Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think some of the speech bubbles could have been placed in better areas but excited to read this next issue.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Also note that Rachel does not, in fact, need Mother Righteous to communicate with the WHR. She can do it on her own as a child of the Phoenix and former host who has been to the WHR. I vote this as a tell that Rachel does not trust Xavier fully and holding cards to her chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Also note that Rachel does not, in fact, need Mother Righteous to communicate with the WHR. She can do it on her own as a child of the Phoenix and former host who has been to the WHR. I vote this as a tell that Rachel does not trust Xavier fully and holding cards to her chest.
    Yup. I like that they're doing their own sideplan without consulting the Sinisters.

But they don't exist. Each time Moira died those timelines were burned back to her birth. It's not like when Moira turns 13 there are ten branches the erupt on the timeline and each play out at the and time. Each life is "the" 616 timeline until she dies and it resets back to her birth. So Rachel is right that they are dead universes as they aren't connected to 616.
    We gotta accept that this has been retconned by now, Moira in Dead X-Men #1 says she knows how to go back.

I really hope that Foxe keeps writing X-books after Fall of X ends, he is one of the best writers writing X-men alongside Al Ewing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well, I do hope so. Xavier is not telling her everything, that was clear in the other issue of this week. So, hope Rachel has a great plan that makes her and the Dead X-Men the heroes of this event.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yup. I like that they're doing their own sideplan without consulting the Sinisters.
    Agreed. I like that they discussed this plan on their own without the influence of the Sinisters and Xavier.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The casual comfort Jubilee exercises socially is hilarious.

"Frenzy, baby..."

I love it. Jubilee has always been 1000% that person who gets hired and acts like they know you before actually knowing you -- and the majority of the team says things like "Doesn't Jubilee seem a little TOO comfortable with everyone? Like, I told her my name is Christopher and she's been calling me Chrissy or C-Money ever since."

You KNOW this was her whole personality back in Generation X.
    She was nicknaming people immediately, boasting about her time in the X-Men, talking to the authority figures like they were her uncle or aunt rather than her teachers, borrowing things from her teammates without asking and then fully forgetting to give them back. She's that person who behaves like your sibling despite you only having just met her. ha ha ha. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Prodigy is a genius and I'm starting to get the feeling there's more to his plan than he may be saying.
    Prodigy and Rachel about to save the whole of reality!!

But what the heck is embedded in his chest??

I hope this is something she's keeping from Xavier.
    Righteous & Just subterfuge!

Agreed. I like that they discussed this plan on their own without the influence of the Sinisters and Xavier.
    I was including Xavier in the Sinisters. Or has he been purged ? I have yet to finish Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I was including Xavier in the Sinisters. Or has he been purged ? I have yet to finish Immortal.
    He couldn't have been truly purged yet. If he was reincarnated in a Sinister free body he wouldn't have the beard.

Don't like Bernard Chang's artwork...it's jagged and rough and the faces are ugly. Jubilee looks like a man. Story-wise, I think Rachel is correct about those previous timelines...they just don't exist anymore where the original Moira is concerned. I am guessing though that they will be able to go to one of them.

Timeline 10A keeps coming to mind. Is it possible for them to somehow get there? That's when Moira became a believer and triumphed with mutantkind, right?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love a determined team with a plan .

Extraordinary Member

Timeline 10A keeps coming to mind. Is it possible for them to somehow get there? That's when Moira became a believer and triumphed with mutantkind, right?
    Marvel time travel is broken now. There are no rules so everything is just how the story decides to go, meaning everything is possible and at the same time everything is impossible.

Added: I do not think that is where the story is going, anyway. It is going backwards through her lives. The Phoenix Force being the answer to Enigma will probably just be revealed through Rise or Forever.
    Last edited by cranger; 02-23-2024 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Don't like Bernard Chang's artwork...it's jagged and rough and the faces are ugly. Jubilee looks like a man. Story-wise, I think Rachel is correct about those previous timelines...they just don't exist anymore where the original Moira is concerned. I am guessing though that they will be able to go to one of them.
    Well, Jonas Scharf and Vincenzo Carratł did art for #1 along with Chang. Hopefully Nguyen and Sanna's pages are more to your liking.