Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dead X-Men 2 preview

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This looks and reads so good, I simply cannot wait for it.

Outstanding preview. Now we know why their mission continues while Xavier is following his plan. Prodigy has a lot of data and knowledge in his mind now. I almost wonder if there's something specific he's looking for.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm assuming the 30 minute limit in each timeline still holds true. It's strange that they think the answer to stopping a Dominion might be in one of the original 9 lives of Moira since from what we've seen, she died in each one before even considering Dominionhood as an option. None of her past lives reached a cosmic scale for her to even consider or encounter one.

Except maybe life 6. That was redacted at one point. Was that eventually revealed though? I can't keep up. The original plan made sense but this new one feels slightly flimsy to keep the series going.

Extraordinary Member

So no surprises with this preview. I was curious if Prodigy saw something in Moira's memories that would change things somehow but it looks like a straightforward jump-in-with-no-plan plan, but a neat jumping off from the first mission. The Moira from issue #1 will be crossing paths with them and stopping her will be the obvious conclusion. Whether that leads to something that comes back to the main story or not... I suppose it would be nice if it did and that more of the books in this stage of the game have an impact.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I'm assuming the 30 minute limit in each timeline still holds true. It's strange that they think the answer to stopping a Dominion might be in one of the original 9 loves of Moira since from what we've seen, she died in each one before even considering Dominionhood as an option. None of her past lives reached a cosmic scale for her to even consider or encounter one.

Except maybe life 6. That was redacted at one point. Was that eventually revealed though? I can't keep up. The original plan made sense but this new one feels slightly flimsy to keep the series going.
    Life 6 was revealed to have been the life where Moira was in the preserve and the post-humans try to ascend to the dominion. As for finding an answer, I do not think they are going into these lives to look for Moira nor do I think they actually have any time limit as they think Enigma will be blind to their movements there. While Moira was not known to be seeking dominion, it sounds like they are hoping someone might and we all know how when someone is betting everything on some one-in-a-billion odds gamble they almost certainly stumble upon just what they need right away.

Yeah it still feels strange. I know the preview gave voice to the people who think the plan sounds ridiculous by actually pointing it out, but it still doesn't help. They're just going to randomly jump into timelines hoping they are going to randomly pop into someone who knows how to kill a Dominion? That's very specific and ludicrous. Oh well. I liked the first issue and I like this team so maybe the writer will make this work. He gets the benefit of the doubt cause issues 1 was so fun.
    Last edited by Saturius; 02-22-2024 at 05:20 PM.

Prodigy is a genius and I'm starting to get the feeling there's more to his plan than he may be saying.

I'm guessing they're going to explore Moira's sixth life. The one we don't have information from those white pages.

This has been a surprise read. I look forward to more from Steve Foxe.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Huh I did not expect them to go back to Moira's previous lives. Although I guess it makes sense given what Moira in DXM #1 is intending to do. Maybe this will be a mini version of that long lost Moira book.

It's odd that Rachel says Moira's previous lives don't branch off from this timeline, because they do. Although I guess it's more like, they branched off way earlier, like...50 years ago? Not sure how old Moira is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Prodigy is a genius and I'm starting to get the feeling there's more to his plan than he may be saying.
    I hope so, because the plan as it is sounds a bit farfetched. Unless they go to Moira's 10A life, that's the only place where a dominion was defeated, but nobody other than Omega Sentinel and Nimrod knows of its existence.
    Also Moira wouldn't have memories of that timeline anyway, since it was erased by timetravel.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I hope so, because the plan as it is sounds a bit farfetched. Unless they go to Moira's 10A life, that's the only place where a dominion was defeated, but nobody other than Omega Sentinel and Nimrod knows of its existence.
    Also Moira wouldn't have memories of that timeline anyway, since it was erased by timetravel.
    I was wondering if they would stumble upon life 10A. That could be very interesting.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    It's odd that Rachel says Moira's previous lives don't branch off from this timeline, because they do. Although I guess it's more like, they branched off way earlier, like...50 years ago? Not sure how old Moira is supposed to be.
    But they don't exist. Each time Moira died those timelines were burned back to her birth. It's not like when Moira turns 13 there are ten branches the erupt on the timeline and each play out at the and time. Each life is "the" 616 timeline until she dies and it resets back to her birth. So Rachel is right that they are dead universes as they aren't connected to 616.