Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I pretty sure most people will call that a form of rape. I'm also pretty sure alot of people are going to run with that comparison to that being the confirmation about Morph. Again this is not the best representation at all.

I also don't thing most people would care if Morph was turned gay, if the showrunners didn't go out of their way to announced it and just let the story speak for itself.
    Most people wouldnt care if Morph was gay? Really? Some are having meltdowns because Morph wont identify as exclusively male or female. They would 1000000% be outraged that they turned a supposedly "straight" character, gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Most people wouldnt care if Morph was gay? Really? Some are having meltdowns because Morph wont identify as exclusively male or female. They would 1000000% be outraged that they turned a supposedly "straight" character, gay.
    No one cared when Halo on Young Justice came out. Why? Because the story spoke for itself and the writers didn't treat it as a sideshow.

I can't speak for everyone but I know I don't want people to think that moment where Morph was trying to hurt his closes friend in they worst way possible proves that he was always non-binary. Disney really needs to tell the people running the show to Stfu. They are not helping things at all.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

No one cared when Halo on Young Justice came out. Why? Because the story spoke for itself and the writers didn't treat it as a sideshow.

I can't speak for everyone but I know I don't want people to think that moment where Morph was trying to hurt his closes friend in they worst way possible proves that he was always non-binary. Disney really needs to tell the people running the show to Stfu. They are not helping things at all.
    There were plenty of people outraged over YJ. It was being called "woke" left, right, and center.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    There were plenty of people outraged over YJ. It was being called "woke" left, right, and center.
    Specifically Halo.

Season 4 in particularly got backlash because the quality dropped of in several areas, from animation to story telling.

But hey... lets just watch how that article plays out. My money is on that line about Morph and Wolverine is going to cause a big fuss about Rape. I hope I'm wrong but that was probably the dumbest thing that guy could have said to try to help the change of the character.

In other news this is pretty cool
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-15-2024 at 05:26 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Incredible Member

Specifically Halo.

Season 4 in particularly got backlash because the quality dropped of in several areas, from animation to story telling.

But hey... lets just watch how that article plays out. My money is on that line about Morph and Wolverine is going to cause a big fuss about Rape. I hope I'm wrong but that was probably the dumbest thing that guy could have said to try to help the change of the character.

I said it towards the very beginging of this thread..... People dont care that Morph is nonbinary, they are just worried they and Wolverine will get together.

Specifically Halo.

They got backlash for having gay characters, having bi character. Kaldur having a boyfriend and kissing said boyfriend sent plenty into a frenzy.

I had a whole post about Shapeshifters being pigeon holed as LGBTQIA+ characters

and then went on to talk about how their true forms end up being not normal/monstrous

and then went on to say/imply how they are often portrayed by evil or associated with negative characters in comics

and then the creators come out to use Morph's manic episode where they state that he lies to his closest friend by sexually manipulating him in the guise of the women that Wolverine loves as proof that Morph was always non-binary, when that is not even what non-binary means, and we are going to justify that by... "well people would be mad anyway".

Ooook....

Here is the episode in question btw

The creator embellished the scene a little bit. It's hard to even tell if Morph was going in for a kiss or not but most people aren't going to go back and watch the episode. So Morph is now is going to be seen as the Creepy X-Man who came on to his friend...who also just so happens to be the most popular X-Man.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-15-2024 at 06:20 PM.

I'm having a genuine issue with this. People using that scene as an example of the character being non-binary is not okay with me. This is a scene about severe mental illness, not about gender.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I'm having a genuine issue with this. People using that scene as an example of the character being non-binary is not okay with me. This is a scene about severe mental illness, not about gender.
    BINGO! Most of Morph in that series was the Sinister controlled version... and that wasn't traditional mind control that was using a cybernetic implant to create a fake personality or something weird like that.

So, now it seems rather possible that Morph is not going to be the most controversial character in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveGorn View Post
    So, now it seems rather possible that Morph is not going to be the most controversial character in this series.
    Oooh who is it ? Spoil me pleaaaase !

Yeah, I'm genuinely confused, if you mean it's about someone's gender identity or sexuality.

Regardless, Morph was fun. Can't say I loved the voice actor they cast yet, something felt a little off? But I felt they utilized Morph really well, even in such a small role.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Yeah, I'm genuinely confused, if you mean it's about someone's gender identity or sexuality.

Regardless, Morph was fun. Can't say I loved the voice actor they cast yet, something felt a little off? But I felt they utilized Morph really well, even in such a small role.
    I agree on everything you said. Especially the voice actor… hope I get use to it

So…. now that this show is out, when are they going to resurrect Kevin in the comics?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So…. now that this show is out, when are they going to resurrect Kevin in the comics?
    I was sure he was going to be on the Uncanny team until Gail said they weren't discussing the tv show when planning the books.