Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Agreed completely. Lecter is getting way overrated here.
    his track record with mentally distrubed peopled tells me he could do a lot of damage to the rogue. he's not going to actually fight them. he can literally mess with their heads to the point where they either get themselves killed or get some of them to kill themselves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Um no they don't yes they get rec time but they don't get to Rome free or anything also yes it is a revolving door but they do have to work on getting out they don't just walk out anytime they want some can't escape right away and stay for awhile do you for real think the Baltimore Hospital is harder to escape than Arkham a place that holds active super power villans a place that holds guys like clayface for a long time?
    I mean you do know it's only a handful that get out on a regular basis right? There's a ton of others that don't get out.
    It's as easy to get into Arkham as it is, relatively speaking, to get out of it or walk all around it. A white collar criminal alleged insanity transparently hoping to get a more lenient sentence only to find himself sharing a shower with Joker in Arkham. And Lecter is not Clayface. I could see him sweet talking the staff to ease their stress from dealing with the other inmates, maybe convince them to make him go pretty up the garden, and then he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Well Gotham is still crime-infested despite Batman's efforts, and Hannibal is very quiet about his serial-killing, so he probably lasts quite a while. Batman mostly goes after loud supervillains who make public spectacles of their kills, only hiding their own complicity or location. It might take many years for Batman to even discover that Hannibal exists, with his kills just being a missing person statistic lost amidst the deluge of missing persons statistics in Gotham. Batman might even never discover his existence.

If Hannibal makes the mistake of getting on Batman's radar, however, then Batman will catch him pretty quickly. Can't see that happening unless Hannibal kills someone Bruce likes, like some high-society type Bruce is fond of, and takes note when he or she vanishes.
    Composite Hannibal Lecter would include the tv version of Hannibal Lecter, and that Lecter had a penchant for setting up his crime scenes as shocking and dramatic tableaus. He doesn't want to avoid Batman's attention, he would actively seek that attention so that he could demonstrate his superior intellect. I'm not saying that Lecter is necessarily smarter than Wayne, but they are probably close in IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    It's as easy to get into Arkham as it is, relatively speaking, to get out of it or walk all around it. A white collar criminal alleged insanity transparently hoping to get a more lenient sentence only to find himself sharing a shower with Joker in Arkham. And Lecter is not Clayface. I could see him sweet talking the staff to ease their stress from dealing with the other inmates, maybe convince them to make him go pretty up the garden, and then he's gone.
    lecter is a very charming bastard. he makes you almost forget that he's a serial killer. i could see him doing that with the guards and/or a few of the inmates.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    his track record with mentally distrubed peopled tells me he could do a lot of damage to the rogue. he's not going to actually fight them. he can literally mess with their heads to the point where they either get themselves killed or get some of them to kill themselves.
    And what’s to stop them from just outright killing him?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    And what’s to stop them from just outright killing him?
    Because Lecter picks his fights carefully, maximizes his intellectual assets when exploiting people, and has massive patience when it comes to be around people who want to have a SWAT team around him at all times if he's supposed to walk freely.
    Last edited by Wildling; 02-26-2024 at 06:10 PM.

I don't see it tbh. He's playing in a whole different scale of both power and chance. It's way likely he merced in a random prison break because he overestimates himself at some point and doesn't know he's not in Kansas anymore
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I don't see it tbh. He's playing in a whole different scale of both power and chance. It's way likely he merced in a random prison break because he overestimates himself at some point and doesn't know he's not in Kansas anymore
    Chance is always possible for him and he probably would cherish it, he embraced Clarice in the first place for that reason.

Because Lecter picks his fights carefully, maximizes his intellectual assets when exploiting people, and has massive patience when it comes to be around people who want to have a SWAT team around him at all times if he's supposed to walk freely.
    he's also hella charming when talking to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    lecter isn't just gonna sit there and think he's king fish or something. as noted, he's very observant of those around him and those who take his interest. he'd know who he can take and who he can't take in fight. not that he would engage in a fight. its.........beneath him.

and you're acting arkham isn't full of holes.

honestly, strange wishes he was lecter. the dude was able to send the tooth fairy after will graham and his family from his cell and talk another inmate into killing himself.
    It's literally a hard full of supervillains who can get out I can name a ton of villans whi stay for a long time again HL was in a real world version of arkham with regular crazy and it took him 10 years or so to get out.

Ok that's great about lecter and the tooth fairy strange made literally monster...

What? OK frist Great White Shark was buying he's way into
    Arkham Great White Shark was never allowed to walk aaround Arkham free the only time that happened was during the demom thing yes he had to shower around the joker dangerous people do shower ya know....

garden? What are you talking about? Do you think you can just jump over the wall of Arkham? No one would watch him?

Look I'm not saying he'd never get out but people more dangerous than him have trouble getting out.

He has never dealt with anyone on the level of mad hatter
    Scarecrow Black Mask Riddler joker these are guys who put city's in danger they aren't killing themselves he's not getting them to get themselves killed he isn't mess with their heads anymore then they already are trust me he doesn't want to F with these guys.

Astonishing Member

What? OK frist Great White Shark was buying he's way into
    Arkham Great White Shark was never allowed to walk aaround Arkham free the only time that happened was during the demom thing yes he had to shower around the joker dangerous people do shower ya know....

garden? What are you talking about? Do you think you can just jump over the wall of Arkham? No one would watch him?

Look I'm not saying he'd never get out but people more dangerous than him have trouble getting out.
    I'm saying he can do this because this facility is not going to deep lock him because they have bigger issues to deal with. Do you think Poison Ivy and Clayface and whoever else are going to be the ones keeping an eye on him? That's going to be the average joes staff, and Lecter would be more than qualified to get into their heads.

He has never dealt with anyone on the level of mad hatter
    Scarecrow Black Mask Riddler joker these are guys who put city's in danger they aren't killing themselves he's not getting them to get themselves killed he isn't mess with their heads anymore then they already are trust me he doesn't want to F with these guys.
    he thinks himself a character from a children's book written over 100 years ago.

lecter would have a field day with him.

It's literally a hard full of supervillains who can get out I can name a ton of villans whi stay for a long time again HL was in a real world version of arkham with regular crazy and it took him 10 years or so to get out.

Ok that's great about lecter and the tooth fairy strange made literally monster...
    he wasn't actively trying to get out of the asylum. he could've escaped when he did what he did to that nurse but he didn't.

lecter doesn't make monsters. he manipulates them.

and just to show how damn charming he can be.....