Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah…this attitude is going to help anything. It darn sure isn’t getting other people on board to be more accepting and you know… buying the product to keep it going.

Again, so far this switching or evolving of characters over the last 8-10 years hasn’t produced the outcome of success. All it’s doing is causing more and more division. Which in return doesn’t do much to help us.

I don’t see how that is so difficult to understand. What really is so bad having a new character? Or at the very least stop spoiling things and letting the audience decide before hand?

Being dismissive isn’t going to getting anyone anywhere. Shurg
    I feel like people HAVE responded to your concerns, you’re just not acknowledging them. When new characters get introduced people have reactions JUST LIKE THIS (see: Escapade, Somnus, half the mutants Ayala created, etc.)

Whether it was now or after the premiere, certain fans were going to have this reaction. Shoot, people literally lost their minds when Black Cat‘s bisexuality came up in Spider-Man 2 and that was nowhere in the marketing of the game (and was an incredibly minor detail).

Things are divisive because of the state of the world right now, and I promise this cartoon isn’t tipping the scales in either direction.

Yeah…this attitude is going to help anything. It darn sure isn’t getting other people on board to be more accepting and you know… buying the product to keep it going.

Again, so far this switching or evolving of characters over the last 8-10 years hasn’t produced the outcome of success. All it’s doing is causing more and more division. Which in return doesn’t do much to help us.

I don’t see how that is so difficult to understand. What really is so bad having a new character? Or at the very least stop spoiling things and letting the audience decide before hand?

Being dismissive isn’t going to getting anyone anywhere. Shurg
    Yeah, you're not arguing in good faith. As the poster above mentioned, why are you ignoring that even when it is a new character, these people STILL complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like people HAVE responded to your concerns, you’re just not acknowledging them. When new characters get introduced people have reactions JUST LIKE THIS (see: Escapade, Somnus, half the mutants Ayala created, etc.)

Whether it was now or after the premiere, certain fans were going to have this reaction. Shoot, people literally lost their minds when Black Cat‘s bisexuality came up in Spider-Man 2 and that was nowhere in the marketing of the game (and was an incredibly minor detail).

Things are divisive because of the state of the world right now, and I promise this cartoon isn’t tipping the scales in either direction.
    Nah, I am acknowledging them. I’m just not engaging with those who are seeking to agitate.

New good products come out all the time and do very well. Look at Avatar the Last Airbender as an example. If handled correctly/well it works. Can you honestly say Escapade is truly a rememberable iconic character? Honestly.

Spider-Man 2 is one the most profitable games that in existence. A small section complained and the game continued to sell…you are proving my point for me.

I’m also not even saying that X-Men 97’ will fail. I’m saying this move caused unneeded controversy and now has the potential to lead to failure, when it was an easy slam dunk. Grains of sand make a heap.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-27-2024 at 10:43 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    It is pretty ridiculous that (presumably) grown men are angry about something from their childhood.

Like... the show was last shown in 1997. That is 27 years ago. If you were the target audience then (age range of 10-18), you are 37-44 years old now.
    Why are they so angry about a children's show? Their target demo is already overserved in all their childhood interests being presented to them as adults.

On the other hand, if they never watched the show in 1997 and are outraged now, then again, it shouldn't offend them that a character they never watched was 'changed'.
    IMO, it comes across as manufactured outrage.

It's kind of like the "f..king pronouns" freak out over the Starfield game some months back. Or how some people were complaining about Spider-man 2 being "woke". It's not a sentiment that's necessarily widely held but because of what social media is now, it gets blown up into something else.

I'm totally unconvinced that even a tenth of the people that watched the original series or have interest in the new one are even concerned about this. It's just some people making a story of this stuff on social media (who are profiting off it by the way) and making it more than it really is. Yes, there are a handful of fans that are "bemused" by this but I can't imagine that most grown adults are even concerned by this.

If it was a character like Wolverine or Storm that was revealed to be bisexual or something like that, then the "outrage" would be understandable.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-27-2024 at 10:51 AM.

Nah, I am acknowledging them. I’m just not engaging with those who are seeking to agitate.

New good products come out all the time and do very well. Look at Avatar the Last Airbender as an example. If handled correctly/well it works. Can you honestly say Escapade is truly a rememberable iconic character? Honestly.

Spider-Man 2 is one the most profitable games that in existence. A small section complained and the game continued to sell…you are proving my point for me.

I’m also not even saying that X-Men 97’ will fail. I’m saying this move caused unneeded controversy and now has the potential to lead to failure, when it was an easy slam dunk. Grains of sand make a heap.
    You say the outrage against Spider-Man 2 was, essentially, insignificant.

What are the metrics you’re using to judge that the outrage against X-Men ‘97 isn’t insignificant as well?

Follow-up question: why do you think there wasn’t an “outrage” almost 2 years ago when developers first started using they/them pronouns for Morph?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 02-27-2024 at 11:23 AM.

Politely, you are asserting that based on right around "Nothing..."

(Unless you have a percentage prediction along with some hard math when it came to how you arrived at said percentage...)

(Never mind that I have yet to see anything that looks even remotely like it amounts to anything like actual "Controversy...")

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    (Never mind that I have yet to see anything that looks even remotely like it amounts to anything like actual "Controversy...")
    My thoughts exactly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    IMO, it comes across as manufactured outrage.

It's kind of like the "f..king pronouns" freak out over the Starfield game some months back. Or how some people were complaining about Spider-man 2 being "woke". It's not a sentiment that's necessarily widely held but because of what social media is now, it gets blown up into something else.

I'm totally unconvinced that even a tenth of the people that watched the original series or have interest in the new one are even concerned about this. It's just some people making a story of this stuff on social media (who are profiting off it by the way) and making it more than it really is. Yes, there are a handful of fans that are "bemused" by this but I can't imagine that most grown adults are even concerned by this.

If it was a character like Wolverine or Storm that was revealed to be bisexual or something like that, then the "outrage" would be understandable.
    Agreed on this being manufactured by people hoping to get clicks.

I played Marvel's Spider-man and the Miles Morales game, years after they released (when they were on sale).
    Despite being interested in Spider-man 2, I will again wait for it to go on sale. I knew when the game released, but I had no idea that there was any 'controversy' at all.

I wasn't even aware there was any 'controversy' about Morph, until I clicked on this forum post because I was curious why someone was posting about such a minor X-men character (as opposed to the standard 'Jean Grey this" or "Rogue that" or "Wolverine huzzah!")

Side Note: Funnily enough, the thing I hated most about Marvel's Spider-man game was the Screwball missions. And the reason I hated it so much .... was that the character was a social media troll trying to stir things up for attention.

It's stupid. Morph was clearly a guy. As were the comic versions he was based on. Characters of different types aren't a problem at all. No one would care if Northstar were given a prominent role in the series. The problem is changing random established character to pander. And then gaslighting fans like people do with Iceman. Anyone who has read a good portion of his portrayal in comics knows that he was straight and liked women sincerely.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Being non-binary doesn't automatically mean Morph isn't attracted to women anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It's stupid. Morph was clearly a guy. As were the comic versions he was based on. Characters of different types aren't a problem at all. No one would care if Northstar were given a prominent role in the series. The problem is changing random established character to pander. And then gaslighting fans like people do with Iceman. Anyone who has read a good portion of his portrayal in comics knows that he was straight and liked women sincerely.
    You know there was a point in comics where Northstar came out, right? It was years after he showed up in comics. Also years before Iceman came out, the old version of this very forum had a 100 pages long thread called "Iceman is gay" with a lot of textual evidence and also some joke evidence.

This is how queer identities work. We pretend to be something we're not until we're ready. Sorry bud, but Morph is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here, but I would expect a multi-page discourse about Bobby and changing his sexuality.

But all this back and forth about Morph being NB now when the character was nothing more than a plot point on the OG cartoon is ludicrous.
    Last edited by Android 17; 03-01-2024 at 05:03 PM.

Again, every character is someone's favorite character. Personally, both Exiles Mimic and Morph are among my top 20 favorite Marvel characters. On paper they are the farthest away from my personal background or history and I still love them.

To add...when I first watch X-Men the animated series I was frustrated when Morph died, to the point that I debated if I would go on and watch the show moving forward. The character made a big impact on me. If that show and character could have made an impact on me years after the fact...I can only imagine what it was like for the kids who watch the show back then. You know when characters dying wasn't just another Wednesday.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Agreed on this being manufactured by people hoping to get clicks.

I played Marvel's Spider-man and the Miles Morales game, years after they released (when they were on sale).
    Despite being interested in Spider-man 2, I will again wait for it to go on sale. I knew when the game released, but I had no idea that there was any 'controversy' at all.

I wasn't even aware there was any 'controversy' about Morph, until I clicked on this forum post because I was curious why someone was posting about such a minor X-men character (as opposed to the standard 'Jean Grey this" or "Rogue that" or "Wolverine huzzah!")

Side Note: Funnily enough, the thing I hated most about Marvel's Spider-man game was the Screwball missions. And the reason I hated it so much .... was that the character was a social media troll trying to stir things up for attention.
    EXACTLY.

I didn't even know the Morph change was a thing until I peeked into this thread.

Screwball in some ways is the perfect villain for the age we live in. She's just a social media joker who would do anything for attention. In the comics, she's like those obnoxious pranksters who do anything for attention.