Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

"We asked a bunch of 9 year olds who their favorite character was and Morph won by a landslide."

Exactly why it bothers me so much when people say there were no Morph fans, or no on cared about the character before. Bold and ignorant. Glad to see this interview.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I loved Morph as a kid, and to be honest, he stood out to me more in the series than Jean did. It wasn't until Evolution that I really understood Jean as a main member of the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    "We asked a bunch of 9 year olds who their favorite character was and Morph won by a landslide."

Exactly why it bothers me so much when people say there were no Morph fans, or no on cared about the character before. Bold and ignorant. Glad to see this interview.
    oh yeah back in the 90s when it was new Morph's tragic story was one of the most emotional moments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I loved Morph as a kid, and to be honest, he stood out to me more in the series than Jean did. It wasn't until Evolution that I really understood Jean as a main member of the X-men.
    Talking about Evolution.

One has to wonder how many viewers back then actualy did like Spyke, but just didn't signal it and were disapointed to see him go?

Like if Evolution would get the same "27 years later sequel season" treatment, would there suddently be a lot of people proclaiming how he was their favorit and hope to see him return to the team?

Admittedly, doubtfull though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post

Yeah, I adored Morph as a kid and was jazzed when they appeared in AoA and Exiles. I was so excited when they returned to the team in the finale. So, yeah, having Morph in the new show is a huge deal for me. I wish they had more screentime.

I don't believe anyone said Morph didn't have fans. I'm certain most people here understand the concept that if even 2 people like a thing, that thing has fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong with a quote or a post # link, though.

I do believe that some of the people clamoring about Morph's enby status got confused for being Morph fans, though.

And anyways...much ado about nothing so far anyway.

It's kind of weird to see some people posting in this thread easily dismiss characters other people like, though. Kind of a...pot and kettle situation I'd say.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 04-17-2024 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, I adored Morph as a kid and was jazzed when they appeared in AoA and Exiles. I was so excited when they returned to the team in the finale. So, yeah, having Morph in the new show is a huge deal for me. I wish they had more screentime.
    This is the exact reason why I picked up Exiles for the first time. If Morph would have never appeared in X-Men the Animated series I would have never tried that book. And would have never got to enjoy Exlies Morph and Mimic. Two characters that I LOVE and I had to watch reruns of the show. Not even old enough to see the show when it first aired.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This is the exact reason why I picked up Exiles for the first time. If Morph would have never appeared in X-Men the Animated series I would have never tried that book. And would have never got to enjoy Exlies Morph and Mimic. Two characters that I LOVE and I had to watch reruns of the show. Not even old enough to see the show when it first aired.
    YES!!!!

That arc with "the big M" was insane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yep! I didn't know Morph was based on Changeling when I saw the show back in the day, just that they were funny and cool. So seeing a version of Morph in the comics after that, especially when Exiles came out, was really exciting. I wish they'd put out Epic Collections of Exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Talking about Evolution.

One has to wonder how many viewers back then actualy did like Spyke, but just didn't signal it and were disapointed to see him go?

Like if Evolution would get the same "27 years later sequel season" treatment, would there suddently be a lot of people proclaiming how he was their favorit and hope to see him return to the team?

Admittedly, doubtfull though.
    I would be jazzed. For context sake, I discovered Evolution and Spyke before Synch in the comics and found Everett to be more appealing than Evan once I finally got around to Gen X. But more to your point, claiming "2000s kids hated Spyke" would be as inaccurate as saying "90s kids hated Morph".

Now folks keep saying that POC should have their own characters instead of racebending or taking on alter egos previously established by white characters, so where is the Spyke acceptance? He would have been popular if he had been treated with the same care and respect as Miles Morales. It happened with comics characters too with the virulent hate towards a character with great potential like Neal Shaara, just for daring to be South Asian representation who was not a loser and whom Betsy had the hots for. People keep making up all kinds of reasons to decrease the number of minority characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I would be jazzed. For context sake, I discovered Evolution and Spyke before Synch in the comics and found Everett to be more appealing than Evan once I finally got around to Gen X. But more to your point, claiming "2000s kids hated Spyke" would be as inaccurate as saying "90s kids hated Morph".

Now folks keep saying that POC should have their own characters instead of racebending or taking on alter egos previously established by white characters, so where is the Spyke acceptance? He would have been popular if he had been treated with the same care and respect as Miles Morales. It happened with comics characters too with the virulent hate towards a character with great potential like Neal Shaara, just for daring to be South Asian representation who was not a loser and whom Betsy had the hots for. People keep making up all kinds of reasons to decrease the number of minority characters.
    No idea what your'e talking about. I loved Neal Shaara... the question is if EDITORIAL loved him.

and we all saw what Editorial decided to do to Karima Shapandar.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    No idea what your'e talking about. I loved Neal Shaara... the question is if EDITORIAL loved him.

and we all saw what Editorial decided to do to Karima Shapandar.
    "No idea what you're talking about" and goes on to make my point

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    "No idea what you're talking about" and goes on to make my point
    You talked about "virulent hate"... but I never saw that in FAN reactions.... and I don't really know what editorial thought, so... yeah... Virulent hate not found. Editorial decided to memory hole that arc for some reason though.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    You talked about "virulent hate"... but I never saw that in FAN reactions....
    I was about to share receipts but... interestingly, some articles, even by CBR like this one, which originally had Neal slander AND fan comments hating on him, have been edited to remove such slander. Though I suppose you could always ask Brian Cronin for his opinion.

At least I found this snotty Buzzfeed article

Poor Neal Shaara! He's so dull he doesn't even get to have a unique codename. How sad is it to be the second-best Thunderbird when no one really liked the first one?
    As for Editorial and Marvel hired writers, I had at least heard of Rick Remender hating on him. (If someone can pull up a direct quote, please do share). Not surprised that the white men were pressed, especially in the 2000s/early 2010s when even a super popular character like Bishop couldn't escape horrific character assassination.

ETA: I went on Twitter to see the opinion on Neal AND Spyke and it makes them seem like absolutely beloved characters who fans have been missing since childhood. So... there. The only reason not to bring them back is racism.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-18-2024 at 12:13 PM.

That might be the first time I have seen it suggested that NOT having a black kid on a skateboard is racist.
    Dark does not mean deep.