Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Chang is gonna make sure everyone has big lips though...
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Timeline 10A keeps coming to mind. Is it possible for them to somehow get there? That's when Moira became a believer and triumphed with mutantkind, right?
    maybe that timeline Moira is the Moira that this timeline needs (?)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yeah it still feels strange. I know the preview gave voice to the people who think the plan sounds ridiculous by actually pointing it out, but it still doesn't help. They're just going to randomly jump into timelines hoping they are going to randomly pop into someone who knows how to kill a Dominion? That's very specific and ludicrous. Oh well. I liked the first issue and I like this team so maybe the writer will make this work. He gets the benefit of the doubt cause issues 1 was so fun.
    Since the Dominion was once a person, it's biggest weakness even in it's current state might be it's former humanity, leading it to consider impossibilities or getting tricked.

For instance, a convoluted plan could be enacted that, on it's face, makes no sense. But the Dominion can eventually crack the defenses enacted to keep the plan secret and read enough to know that it *should* be utterly meaningless, no threat at all to it, but the minds it manages to raid believe in the plan entirely *and there is data missing.* A telepath has deleted some memories in those it has read, so the Dominion 'knows' that there is some secret information out there, that, presumably, makes sense of the entire thing...

But there isn't. It's a bluff. The X-telepaths have deleted some random memories of no significance, in the various agents carrying out the seemingly random elements of 'the plan,' and the entire point of it is not to exploit some weakness in the Dominion, it's to *create a weakness* in the Dominion by sowing doubt in it's own infallibility and prompting the Dominion to take measures to stop 'the plan' (or just learn more about it) that expose it to attack.

It could be a huge psy op, which would be totally on-brand for Xavier, if, generally speaking, more clever than his usual brute force 'I'm the most powerful mind on the planet and you will do what I say!' approach. (It seems more of a Shadow King sort of move, sneaky and underhanded...)

In unrelated news, I am kind of loving Dazzler and Frenzy on a team together, since both, at different times, were based on Grace Jones. (Back when Disco Dazzler was first sketched as a black woman, anyway.)