Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Is Nightcrawler basically the only Catholic out of the thousands of X-characters?
    No, just the most commonly seen one. For another example you have Saint Anna... or if you really want a list... there's a wiki page for that. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...lic_Characters

Ultimately, everyone here is REacting to something.

I think Disney / Marvel should've handled the information better and with more responsibility, because there are so many sides to this debate, and they just kinda dropped it and walked. And now we have this 18 page thread where people are hurling insults at one another left and right, are calling each other evil or stupid and comparing each other to mass murderers. That's gross, immature, and not needed, and I think a lot of it wouldn't have happened had Disney+ stepped TF up and recognized their audiences deserve a respectful and responsible delivery of information they know well and good is going to cause a lot of controversy. We pay their salaries. We deserved better.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Ultimately, everyone here is REacting to something.

I think Disney / Marvel should've handled the information better and with more responsibility, because there are so many sides to this debate, and they just kinda dropped it and walked. And now we have this 18 page thread where people are hurling insults at one another left and right, are calling each other evil or stupid and comparing each other to mass murderers. That's gross, immature, and not needed, and I think a lot of it wouldn't have happened had Disney+ stepped TF up and recognized their audiences deserve a respectful and responsible delivery of information they know well and good is going to cause a lot of controversy. We pay their salaries. We deserved better.
    https://www.them.us/story/nonbinary-...t-wing-outrage

Technically, this is all old news. Morph’s new nonbinary identity was announced at a San Diego Comic-Con panel in 2022, during which DeMayo used they/them pronouns for the character and stated Morph would be “taking on a new persona” compared to their old characterization.

Why does nobody want to talk about that? They just want to talk about the Empire article which, by the way, has this quote regarding the matter:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-non-binary/

With the shapeshifter Morph, it was revealed that X-Men '97 will feature a "lighter take on the character, who is nonbinary and has an interesting buddy relationship with Wolverine."

What it so offensive about a non-binary character announcement such as this?

Oh…right…the fact that the character is non-binary to begin with.

The only reason this thread is 18 pages is because of the haters latching onto the Empire article.

And please, educate me…what is the proper way to announce a character’s non-heteronormativity? And does this apply to how non-heteronormative real people should conduct themselves, as well? I think Yogaflame could call this “very colonial” of you, but he’s welcome to chime in.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 03-08-2024 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    https://www.them.us/story/nonbinary-...t-wing-outrage

Technically, this is all old news. Morph’s new nonbinary identity was announced at a San Diego Comic-Con panel in 2022, during which DeMayo used they/them pronouns for the character and stated Morph would be “taking on a new persona” compared to their old characterization.

Why does nobody want to talk about that? They just want to talk about the Empire article which, by the way, has this quote regarding the matter:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-non-binary/

With the shapeshifter Morph, it was revealed that X-Men '97 will feature a "lighter take on the character, who is nonbinary and has an interesting buddy relationship with Wolverine."

What it so offensive about a non-binary character announcement such as this?

Oh…right…the fact that the character is non-binary to begin with.

The only reason this thread is 18 pages is because of the haters latching onto the Empire article.

And please, educate me…what is the proper way to announce a character’s non-heteronormativity? And does this apply to how non-heteronormative real people should conduct themselves, as well? I think Yogaflame could call this “very colonial” of you, but he’s welcome to chime in.
    I didn't say it was offensive.

I understand your emotions are high, but biting like that is exactly why tensions won't calm down.

It's a controversial subject, whether we like it or not. Marvel and Disney should've recognized how controversial this decision is and done more work for their audiences, so we didn't devolve into the heightened emotions you're displaying in that post / in this thread.

Do you find joy and fulfillment in Morph being written as a non-binary character in X-Men 97? I can't tell, because your posts come across like you want to be mad.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I didn't say it was offensive.

I understand your emotions are high, but biting like that is exactly why tensions won't calm down.

It's a controversial subject, whether we like it or not. Marvel and Disney should've recognized how controversial this decision is and done more work for their audiences, so we didn't devolve into the heightened emotions you're displaying in that post / in this thread.

Do you find joy and fulfillment in Morph being written as a non-binary character in X-Men 97? I can't tell, because your posts come across like you want to be mad.
    I’m the mad one, but you’re the one claiming you pay Disney’s salaries and that entitles you to a say-so into how non-heteronormative characters are announced? And you call the matter “gross, immature, and not needed”?

Please. The “why you mad bro” card never works on me.

This announcement would have pissed off all the same people, regardless how it was handled.

And I can’t say I find enjoyment in the fact Morph is non-binary: I haven’t watched the show. I’ve previously stated that I’m intrigued, though.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 03-08-2024 at 01:52 PM.

I didn't say "why you mad bro", and my message didn't imply that sentiment.

You're also putting a whole lot of ME when I say WE. If you're entitled to speak your mind, I'm entitled to speak mine.

And I wildly disagree that the way it was handled doesn't matter. PR exists for that very reason.

I didn't say "why you mad bro", and my message didn't imply that sentiment.

You're also putting a whole lot of ME when I say WE. If you're entitled to speak your mind, I'm entitled to speak mine.

And I wildly disagree that the way it was handled doesn't matter. PR exists for that very reason.
    Can’t take you seriously anymore. Sorry.

You’re welcome to have the last word.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Can’t take you seriously anymore. Sorry.
    It was a genuine question and statement.

But I guess I'll accept your apology, thank you.

Astonishing Member

X-Men is about tolerance. One would expect posters here would be more tolerant of different opinions and beliefs but that's sadly not the case.

None of this would have happened if they put Hellion in the show. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    None of this would have happened if they put Hellion in the show. Just saying.
    He should've gotten his own, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    X-Men is about tolerance. One would expect posters here would be more tolerant of different opinions and beliefs but that's sadly not the case.
    Lol. “You must accept my opinion and why I’m unhappy, but I’ll make no effort to understand why you’re happy” .

I'm looking forward to the show and seeing how things go with Morph. Whether they are non-binary or not isn't something that will affect how I will view the show or character.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Incredible Member

Lets get to the core of this. Everyone is just worried they and Wolverine will hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Lets get to the core of this. Everyone is just worried they and Wolverine will hookup.
    That has never actually crossed mind until right now....
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.