Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

The real reason why Wolverine was so distraught over Morph's death: he would have Morph shapeshift into Jean so they could have sex. Morph's death meant no redhead smash.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    X-Men is about tolerance. One would expect posters here would be more tolerant of different opinions and beliefs but that's sadly not the case.
    Insert "So much for the tolerant left" meme lol

But you're wrong. The X-Men have never been about tolerating all beliefs or opinions. The FoH, Grayson Creed's and Senator Kelly types have never been seen as sympathetic or having a valid argument. There's still a very black and white morality.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Insert "So much for the tolerant left" meme lol

But you're wrong. The X-Men have never been about tolerating all beliefs or opinions. The FoH, Grayson Creed's and Senator Kelly types have never been seen as sympathetic or having a valid argument. There's still a very black and white morality.
    That's fair, the X-Men don't tolerate extremism or violence, especially targeted violence.

Fortunately, I haven't seen any of that from posters.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    That's fair, the X-Men don't tolerate extremism or violence, especially targeted violence.

They don't show a tolerance for hateful rhetoric, either.

Hateful rhetoric falls under extremism.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Hateful rhetoric falls under extremism.
    Not necessarily. But the point is the idea that the X-Men comics are about accepting different opinions is completely false.

Not necessarily. But the point is the idea that the X-Men comics are about accepting different opinions is completely false.
    Well that and the "opinions" that "this non-binary character should not exist" or "this non-binary should only exist under the terms and conditions I agree to," while not violent, sure feel hateful to me.

I hear you, I just don't think it's that black and white, like you said. The poster used the word "tolerance", which is much different than "acceptance."

And the whole mission of the X-Men for decades was for tolerance, for peaceful coexistence, which they hoped to achieve by protecting mutants and humans, which included the people who hated and feared them. It was the ultimate message of the Days of Future Past.

But anyway. I just want people on this forum to quit slinging derisive comments at each other like it's cute to be mean. It's not. For example, posts like THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Well that and the "opinions" that "this non-binary character should not exist" or "this non-binary should only exist under the terms and conditions I agree to," while not violent, sure feel hateful to me.
    -are so much more valuable, imo.

Like, who wants to hurt someone else? It's heartbreaking. And some people will never hear us, and we can't "control" those people, we can only control ourselves.

This is why I brought up PR earlier. I wish Disney / Marvel handled this way more delicately. Because had they done more than just drop it and walk, had they talked to the crowd who is mad at the decision and explained how they got where they got - no they don't owe it to THOSE people... they owe it to the non-binary people who are feeling the attacks all over the place. And I think had Disney / Marvel done more, I strongly believe it would've pulled some of those hurtful opinions back, or lessened them.

Incredible Member

You might not have, but I have defentily seen and FELT (to point of reporting to admins and them doing nothing because the hate is not outright extreme, but more sly digs) hate from these boards for the last year. It seems as if the louder the world gets about being discriminatory, the worst these boards get. Hence why 95% of the time I just ghost these boards and dont join in on the conversations.

Nothing hateful has been said about non-binary people. I personally haven’t been offended at all.

Some are just trying to end the conversation because if you’re not cheering for the change you must be the enemy. Again the conversation only goes one way.

Going back to Morph I at least hope he has more play in the show. If the show runners went through the effort of causing the controversy they should at the very least give him more screen time as a hero. If it’s just lip service and Morph isn’t really doing anything but talking about being non-binary it will only make the matter worse. I personally don’t like being pandered to and the way this was announced it just feels ungenuine to me.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-09-2024 at 09:23 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

I don't get this talking point from the far right. If you're trying to do away with hate, why would you accept hate speech?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I don't get this talking point from the far right. If you're trying to do away with hate, why would you accept hate speech?
    They don't see it as hate speech. When a person says black people are more likely to commit crimes, sexual/gender identity is made up, LGBTQ are grooming kids, etc, they see it as simply stating "facts."

0 Morph in the new trailer…but it might be a good thing the dialogue is kinda cringe in some parts
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    The only reason this thread is 18 pages is because of the haters latching onto the Empire article.
    Really now? Despite the dozens of times people have talked about other complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Really now? Despite the dozens of times people have talked about other complaints?
    This thread. This thread. Not the other thread.