Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men '97 #1 - Letterless Preview

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

This looks fun. I'm in.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Looks very fun.

Reminds me of those activity books and coloring books from the 90s about the OG cartoon lol.

Yeah this looks really fun. I'll definitely be picking it up.

I mean, obviously, I will still buy this book. But I just don’t understand why Marvel absolutely refuses to give us the badass 90’s X-Men without the cartoony aesthetic. This right here is EXACTLY what I want/need to see (I wish I could get this incredible image as an art print but I have no idea how to go about that).
    9CA9FDDD-752F-4488-B81C-F7F9C4CA65E1.jpg

Even the artwork like what Tom Grummett did for “X-Men Forever: Vol 1” in 2009 (the ONLY good element of the first 5 issues before they deliberately ruined it with needless uniform changes and non-stop “twists”) would be great! However, this upcoming “X-Men ‘97” book looks identical to the recent “X-Men ‘92: House Of XCII” title; like artwork you would expect to see in a children’s book.

My sincere hope is that the “X-Men ‘97” Disney+ series will prove popular enough to warrant a new on-going 90s X-Men title book, but with much more serious looking artwork and dialogue.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 02-23-2024 at 05:16 PM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Jubilee certainly seems to appreciate Storm's new hairstyle more than Kitty did at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Jubilee certainly seems to appreciate Storm's new hairstyle more than Kitty did at the time
    Ororo: Hullo child. My apologies for being late.

Jubilee: Storm your hair IS ALL THAT.

Ororo: And a bag of chips wouldn't you say? *Insert smile*

X-Men 97 is like, hands down the worst hair Storm has ever had. It looks like a scoop of ice cream sitting on top of her head. It doesn't give goddess, it doesn't give punk, it doesn't give glam. I hate it!

Why isn't Ororo rocking some awesome stilettos? Get rid of that mama unstilish shoes, Ororo. ç_ç
    With your body and that suit you want to wear at least 3inches stiletto. Come on, Goddess!
    (now, remove also the shirt under the jacket, and wear the jacket over the naked skin, and I die and go to heaven praying the Goddess - but I know, General Audience media, tame looks).
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

yeah the shoes are the bigger offense!

Also, does it seem like Jubliee is Bishop's sidekick in these pages?

Seems like the art is trying to be like the cartoon. The artist did House of X 92 as well I think? It looks different. I'm enjoying Steve Foxe so I will definitely read this on Unlimited. I'm over buying right now with FotHoX, RotPoX, X-Men, Immortal/Forever, Dead XMen, and just off Astonishing Iceman. As excited I am for the cartoon I do think its creation has affected the timing of Krakoa's ending to how the books will be rebooting.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The art is very colorful and Storm looks amazing in a suit .

I wonder if the X-Men are fighting the Friends of Humanity?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I see that White Suit and all I can think is Emma wore it a thousand times better.

This is the illustrated comic book and It's like they're not even trying to tap into her actual heritage. She's a black woman who spent all of her formative years in Africa for Goddess' sake! Why is that so frakking difficult to get on the page?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That is what I was hoping the new cartoon would look like.