Default Live action Naruto movie from Lionsgate in the works

Lionsgate gets rights to make a live action naruto movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ks-1235833511/

I hope it's good but the odds are low with Hollywood.

I kind of wish they wouldn’t.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Naruto Evolution!

Astonishing Member

NO Sasuke !!!

I guess I can kind of see how the action in Shang-Chi might translate to Naruto, but I remain skeptical (even if Kishimoto is working on the script).

Those actors better be well-trained in their namba bashiri:

Mighty Member

this might not be the total trainwreck that I expect it to be. but, unless the trailer looks absolutely amazing, I'll probably skip this one.

I really enjoyed the narrative right up to the point where Naruto and Sasuke fight in the Valley. Sasuke goes on his merry little way in his quest for vengeance and Naruto is left upset. that was the turning point in the series for me... because it was ALL downhill from there. at first it was slow, but then it got worse faster and faster. it changed from a moderately pleasant roller coaster descent into a dismal kamikaze plane falling 500-ft short of the ship it was aiming for.

(similar to my thoughts on the Aizen revelation in Bleach. I really enjoyed both of those titles until they tipped their hand)

Looks like shang chi director is making the naruto movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    this might not be the total trainwreck that I expect it to be. but, unless the trailer looks absolutely amazing, I'll probably skip this one.

I really enjoyed the narrative right up to the point where Naruto and Sasuke fight in the Valley. Sasuke goes on his merry little way in his quest for vengeance and Naruto is left upset. that was the turning point in the series for me... because it was ALL downhill from there. at first it was slow, but then it got worse faster and faster. it changed from a moderately pleasant roller coaster descent into a dismal kamikaze plane falling 500-ft short of the ship it was aiming for.

(similar to my thoughts on the Aizen revelation in Bleach. I really enjoyed both of those titles until they tipped their hand)
    Yeah. That final arc was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post

I enjoyed Shippuden but it felt like it outgrew Naruto the character. His antics didn't fit the war is hell vibes.

I liked BLEACH but lost faith in the Aizen Saga as it was too much of a slog. It would've been better if it was much shorter.

Most shonens tend to drag on so a movie series could trim the fat.

Naruto is gonna suffer the child actor problem. He's probably gonna be 18 by the time Sasuke leaves Konoha. So you are gonna have to retool that character immensely and speed up his maturity. Same with Hinata's crush on Naruto as it works better when you are 10 than 20.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-01-2024 at 10:48 AM.