Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

LOl. ok whatever dude. You're the one that's racist for thinking what I said was "racist"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    First of all you may want to learn what the real term of woke is. Woke is a word created by black people for black people to be alert of the injustice they still have to face in a country that was built on the genocide of native americans, 245 years of chattel slavery and 150 years of Jim Crow.

It is offensive when ignorant white people like you, use an african american term in the wrong way and then claim you are offended. WTF??

Lastly, the MJ character saying monuments were built by slaves should not offend anyone. you did not own any slave, so why are you offended when slave owners are called out for their inhumane act?

I do not get offended with jews who always remind me of why a holocaust memorial was built when they see one.

if you are annoyed by a black character reminding people that statutes were built by slaves and calling it ''woke'', Congratulations for exposing yourself as a closeted racist.

BANNED

The Michelle character was an annoying twit who acted all emo gothy. I think Peter was better off trying to hook up with Vulture's spoiled rich daughter.

another problem with the Marvel Comics movies universe is the lame goofy Guardians of the Galaxy team where they fight with each other all the damn time. THats not the team I grew up with back then.

The Guardians of the Galaxy that I grew up with were characaters from Charlie to the crystal guy, the other guy that was carrying around a Captain America shield and someone that looked like Ghost Rider

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    The Michelle character was an annoying twit who acted all emo gothy. I think Peter was better off trying to hook up with Vulture's spoiled rich daughter.

another problem with the Marvel Comics movies universe is the lame goofy Guardians of the Galaxy team where they fight with each other all the damn time. THats not the team I grew up with back then.

The Guardians of the Galaxy that I grew up with were characaters from Charlie to the crystal guy, the other guy that was carrying around a Captain America shield and someone that looked like Ghost Rider
    If there are multiple members that you cannot even remember by name...

Is it actually much of a big deal that they did not go with the team you grew up with?

Extraordinary Member

This should help.

th(140).jpg
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Is it actually much of a big deal that they did not go with the team you grew up with?
    For some folks it is.

And to be honest I would look at the company more than some fans depending on who we are talking about.

I am sure no working on the comics expected their stories to sniff a full on adaptation for a movie or show.

An adaptation maybe but not someone looking at their story and going all out for it to match.

I remember Dwayne McDuffie said that would be impossible to do with a comic book even with CGI. There would have to be stuff changed or altered.

Some folks want the team they read in the past to be the same team that is on the screen. Especially when we are talking MONEY.

When we look at some of these stories-WHO was generally excluded or in the background of the stories?

Sounds like the Valentino era GUARDIANS from Vol 1 of their ongoing...

and
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This should help.

th(140).jpg
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Has Marvel produced any story worth of the big screen in the last decade? I can only think of Krakoa, and I'm not sure if that would work as a way to introduce the mutants to the MCU...
    I was hard pressed to think of ANY big scale/crossover stories from Marvel in the last 10 years. The official Marvel list of Events provided little help...Anyone have a any storylines come to mind? Did they scale back on crossovers after overdosing readers with them for so long that much?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    First of all you may want to learn what the real term of woke is. Woke is a word created by black people for black people to be alert of the injustice they still have to face in a country that was built on the genocide of native americans, 245 years of chattel slavery and 150 years of Jim Crow.

It is offensive when ignorant white people like you, use an african american term in the wrong way and then claim you are offended. WTF??

Lastly, the MJ character saying monuments were built by slaves should not offend anyone. you did not own any slave, so why are you offended when slave owners are called out for their inhumane act?

I do not get offended with jews who always remind me of why a holocaust memorial was built when they see one.

if you are annoyed by a black character reminding people that statutes were built by slaves and calling it ''woke'', Congratulations for exposing yourself as a closeted racist.
    Well...Zamn!

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The problem with What If is that they ask very dull questions. Some are exciting but others feel like questions no one would ever ask or want to know the answer to.
    Soooo Zzzull
    GrindrStone(D)

more villains with bite are needed. They don't have to have a personal, family connection the hero(es), however. That angle has been overplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    more villains with bite are needed. They don't have to have a personal, family connection the hero(es), however. That angle has been overplayed.
    How would you define bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
    How would you define bite?
    charismatic and not wantonly murderous. Surviving until another movie without being a big deal "mastermind/Big Bad".

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    The only movies that take place in space, are the Guardians, Thor, Captain Marvel and the last two Avengers movies, and adapting these characters and stories without going to space is quite literally impossible, and in the case of things like the first Captain Marvel and Thor most of the runtime was spent on Earth.

Majority of movies in the MCU still take place on Earth, so this doesn't even make sense to say, and cosmic side of Marvel is a big part of the franchise ignoring it doesn't make any sense.
    The GOTG make sense but with the others (if you read the books) there time was split between Earth and Outer Space. I get that these days Thor, CM aren't as earthbound as the old days, but at the same time not every threat needs to be intergalactic or interdimensional. What about something that's localized? What about costumed criminals or criminals that use incredible arsenal or armory? You could've gotten the same impact if Thor fought Dario Aggar aka Minotaur or Carol took on Nitro or Moonstone. To each his own but I just don't think every threat they face should be off in space or intergalactic.

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed the first movie. Very entertaining, but not something I wanted more of. Had they followed the comic books more closely, I think they would have produced better movies -- instead of the fluff they ended up being. Could barely keep awake watching 2 (streamed it on Netflix), and don't know if I'll ever see 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    charismatic and not wantonly murderous. Surviving until another movie without being a big deal "mastermind/Big Bad".
    Also, nnot being an evil version of the hero. That angle is also overplayed.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

My issue is that the Bad Guys always seem to die...