The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Is DC ripping off Section 31?

I was thinking after reading War on Earth 3 & some things I have seen from the Suicide Squad books that DC may have taken advantage of the writers strike that has delayed the Section 31 movie from Paramount.
    Since DC has Amanda Waller recruiting operatives from Parallel Earths like Section 31 recruited an operative from the Mirror Universe from Star Trek just food 4 thought.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

No I don't believe so, and that's because DC has always had shady intelligence agencies, and that's not from Star Trek, that's based on our own world and the United States' deeply nefarious intelligence state. Section 31 is meant to be in direct contrast to the views of the Federation, i.e. what if this organization whom we know is largely benevolent actually harbored some dark secrets and had an intelligence agency performing less-than-ethical operations in secret? It's supposed to challenge the implications of Roddenberry's vision. Amanda Waller having an agency and recruiting powerful operatives is another Tuesday for her.

Now, if it were SUPERMAN who was operating a secret intelligence agency and was recruiting people like that, it would be a lot closer to Section 31.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

I would doubt it's a ripoff of that, what with Multiverses and parallel universes being all the rage. And with Suicide Squad, they've always been timid about using any real recognizable characters as cannon-fodder and alternate universe characters seem ripe for the plucking in that sense.

Astonishing Member

One day, I think we'll learn what was going on with War For Earth 3... Because surely that can't have been what anyone involved set out to accomplish.

Yeah, DC did it first I would say.

Feels more like they are ripping off Dark Reign in my opinion.