Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

They over-complicate the stories. Look at Ant Man. 1st movie - Heist. 2nd movie - fugitive. 3rd movie - fighting Kang and his army to prevent them from coming out of the Quantum Realm to take over the world.

DC had the same issue with WW84. If they got rid of the the Maxwell Lord / Wish Stone crap and Diana wishing Steve back and just focused on WW vs Cheetah they could have had a winner.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    My issue is that the Bad Guys always seem to die...
    I only felt bad when Ultron and Killmonger died.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If there are multiple members that you cannot even remember by name...
    In cases like this, nostalgia is a barnacle that needs to be cleaned off.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    I must say it's strange to say the movies are worse for removing themselves from the source material, but the examples you have brought up such as Aladna or the Wrecking Crew being jobbers aren't removed from the source material.

Aladna is from the Kelly Sue DeConnick run of Captain Marvel and the Wrecking Crew being jobbers who are treated jokes is essentially their entire gimmicks as characters.
    If The Wrecker was accurately portrayed, he wouldn't be nothing to laugh at, neither would The Wrecking Crew. With his crowbar, he could open up dimensional portals, teleport, siphon off energy, energy projection, control opponents that touch the crowbar, etc. He wasn't just a superstrong thug, but the writers these days don't do their homework. It was because of The Wrecker, that his crewmates got their powers.
    Last edited by Alpha Male; 03-22-2024 at 04:43 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    As an older reader, I've waited decades for something like this.

So my perspective is kinder, as it least it was something, we say.

I mostly would have wanted the Avengers to form around the original characters, meaning Widow and Hawkeye would be out and Ant Man & the Wasp should have been there, preferably the Pym/Van Dyne versions.
    In the original draft for The Avengers, Antman and The Wasp were included in it. They were removed on the insistence of the producers of Ant Man who wanted to use Pym and Dyne in a standalone movie.

Fantastic Member

Bingo! That's my complaint too! You don't have to kill off the villains. Here's a thought. How about if they got away or of they were captured?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    more villains with bite are needed. They don't have to have a personal, family connection the hero(es), however. That angle has been overplayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Bingo! That's my complaint too! You don't have to kill off the villains. Here's a thought. How about if they got away or of they were captured?
    Then they fail to properly use still viable villains: see Baron Zemo's non-participation in THUNDERBOLTS
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-20-2024 at 06:09 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

Major issue...the synergy Marvel tries to create in the comics. Let the comics and movies be their own things.

This is a big one. Let them survive and get captured...or even escape.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?