Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Why do some people keep bringing up Northstar or Iceman as if gay and non-binary people are interchangeable?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It's stupid. Morph was clearly a guy. As were the comic versions he was based on. Characters of different types aren't a problem at all. No one would care if Northstar were given a prominent role in the series. The problem is changing random established character to pander. And then gaslighting fans like people do with Iceman. Anyone who has read a good portion of his portrayal in comics knows that he was straight and liked women sincerely.
    Yup, from my recollection he was a horndog in the comics. Plus this is supposed to be continuation from the animation series back in the 90's. Doesn't really fit the time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    We pretend to be something we're not until we're ready.
    There's mountains of evidence showing he wasn't pretending. I can think off the top of my head when Lorelei's powers only worked on the men. It shouldn't work on men who aren't attracted to women. Or how Infectia seduced him. Wouldn't have worked if he were pretending. Though I doubt people arguing this even know about those because they would rather project themselves onto characters. And a bunch of nuts on the internet can have opinions that are clearly wrong. I mean look at the white nationalism on the shadier parts of the internet. And I could say Northstar is secretly straight despite the evidence. I'd be wrong.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Why do some people keep bringing up Northstar or Iceman as if gay and non-binary people are interchangeable?
    The reactions from the public have been pretty similar.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Even if Morph is attracted to men in the series, how is this a problem? Exiles Morph is a separate character from the cartoon version, who never displayed any attraction to anyone. Also, Exiles had a gay version of Beast

Even if Morph is attracted to men in the series, how is this a problem? Exiles Morph is a separate character from the cartoon version, who never displayed any attraction to anyone. Also, Exiles had a gay version of Beast
    Exiles also had a Mimic who had Wolverine powers, which was different than 616 Mimic. So we should think of all the 616 Mimic fans and mourn their loss for the changes to their favorite character.

All-New Member

For the record, as a huge Beast fan who hates all this villain bs that 616 has been saddled with, I'd give everything I have to get more stories with gay Exiles Beast. Or just, ya know, make 616 the true bi-Beast he was always meant to be (once they get rid of the villain version).

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It's stupid. Morph was clearly a guy. As were the comic versions he was based on. Characters of different types aren't a problem at all. No one would care if Northstar were given a prominent role in the series. The problem is changing random established character to pander. And then gaslighting fans like people do with Iceman. Anyone who has read a good portion of his portrayal in comics knows that he was straight and liked women sincerely.
    Yep, this. Doesn't really make much sense to rage about someone for disliking how a beloved character got changed. And yet.... yeah... loads of that in this thread. :/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yep, this. Doesn't really make much sense to rage about someone for disliking how a beloved character got changed. And yet.... yeah... loads of that in this thread. :/
    There’s only a few people raging…and it’s the ones not answering the questions being asked of them.

Consider this: Morph hasn’t had an appreciation thread on this forum since 2020. Yet this thread exists.

Now ask yourself: why does this thread exist?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 03-02-2024 at 09:43 AM.

There not answering your questions because your not interested in actually talking and coming to some form of common understanding.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    There not answering your questions because your not interested in actually talking and coming to some form of common understanding.
    Believe me, I am very interested in the answers to the questions I’ve asked.

But here’s your common understanding: you don’t like something. I’m OK with that thing; not my favorite, but color me intrigued. There. Understood?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Believe me, I am very interested in the answers to the questions I’ve asked.

But here’s your common understanding: you don’t like something. I’m OK with that thing; not my favorite, but color me intrigued. There. Understood?
    And there’s your “problem” you’re interested in you. Achieving your goal in what you seem to think is some argument where a winner will be announced.

You’re not interested in having a discussion, that involves others, talking about the character and the going’s on the show. You can tell that in how you’re choosing to respond back. You know..boarding disrespectful but not to the point of getting you in “trouble” on the board.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

And there’s your “problem” you’re interested in you. Achieving your goal in what you seem to think is some argument where a winner will be announced.

You’re not interested in having a discussion, that involves others, talking about the character and the going’s on the show. You can tell that in how you’re choosing to respond back. You know..boarding disrespectful but not to the point of getting you in “trouble” on the board.
    No winner has to be announced. X-Men ‘97 Morph is non-binary. Nothing either you or I do or say can change that.

And again focusing on the wrong thing. Find a post where I ever said Morph should not be non-binary?

This whole thread got started because of the explanation of how it was handled. And why Shapshifters seem to be prime targets for this form of inclusion. I personally said they should have waited until the show came out and focused on the story when promoting.

So your question of why certain people aren’t responding back to you is answered. Because you are more interested in the argument then you are in the discussion.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-02-2024 at 10:18 AM.

And again focusing on the wrong thing. Find a post where I ever said Morph should not be non-binary?
    You want the most explicit examples?

Post #46.

Post #70.

Post #76.

Post #103

Post #111

Post #115

Post #150.

Post #153.

This whole thread got started because of the explanation of how it was handled. And why Shapshifters seem to be prime targets for this form of inclusion. I personally said they should have waited until the show came out and focused on the story when promoting.
    I'll remind you why the thread got started: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6731483. You got involved a bit later.

So your question of why certain people aren’t responding back to you is answered. Because you are more interested in the argument then you are in the discussion.
    You and others are responding to me; that's not in question. It's when I ask questions that call out people's BS (like the "But Morphs was always straaaaaaaiiiiiight") reasoning that they go quiet on. Hm...