Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hans Gruber could be his best, but he was good in every role, like the Irish politician he played in Michael Collins.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I always felt like his potential was not reached in the movies, even though he was great in everything, and that his true passion was for the stage. Would have loved to see him in a play but alas never had the chance.

He and Gary Oldman are both actors who I can always watch and enjoy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

I think his role in Quigley Downunder is under appreciated. Raw psychopathy.
    I was coming to mention this one.
    As an aside it would've been cool if the movie had caught on cause I'd have liked more Quigley films with Tom Selleck.

I also like his Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. I know it isn't the most loquacious or grand but it is fun to watch.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    As an aside it would've been cool if the movie had caught on cause I'd have liked more Quigley films with Tom Selleck.

I also like his Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. I know it isn't the most loquacious or grand but it is fun to watch.
    I read that he took the Sheriff's role b/c he was given a very free hand with his dialogue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Quigley is one of my favorite all-time movies, and certainly one of my favorite Westerns. IIRC there is not another Western set in Australia. Am I right, or is there one?

I too would have liked more Quigley movies, but that time sadly has passed long ago.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Quigley is one of my favorite all-time movies, and certainly one of my favorite Westerns. IIRC there is not another Western set in Australia. Am I right, or is there one?

I too would have liked more Quigley movies, but that time sadly has passed long ago.
    The Man From Snowy River certainly qualifies.