Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    That's not how I remember it being described, or can you elaborate or post scans?
    story arc, Batman: The Last Arkham, Zsasz bribes a contractor to include a secret passage leading out from his cell during the asylum's reconstruction

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That's cool 1 time mad hatter literally turned a guy into a real Jabberwocky just to prove a point....
    Wait, WHAT? I mean I knew some of the Batman villains did some crazy stuff but since when was the Mad Hatter into transformation magic OR Genetic modifications??
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

Harley and Hannibal sit down for a nice roast of Joker with Fava Beans and Chianti - unlike Bats, they have no problems with finally doing in Joker - in a culinary manner.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Wait, WHAT? I mean I knew some of the Batman villains did some crazy stuff but since when was the Mad Hatter into transformation magic OR Genetic modifications??
    The guy is really smart people for get he made mind control technology he basically reversed Engineered manbats serum he then combined manbat Killer Croc Solomon Grundy DNA to make a Jabberwocky that somehow looks just like in the book he did it to a Dr in Arkham who didn't believe they were crazy he wanted to show him what it was like pretty good story.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The guy is really smart people for get he made mind control technology he basically reversed Engineered manbats serum he then combined manbat Killer Croc Solomon Grundy DNA to make a Jabberwocky that somehow looks just like in the book he did it to a Dr in Arkham who didn't believe they were crazy he wanted to show him what it was like pretty good story.
    And people think Hannibal can beat him. I think it’s because they don’t know his feats and just go off of second hand information.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    And people think Hannibal can beat him. I think it’s because they don’t know his feats and just go off of second hand information.
    They think he can beat the joker it's really odd...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    While people can make mistakes sometimes, tell me how fair it is to cast a second hand information handwave on people opining on Lecter in Gotham when the alternative has him been called a normal person in this thread, when he can smell brands of skins creams, and perfumes, and lotions, just to tick off people, in addition to memorize everything he sees in order to paint something I couldn't remotely do. What normal people do you know who can do any of that? Or by normal do you assume people in Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, or Rebirth Gotham? No normal people can do any of that in either verse. I assure even the worse Hannibal project, the young prequel, has him doing more than the normal folks in any universe based on current Earth do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    While people can make mistakes sometimes, tell me how fair it is to cast a second hand information handwave on people opining on Lecter in Gotham when the alternative has him been called a normal person in this thread, when he can smell brands of skins creams, and perfumes, and lotions, just to tick off people, in addition to memorize everything he sees in order to paint something I couldn't remotely do. What normal people do you know who can do any of that? Or by normal do you assume people in Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, or Rebirth Gotham? No normal people can do any of that in either verse. I assure even the worse Hannibal project, the young prequel, has him doing more than the normal folks in any universe based on current Earth do.
    Yeah, Lectur is basically a supervillain in a world of normal people. He's superhumanly strong for a man of his size and age, has a superhuman sense of smell, is brilliant, and has a perfect predator's control over his emotions and pain reactions. He's not that big a deal by comicbook standards, but in his world world of normal people he's an absolute beast.

Still, his only chance in Gotham is to hunt quietly, and work to make sure his kills never become more than missing person statistics.

Mighty Member

it seems like when a character is portrayed as "smart" some posters subconsciously revert to a NO LIMITS FALLACY on their intellect. (Grand Admiral Thrawn and Hannibal Lecter, in particular, seen to be favorites in this regard)

just because a character is "smart" doesn't mean that they are omnicompetent and omniscient. it also doesn't guarantee that their techniques will always work on every person that they use them on.

based on feats, Lecter would have trouble with some of Gotham City's run-of-the-mill cops and C-listers... to say nothing of the supervillains and Batman himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    it seems like when a character is portrayed as "smart" some posters subconsciously revert to a NO LIMITS FALLACY on their intellect. (Grand Admiral Thrawn and Hannibal Lecter, in particular, seen to be favorites in this regard)

just because a character is "smart" doesn't mean that they are omnicompetent and omniscient. it also doesn't guarantee that their techniques will always work on every person that they use them on.

based on feats, Lecter would have trouble with some of Gotham City's run-of-the-mill cops and C-listers... to say nothing of the supervillains and Batman himself.
    It's been said all over this thread that Lecter could either easily feast on everyone under the radar, manipulate people who are in a position that manipulating them would be useful, according to his capabilities, or just as easily die in a massive Joker explosion, maybe or maybe not years after he started living in Gotham.

Another thing that might help Lecter is he could not want to be associated at all with the cape and villain crowd. The press calling him Cannibal Man might offend him more than the census worker and the FBI questionnaire he was asked to answer. He might spend as much time just soaking in Gotham's architecture and culture and history while sizing up potential victims. He doesn't kill many people at any given time, I think he has a dozens body count lifetime only also accounting the TV show when he was younger as well. And he probably wouldn't like to call himself omniscient either. He was contemptuous of Clarice at first until he talked to her enough and gave her enough information to fulfill her potential at the FBI and said she was useful to the world, as best as he could say that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Wildling; 03-01-2024 at 08:49 PM.