Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Been a little busy this week but at some point I want to make a few comments on morph’s characterization and use of powers in the show. But until then here is a few of his dope scenes

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

So...

Exactly when will all of the unnecessary "Controversy..." result in this getting cancelled?

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...y-plus-record/

X-Men '97 Sets New Disney+ Record
    X-Men '97 is a hit with the masses. According to Disney+, over four million people tuned into the premiere of X-Men '97 during its first five days on Disney+, setting a new benchmark for the streaming. Those stats, according to Disney, mean X-Men '97 is now the most-watched animated premiere since 2021's What If...? Season One premiere from Marvel Studios.

I'm sure the posters that were clutching their pearls will be here any minute to admit they were wrong. Any minute now...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

i feel like this should be a non issue and just used to cause backlash. I read an interview from the voice actor saying they’ll never even say non binary in the show cuss it’s not a term in 97. plenty of X-MEN who are of all different backgrounds this is why blackballing X-MEN from the mainstream minus FOX-MEN has hurt genre.

the world needs the X-MEN!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So...

Exactly when will all of the unnecessary "Controversy..." result in this getting cancelled?

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...y-plus-record/
    Lol screw the nontroversy. We need to make a big deal about how the merry mutants are coming to Mickey's rescue after a decade of being compleXed. Protecting those who fear and hate them indeed.

Definition of You can never keep a good thing down

It's all basically on pause until the show addresses it, I think.

97 did a great job with Morph so far. As a huge Exiles fan, I can't express how awesome it feels to see a relatively similar iteration shown on screen. Definitely still in TAS fashion, but more similar to the Exiles version than the 616/TAS92 version.

I do think they owe the audience an explanation for Morph's appearance change. And I think that is coming. I think everyone's just sorta holding their breath for it.

I just hope everything is treated really respectfully to old and new fans, because Morph was hella fun in the episodes we've seen so far. Not in love with the voice choice for some reason, but I'm hoping his voice will grow on me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE JP, I just... the voice adds to this Morph presenting as a completely different character than the 92 iteration. And it's not fair to just cry "shapeshifter"...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

While '97 has been well received by viewers/critics and is Disney+'s best for original animation debuts, it should be noted that in comparison to other shows, live action shows, etc, the numbers are really only medium. The way views and such are measured for streaming is weird, and it will take some time to really get a sense of the show's success. So, yes, it's been well received, we as fans might really like it, it has brought X-Men back into the conversation among regulars again, but there's still quite a bit of room for improvement.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-26-2024 at 05:40 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

23 pages and literally Morphs pronouns only come up in the small blurb in the ending character profile and exactly one time in the actual show

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    23 pages and literally Morphs pronouns only come up in the small blurb in the ending character profile and exactly one time in the actual show
    Nothing wrong with 23 pages of people sharing their opinions about a very rare moment, if not outright historic moment, in animation. No reason to minimize it just because the very first 2 episodes of a serial show didn't address it immediately.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol screw the nontroversy. We need to make a big deal about how the merry mutants are coming to Mickey's rescue after a decade of being compleXed. Protecting those who fear and hate them indeed.

Definition of You can never keep a good thing down
    Nothing complex-their film rights were at the mercy of Fox. So with film rights comes a ton of restrictions for Disney.

Now that they have full ownership-something like this can be done.

When the numbers for the later episodes come out BUT that won't stop season 2 from being made. So any talks of axing the show now can't happen any time in the next 2-3 years.

Unlike with the Gators where they tend to hold comic book stores hostage-you can't hold Disney+ hostage.

You can't verbally abuse folks who watch Disney+ like you can someone in a store to NOT buy a product.

You can't stop the stream NOR the eventually DVDs and Blu Rays that you can't stop Target or Wal-Mart from selling online or stop any school district or library from buying them.

So once again the PUBLIC continues to educate comic book gatekeepers that EVERTHING has an audience. SHOULD have learned that lesson when Antman got his first hit movie.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Nothing wrong with 23 pages of people sharing their opinions about a very rare moment, if not outright historic moment, in animation. No reason to minimize it just because the very first 2 episodes of a serial show didn't address it immediately.
    Right

To add the show doesn’t need to address it at all really. The issue was causing the controversy in the first place. Truth of the matter is no one really cares who people want to bang or what gender they choose to an identify as in a medium meant for action and adventure. They want good content, that’s it. When you open pandora box before the show comes out so you can score brownie points you potentially disengage and audience you could have had.

Also, the immature taunting of how “successful” the show is goes into exactly why people are tired of the pandering and the general BS of those types of spoilers. No wants the show to be unsuccessful and no one wanted Morph to be a “bad” character. The reason this thread is so long is because people actually did care and wanted it to be good.

It’s also like you said still very early. The ball could be dropped. Fingers crossed that isn’t the case and we can just continue to talk about how cool Morph is in the OG show and the current version.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I just hope everything is treated really respectfully to old and new fans, because Morph was hella fun in the episodes we've seen so far. Not in love with the voice choice for some reason, but I'm hoping his voice will grow on me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE JP, I just... the voice adds to this Morph presenting as a completely different character than the 92 iteration. And it's not fair to just cry "shapeshifter"...
    I also miss the other voice actor. Morph sorta just sounds …off…hard to explain. But at least the story ,so far, has been good enough to override the awkwardness of it.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-27-2024 at 03:30 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

spoilers:
    Morph goin' right for the killshot to Gambit's ego with the "wow Rogue's really training her stamina with the new boss"
    end of spoilers

More Morph Shapeshifting scenes…SPOILERS

The fact that this "controversy" has died down just shows the strength of the shoulders that the loudest arguments rested on. I suppose there will be an uptick once at least one character in the show uses they/them pronouns directed at a singular Morph.

And the "taunting" of the success of the show explicitly high-lights the fact that the X-Men has enough good qualities that a "controversially" non-binary character wasn't going to kill the show; not that I'm implying a non-binary character would be a bad quality, no...that would be the naysayers doing that.

It's also telling that when one character is announced to be pregnant, no one cares about the sex, gender, or sexual orientation or anyone in that situation. But as soon as a character is revealed to be non-binary (with very little fanfare about the topic), suddenly everyone up in arms about the last LGBTQIA+ issue comes out of the woodwork about having something shoved in their faces.

The handling of The Executioner was not subtle. And makes a far bolder statement than having a non-binary character does. It just went over the heads of the ones that would have hated it had they realized it for what it was because there's no trigger word to set them off.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 03-30-2024 at 12:36 AM.

Essh talk about a spiteful thread kill lol

Anyway, Morph has been absent these last few episodes but I wanted to post this!

It talks about how Morphs death effected the whole series! Unimportant character my behind
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-17-2024 at 05:09 AM.