Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Don't get me wrong: I wouldn't mind seeing Nova and Quasar on the same team. But the writer should be careful to have them contribute in different ways. Otherwise, it will turn out like those Thor-fests where everyone has a hammer and lightning bolts and strength and pretty much use all of those powers the exact same way with almost the same exact temperament. It turns into one big yawn.
    as much as I personally liked it, that was kind of the issue with The Annihilators

these days tho, with Wendell existing in energy form, the two would likely be more complimentary - Wendell could do ranged attacks, constructs, cloaking/illusions and other distraction tactics... Rich would be more direct in his approach...

if you look at their power sets, the only real overlaps are energy blasts and wormhole creation

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Perhaps. Although...

Marvel's problem is that there really isn't sufficient differentiation between these "all powerful" types. Everyone's cosmic level-based powers are pretty much the same deal, albeit with varying ceilings and floors. It can get pretty boring pretty fast if you put them all on the same team -- or even 2-3 of them on the same team. Ewing did that with Ultimates, and I thought it was a mistake having Monica Rambeau, Adam Brashear and Carol on the same team, especially when Carol needed Adam or Monica around to boost her up to Binary level so that she could keep pace with the thoroughbreds. Maybe if Ewing had emphasized a bit more that Monica has the energy-based mastery, Adam has the antimatter/molecular based mastery and Carol/Binary was the heat/gravity-based mastery, but we never really got that -- and Carol wound up stealing the stage from the other two, even though she came in riding their coattails.

Don't get me wrong: I wouldn't mind seeing Nova and Quasar on the same team. But the writer should be careful to have them contribute in different ways. Otherwise, it will turn out like those Thor-fests where everyone has a hammer and lightning bolts and strength and pretty much use all of those powers the exact same way with almost the same exact temperament. It turns into one big yawn.
    Yeah I think they tried but they ran into the same issue with how do you challenge and show the uniqueness of each character when every character in the lineup is meant to be OP.