Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not saying he'd be throwing hands with folks in gotham. just that he's not some frail old man.

i never said those were lecter's feats. i'm just pointing out that someone of sufficient deductive reasoning and observational skills could figure out a lot about batman with little to no information. add to that being psychologist who shares a similar background as batman and it wouldn't be hard for him to deduce batman's identity.
    I guess we’re gonna agree to disagree. I don’t see it at all but to each their own.

Astonishing Member

He's a psychiatrist, not a psychologist. There's a difference in degrees - MD vs PhD. As a psychiatrist, he might bond with Harley who is also a psychiatrist (there is some confusion, but it's pretty clear in some stories that she is an MD). They could open a joint office and practice for psychopathic villains and probably do quite well. Tony Soprano had a therapist, so there's a market for such, I would think.

Or he could get job at Arkham, and then the super villains seem to just die or kill themselves (or each other being edged on).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    He's a psychiatrist, not a psychologist. There's a difference in degrees - MD vs PhD. As a psychiatrist, he might bond with Harley who is also a psychiatrist (there is some confusion, but it's pretty clear in some stories that she is an MD). They could open a joint office and practice for psychopathic villains and probably do quite well. Tony Soprano had a therapist, so there's a market for such, I would think.

Or he could get job at Arkham, and then the super villains seem to just die or kill themselves (or each other being edged on).
    That's something I wondered. He's a brilliant psychiatrist, and he'd live here in a city where even the regular populace lives in a cloudy city stressed by crazy crime. Lecter might well mostly make a killing on that and even speak to several Arkham inmates before anyone figures out what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Serial killers who make a real effort to hide evidence of there having been a murder at all? Serial killers whose kills mostly appear to be mere missing persons cases? Or serial killers whose kills are showy and public?
    All 3 Bats has figured out and captured all kinds of killers over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Only until they decide they want to get out. The place has a revolving door for inmates. The Baltimore Hospital had him in permanent solo incarceration in that cell. Arkham lets nutjobs like Joker wander around in the cafeteria among the rest of the psycho populace.
    Um no they don't yes they get rec time but they don't get to Rome free or anything also yes it is a revolving door but they do have to work on getting out they don't just walk out anytime they want some can't escape right away and stay for awhile do you for real think the Baltimore Hospital is harder to escape than Arkham a place that holds active super power villans a place that holds guys like clayface for a long time?
    I mean you do know it's only a handful that get out on a regular basis right? There's a ton of others that don't get out.

its not because he's smart. lecter is a psychologist. its his job to get into the heads of others. all he would need to do is talk to either bruce or batman for a short amount of time and he'd figure it out. in "BATB", sherlock holmes was nearly able to suss out who he was just by looking at his costume.

as beadle said, arkham is no tight prison. do you know how many times folks have escaped from, been let out of, or outright taken over arkham? for lecter, it would be almost insultingly easy for him to escape.
    You act like it's a bunch of nobody's who escape....

he would definitely have a blast with bruce. he'd respect him for having the strength of will to change his life to that level.

honestly speaking, i can see lecter killing the joker himself. just to make bruce's life easier.
    Ok this is getting silly I love lecter but he isn't killing joker jokers wold murder him hell Hugo Strange is basically dcs
    lecter but better and more dangerous in every way possible.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You act like it's a bunch of nobody's who escape....
    and you're acting arkham isn't full of holes.
    Ok this is getting silly I love lecter but he isn't killing joker jokers wold murder him hell Hugo Strange is basically dcs
    honestly, strange wishes he was lecter. the dude was able to send the tooth fairy after will graham and his family from his cell and talk another inmate into killing himself.

my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    That's something I wondered. He's a brilliant psychiatrist, and he'd live here in a city where even the regular populace lives in a cloudy city stressed by crazy crime. Lecter might well mostly make a killing on that and even speak to several Arkham inmates before anyone figures out what he is.
    hmmm he does have a way with the mentally ill.

This is exactly what Lecter would do, except he'd only kill the ones he found gross or uninteresting. I can see him playing games with the inmates' minds, setting certain of them loose upon Gotham. Why? To see what they would do after he primes them a certain way.

Anyone who's seen the TV show knows how much Lecter loves to "prime" his patients in certain, particular ways.... "The significance of the moth is transformation." Lecter would help them ... transform.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    This is exactly what Lecter would do, except he'd only kill the ones he found gross or uninteresting. I can see him playing games with the inmates' minds, setting certain of them loose upon Gotham. Why? To see what they would do after he primes them a certain way.

Anyone who's seen the TV show knows how much Lecter loves to "prime" his patients in certain, particular ways.... "The significance of the moth is transformation." Lecter would help them ... transform.
    the question becomes, which ones would he kill?

the question becomes, which ones would he kill?
    No the real question is who would he kill before he himself gets killed.

and you're acting arkham isn't full of holes.

honestly, strange wishes he was lecter. the dude was able to send the tooth fairy after will graham and his family from his cell and talk another inmate into killing himself.
    Please, Hugo is someone who Lecter wishes he was when he grows up.

Agreed completely. Lecter is getting way overrated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Please, Hugo is someone who Lecter wishes he was when he grows up.
    lecter was killing folks since he was a teenage and only got caught by chance by will graham.