Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Should the original JSA return

I'm actually enjoying Earth 2 but I wonder is their room in to add a JSA team similar to the originals who were perhaps frozen or stuck in limbo from world war II to present day prime earth new 52 DC? While I think Earth 2 works really well as a ultimate or earth one type story I still would like to have a version of the JSA that were around before the Justice League and survived World War 2.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I'm actually enjoying Earth 2 but I wonder is their room in to add a JSA team similar to the originals who were perhaps frozen or stuck in limbo from world war II to present day prime earth new 52 DC? While I think Earth 2 works really well as a ultimate or earth one type story I still would like to have a version of the JSA that were around before the Justice League and survived World War 2.
    It should, but I doubt it will. They should have formed the team in future's end, so we can at-least know DC hasn't forgot about them.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It should, but I doubt it will. They should have formed the team in future's end, so we can at-least know DC hasn't forgot about them.
    Well Futures End is still going...

Of course. Will they? Doubtful. But I'd be the first in line to buy if they did.

BANNED

No. Don't like superheroes being in the public eye before the Justice League and not really that keen on WWII devolving into a battle of costumes.

Much as I loved the original JSA and the concept of heroes who were in action back during the days of WWII, I think I'd have to vote no.

It's not that I don't want it to happen . . . I just don't trust DC to handle it properly.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

If we're talking about bringing back the classic JSA, I think it should be the original JSA from the original Earth 2. Give me all or nothing here please.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'd be more than fine with some out-of-continuity stories about them.

Or an Earth based on them. Either one is fine.

No if they return to Prime Earht i'm certain DC is going to redesign all of their Costumes and Personalities then there's going to be more whining than when they were gone.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No thanks, no thanks at all.

Superman should be the first superhero, and the League the first organized group of heroes. Having a team in the 40s is hookey. Now a whole Earth where that stuff is happening? Sure. An out of continuity book about the JSA during the war? Great. Not in the main DCU though, it doesn't fit and it honestly never really did (unless guys like Superman and Batman were around then, but we're in 2014 now).

If it was set in WW2 then yes

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    No thanks, no thanks at all.

Superman should be the first superhero, and the League the first organized group of heroes. Having a team in the 40s is hookey. Now a whole Earth where that stuff is happening? Sure. An out of continuity book about the JSA during the war? Great. Not in the main DCU though, it doesn't fit and it honestly never really did (unless guys like Superman and Batman were around then, but we're in 2014 now).
    Why?

No one has ever been able to give me a satisfying answer.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    If it was set in WW2 then yes
    The only way I would want to see that is if it was really more of a war story and not just the JSA fighting lame nazi villains in America. Really show what it would be like to have super heroes fighting in a war and the aftermath of that. Most old school JSA fans would hate that with a passion though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    No. Don't like superheroes being in the public eye before the Justice League and not really that keen on WWII devolving into a battle of costumes.
    The original JSA is great but imo they worked best pre-Crisis where they could be the top heroes of their world and not mentors/also-rans to the League in the main continuity.

No, old characters are icky.

Well, that's what DC thinks anyway.