Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It is. You can see Jackpot’s stripes(horrendous as they are) on her pants to the left of Felicia. So it’s probably from the upcoming Jackpot&Black Cat mini.
    Thanks for the info.

Had to look the character up (name rang the bell as one of those many post OMD creations that faded into obscurity). Oh dear. That feels like one of those "throw stuff at the wall" ideas that will not stick, but instead slowly slide down and remain on the floor for a while starting to stink because nobody wants to be the one who cleans it up.

So it doesn't seem like that potential mini will be one for the longterm memories of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope those are not the actual costumes. I kind of like Kitty's, but they all need some adjustments to truly work. Emma's is my least favorite. Storm has already been caught in X-men '97 synergy with the hair.
    I also wonder if Rich thinks Kitty and Rogue are leading just because they're both at the front? Or does he have some more inside info?
    Promotional images or splash pages like that do have a tendency to not reflect the final version. Just like the difference between a pilot and the actual series.

For example looking back at the Joe Mad's promo images for the X-men after Operation Zero Tolerance it's notable that Cecilia Reyes' design went through at least one redesign, including seemingly being considered to wear a blue and yellow "muir island" style costume with blue face mask (which if memory serves didn't happen until she re-appeared briefly under Claremont's Revolution relaunch).
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-27-2024 at 05:50 AM.

The reason Madame Web wasn't resurrected is the same reason it took so long for Destiny to be revived. They didn't want precogs on Krakoa. Perhaps they'd have brought Cassandra back in a younger body like they did with Irene had the Madame Web movie come out a year or two earlier (i.e. before Fall of X).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So:

- Main team penned by Gail Simone with Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. I'm half-tempted to think the roster might have more of the '96 crew like mayyyybe Beast or another woman? Or Storm if she's not in a spearheading role for Mutants. It's weird there's no Jean or Scott.

- Kitty and Emma lead a new team...either an X-Men Blue, revamped Maurauders, or X-Force. Kitty is back in a ponytail and her Astonishing suit but now blue (which doesn't work near as well as yellow, but that's just me). Emma also has a new suit. The description of the group feels like a Mutant Disaster response team. Also looks like a woman on Emma's right and a guy (Warpath or Colossus) on Emma's left.

It looks like it's advertising the Jackpot and Black Cat mini.
    Yeah, I definitely see MJ's leg there.

Kitty's suit does look like the one she wore from Astonishing through to early Marauders. However, I bet the actual inspiration is X-Men Evolution, where she wore a similar costume, but in purple. She did have the ponytail in that cartoon too. She has no 90s cartoon look to synergise too as that cartoon gave her role to Jubilee (in most stories adapted from the comics) and Bishop (in Days of Future Past).

The team rosters shown are obviously incomplete and the FCBD story focuses on Jubilee. She must be on Rogue's team, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Not just no Jean, but none of the 05. I can see less Bobby and Warren, but the last time Scott didn't have a role he was dead and it feels weird to fix Hank but not use him. As much as I'd like more Emma and Kate like we had back in Marauders, it feels like this tease doesn't line up with the previous one shot the shot that really shows the future of the books.
    No O5 is odd. Are they bringing back the original X-Factor? Or are they just among the members not shown on that page? At least Scott should be somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    The cover is just half, there is another half that did not reveal.maybe O5 is on another side.
    The other half of the spread is probably spiders, Avengers, and FF.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well, counting that they probably wont hire Guggenheim to write x-men again, I have faith in this version of X-men Blue/Gold. If he is in charge of writing any of those books again...yeah it will just as bad as the previous run, no matter if Gail is in charge of the other book. Guggenheim's mediocrity will drag down anyone to the mud.
    Like simone’s writing isn’t mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No O5 is odd. Are they bringing back the original X-Factor? Or are they just among the members not shown on that page? At least Scott should be somewhere.
    Cyclops was standing alongside Magneto in a panel from the latest Timeless one-shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 02-27-2024 at 05:57 AM.

What’s the actual source of their claim? Is it just because Rogue and Kitty are standing at the forefront of their panels? That’s a big assumption. If anything, the framing is giving me the impression that Emma will be the leader of Kitty’s team.

The second half of the page doesn’t depict any x-men, just teases for spider-Gwen and other characters. Fall of X isn’t over yet, of course they do not want to spoil what happens to major players like Scott and Jean.
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-27-2024 at 06:02 AM.

I almost like Kate's design. Emma is horrendous. Ororo with that suit and that hair makes me cry.

Here we go smh. Feels like we are regressing here
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Fantastic Member

fyi this is not correct hell it not even close to what brevorts x-men is

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Also, it is not stated Rogue and Shadowkat will lead the teams, it is an assumption BC makes and they have been right a lot of times, but also wrong a lot of times.
    It is confirmed in the Women of Marvel #1 introduction essay

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    It is confirmed in the Women of Marvel #1 introduction essay
    GEEEEEEEEEEZ Gwen is comming to 616 . Thats hella bad. revive the original and give spider powers for the case.

Rogue and Kate <3

Hope the teams are like this

Rogue΄s X-men

Rogue (Leader)
    Gambit (Husband)
    Kurt (Brother)
    Logan (BFF)
    Kwannon (New BFG)
    Polaris (Former stepdaugther)
    Colossus (Extra Muscle- Reddem Arc)

Kate's X-men
    Kate (Leader)
    Emma (BFFG- Psychic power)
    Bishop (BodyGuard)
    Magik (Hidden love- Teletranportation)
    Logan (Is Logan he can be anywhere at the same time)
    Quicksilver (surprise he is a mutant and Mags Son because i and almost 87.5% of the fandom want that)
    Last edited by DarkMagnus; 02-27-2024 at 07:01 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    fyi this is not correct hell it not even close to what brevorts x-men is
    I REALLY hope your inside knowledge is accurate because what is presented here is hot garbage.

Bishop66, hit us up with some X-Force insider knowledge! What’s coming? Anything you can share about Cable’s future in the Brevoort era? Inquiring minds need to know!!!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

yeah PM the details!

If Rasputin and Synch are not in the new launch we Riot!!!!!
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

LOL at Rich pretending he had inside knowledge when the bit about Rogue and Kitty leading their own X-teams was actually from the book he got an advanced copy of.
    I think it's safe to say there will be at least one other "X-men" book. The one with Cyclops and Magneto.
    The over-reliance on synergy with the cartoon worries me a lot. These are not what I pictured when he said everyone would be getting redesigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bishop66, hit us up with some X-Force insider knowledge! What’s coming? Anything you can share about Cable’s future in the Brevoort era? Inquiring minds need to know!!!
    I'd be willing to bet Cable and Deadpool will rejoin X-force under Brevoort.