Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love a Shang-Chi cartoon modernizing and adapting Masters of Kung-Fu.

There's probably no rush for another Avengers game.
    Why not make a Ultimate Alliance 4 with the phase 4-5 characters? I mean Ultimate Alliance 3 was basically a cash-in on Infinity War/Endgame with the Black Order. The way current MCU marketing is going is reminding me of the problems of WWE not being able to make new stars in wrestling. You have to put these characters out there. It's no wonder Secret Wars is sounding like it's going to be nothing but a nostalgia ride. We shouldn't underestimate the power of outside media influence. It was legendary shows like Batman the animated series that made me beg my parents to go see movies like Batman and Robin in theaters as a kid. Not saying that's the kind of movies we should be getting though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The problem with What If is that they ask very dull questions. Some are exciting but others feel like questions no one would ever ask or want to know the answer to.
    To your point, Happy Hogan becoming a Hulk to save Christmas....??? Da heck are we doing. Watching that felt like a bad trip.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    To your point, Happy Hogan becoming a Hulk to save Christmas....??? Da heck are we doing. Watching that felt like a bad trip.
    That's because that's not the real question of that episode. The episode is addressing one of the greatest never-ending cinematic discussions: is Die Hard a Christmas movie or not? Humorously, the MCU says: "yes, it is".

Of course, I'm sure that you got all the Die Hard references of that episode, and didn't need the scene where they explicitly tell the audience that this was a Die Hard parody, right? Because you have seen Die Hard, right?? If not, stop whatever you are doing now, and go to see that gem of the seventh art.

MCU might have been better off by taking an extended break after No Way Home. It was a nice wrap-up to the Infinity Saga that people had followed for a decade, and I don't think it was the right time to start a new saga with a bunch of new characters. People were already complaining about the number of superhero movies while the MCU was peaking. I don't know how long it would've taken for the masses to start missing these movies and create a sense of demand, but putting out stuff nobody was really in the mood for probably has made things worse. Even the successful movies made a lot less than previous entries.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Why not make a Ultimate Alliance 4 with the phase 4-5 characters? I mean Ultimate Alliance 3 was basically a cash-in on Infinity War/Endgame with the Black Order. The way current MCU marketing is going is reminding me of the problems of WWE not being able to make new stars in wrestling. You have to put these characters out there. It's no wonder Secret Wars is sounding like it's going to be nothing but a nostalgia ride. We shouldn't underestimate the power of outside media influence. It was legendary shows like Batman the animated series that made me beg my parents to go see movies like Batman and Robin in theaters as a kid. Not saying that's the kind of movies we should be getting though lol.
    Huh? WWE has Rhea, Gunther, Biancia, Iyo, and other new faces.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    MCU might have been better off by taking an extended break after No Way Home. It was a nice wrap-up to the Infinity Saga that people had followed for a decade, and I don't think it was the right time to start a new saga with a bunch of new characters. People were already complaining about the number of superhero movies while the MCU was peaking. I don't know how long it would've taken for the masses to start missing these movies and create a sense of demand, but putting out stuff nobody was really in the mood for probably has made things worse. Even the successful movies made a lot less than previous entries.
    I was hoping with Blade that they were going back to more personal stories instead of trying to speed run Kang.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

one of the few problems with the Marvel Comics movie universe is that the Michelle MJ character being all woke or whatever where she kept coming up with these conspiracy theories that every monument was built by slaves. That got real annoying with Far From Home. it was like they were repeating that annoying joke from Homecoming

Amazing Member

For me it is the overuse of humor, I really do not like the humor and I wish that they turned it down a little bit. I also wish that the movies took more from the comics in reagrds to some obscure characters. If they can make Guardians of the Galaxy good, why not try out other heroes and villains?

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    one of the few problems with the Marvel Comics movie universe is that the Michelle MJ character being all woke or whatever where she kept coming up with these conspiracy theories that every monument was built by slaves. That got real annoying with Far From Home. it was like they were repeating that annoying joke from Homecoming

First of all you may want to learn what the real term of woke is. Woke is a word created by black people for black people to be alert of the injustice they still have to face in a country that was built on the genocide of native americans, 245 years of chattel slavery and 150 years of Jim Crow.

It is offensive when ignorant white people like you, use an african american term in the wrong way and then claim you are offended. WTF??

Lastly, the MJ character saying monuments were built by slaves should not offend anyone. you did not own any slave, so why are you offended when slave owners are called out for their inhumane act?

I do not get offended with jews who always remind me of why a holocaust memorial was built when they see one.

if you are annoyed by a black character reminding people that statutes were built by slaves and calling it ''woke'', Congratulations for exposing yourself as a closeted racist.

Fantastic Member

Too much comedy and corny jokes. I understand it's Disney and they want to cater to families but each superhero film needs to have their own tone and style. Also, there was no long term plan as it pertained to the Avengers. They didn't set up any subplots or other characters such as villains to come into their story. If I was to do Avengers, Loki would have Enchantress and Executioner as henchmen. It sucks we may never get to see a Masters of Evil on screen.

Lastly, they didn't leave space for other heroes to become members. It would've been nice if the Netflix shows were connected as I could definitely see Luke Cage as a member of the team (or least a reserve member).
    Last edited by Alpha Male; 03-09-2024 at 06:59 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    My feeling is that every MCU project that does well tries to do something different. Captain America was a 1940s pulp adventure; the second movie was a conspiracy thriller. WandaVision was a mix of black comedy satire and surreal horror. When they try to be interesting and fresh it usually works better IMHO.
    They should do more of that. I also like to see more earthbound stories and less outer space and interdimensional ones.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The big bombastic Sci-Fi/Outer Space multi-episodes epics are tired and formulaic. And I think that's because they do a very poor job of adapting comic book stories, for the most part. They try to stay true to text but a lot is usually lost in translation, left out, or just misconceived. It would be interesting to see if the writers can actually take the essence of more Earthbound stories (I agree wholly with AM above) and recontextualise them in very original ways.

And they seem only interested in retelling decades-old stories. Something more modern would be nice.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-09-2024 at 09:03 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Honestly? It's mostly middle aged gatekeeper dudes who throw a tantrum when not everything's about them.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The big bombastic Sci-Fi/Outer Space multi-episodes epics are tired and formulaic. And I think that's because they do a very poor job of adapting comic book stories, for the most part. They try to stay true to text but a lot is usually lost in translation, left out, or just misconceived. It would be interesting to see if the writers can actually take the essence of more Earthbound stories (I agree wholly with AM above) and recontextualise them in very original ways.

And they seem only interested in retelling decades-old stories. Something more modern would be nice.
    The only movies that take place in space, are the Guardians, Thor, Captain Marvel and the last two Avengers movies, and adapting these characters and stories without going to space is quite literally impossible, and in the case of things like the first Captain Marvel and Thor most of the runtime was spent on Earth.

Majority of movies in the MCU still take place on Earth, so this doesn't even make sense to say, and cosmic side of Marvel is a big part of the franchise ignoring it doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Has Marvel produced any story worth of the big screen in the last decade? I can only think of Krakoa, and I'm not sure if that would work as a way to introduce the mutants to the MCU...