill Spider-Man…which is basically the first arc of this run? What did this story even accomplish? Oh, I guess the anti-Superhero law was repealed but that was so irrelevant it might as well have not happened.
    Could have been handled without so much fanfare. A simple story of a hero just saving the lives of several city council members from some super villains.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

does anyone know that Peter is Spider-Man at the end of this?

how many villains actually went to jail at the end of this?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It broke up Randy and Janice!

Also the big problem with the Superhero Law in hindsight was this was something Zdarsky came up with in his Daredevil run. It was a phenominal run, but it was only a plot point a handful for other writers bothered to acknowledge. It feels like unless a big status quo initiative comes out of either the X-Men or Avengers events, it "doesn't count."

I feel like this is ironically the opposite extreme of the issue Marvel used to have where every big event kept upending the status quo of individual runs.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 02-29-2024 at 06:35 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Also the big problem with the Superhero Law in hindsight was this was something Zdarsky came up with in his Daredevil run. It was a phenominal run, but it was only a plot point a handful for other writers bothered to acknowledge. It feels like unless a big status quo initiative comes out of either the X-Men or Avengers events, it "doesn't count."

I feel like this is ironically the opposite extreme of the issue Marvel used to have where every big event kept upending the status quo of individual runs.
    Does that really count as a major accomplishment in the grand scheme of things? I mean i can't speak for anyone else but i wasn't invested in them getting together and i am certainly not really all that broken up by them being apart...then again everything about this run of Spider-man has been lackluster from the majority of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

I remember how it gave us a Thunderbolts team that they then proceeded to do nothing with.

I remember how it gave us a Thunderbolts team that they then proceeded to do nothing with.
    I really liked Zub's Champions and most of his other works, but for some reason he cant seem to get a book to last over 6 issues nowadays..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I really liked Zub's Champions and most of his other works, but for some reason he cant seem to get a book to last over 6 issues nowadays..
    Serves him right for killing Abe

Extraordinary Member

Right. Where was the Thunderbolts: Gang War series? That's right...they didn't do it.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Serves him right for killing Abe
    And Songbird is...somewhere.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And Songbird is...somewhere.
    I'm still waiting for her to reorganize the more redeemable members of the original Thunderbolts, along with some newer members who might be interested in trying to redeem themselves, and come back in a big way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.