Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

IMO this looks awful

i dont think he is telling the true.

I mean it was published today.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Not X-Men related but that sucks so bad.

If this is true I wonder why we see 4 members of Rogue's team(one woman in women of marvel) and only 2 of Kate's (what's she going to go by for the new era). Still confused about the lack of the O5. Glad Kate and Emma will keep interacting but hopefully we get Magik on the team too.
    I assume Kate's codename will still be Shadowkat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    bishop66 has never gave correct info, not even once. I don't know why people still think his word is gospel.
    OK. Find some of his old posts, and we can compare them to later news.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    fyi this is not correct hell it not even close to what brevorts x-men is
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    It is confirmed in the Women of Marvel #1 introduction essay
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I’ve read Women of Marvel, it literally says in the book that this is what is happening.
    I'm not saying they're lying but it's clear from Luckystar and Krakoa's posts that there's an issue with their info. I'll chalk it up to bad intel and keep it moving.

I agree with the posters that said the costumes on the leaked page may not be the actual costumes for the official relaunch but rather placeholders to not reveal everything.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

i mean why do we treat him/her like if theyre a legit scooper if all we get is guesses and speculation.

Extraordinary Member

Whether the scoops were reliable or not, people are jumping to a lot of conclusions based on two 'future' panels and a pretty generic description of the possible appearance of a couple of characters. There could be two teams lead by these characters somewhere, the rosters and costumes nothing like the art shows, and those two teams could be far from being the definition of what Brevoort's X-Men relaunch will be.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Whether the scoops were reliable or not, people are jumping to a lot of conclusions based on two 'future' panels and a pretty generic description of the possible appearance of a couple of characters. There could be two teams lead by these characters somewhere, the rosters and costumes nothing like the art shows, and those two teams could be far from being the definition of what Brevoort's X-Men relaunch will be.
    I agree that it's too early to really tell how the line will look in a few months. I think Marvel might continue throwing out these kind of teases until the official announcements.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IMO this looks awful
    Correction...gawdfekkinawful.

But it's BC so I'll reserve more pointed judgement other than "WTAF is everyone wearing?!" when I see/get definitive news from Brevoort and Co. themselves.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Yeah, I agree, revealing brand new looks that way would be kinda underwhelming.

The House of X/Powers of X announcement was made Sunday 22 march 2019 (soon after the June solicitations), with a late July release date for House of X #1.
    So then maybe we can expect another Brevoort/From the Ashes teaser around that same time (not long after the June 2024 solicitations), with all-new artwork.
    That's what I'm expecting at this stage. I think once the very last Krakoa solicits are out, it's fair game to start promoting From the Ashes... so that will be in about a month or thereabouts. But I would probably expect some teasers between now and then as some characters (these ones on this thread) and creators (Simone, Capullo, Marquez) have already been hinted at.

I know this is just a preview panel or whatever, but the only remote positive I see is Rogue embracing her Supernovas leader roots and taking center stage.

I agree that everything else looks awful and hugely regressive. Kate had an incredible character trajectory during the Krakoa era and even had a visual glowup embracing her Jewish heritage with her curls (Her Jewish heritage and features are crucial to the character). This look just looks like a regression back to the awful Whedon era (which in turn was already a huge character regression coming off of her time in Excalibur) with the chemically straightened hair and same tired training uniform color swapped. Don’t even get me started on Storm with that overdone Mohawk cut that only worked in the 80’s and should’ve never been done again. As long as nothing is messed with Ewing’s triumphant work done on Ororo and her role as regent of Mars, I am good. She frankly never should be restricted to a position on earth again.

Also side note but if they were going to do some Madame Web synchronization, why not bring back Cassandra Web Destiny-Krakoa-resurrection-style as a young hot thing looking like Dakota Johnson? Just have Julia be Arachne again since she slayed in that black spider suit.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Fantastic Member

Am I the only one that can't get behind Kitty as a leader? It has always felt very forced to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Am I the only one that can't get behind Kitty as a leader? It has always felt very forced to me.
    I'm not against her leading on principle, but WATXM, Gold and Marauders didn't make for very good examples. Hopefully different writers can make it work better.
    Rogue on the other hand had an awesome showing under Carey. Supernovas will always be iconic.

if they really wanted to get us hyped they would get an artist like Olivier Coipel or Clay Mann or someone everyone thinks make sexy X-men and make a giant art piece for the new era.

Cuz they knew that was going to come out tomorrow and its just not a good look. I know art is subjective but we have expectations for the X-Men.

Remember what they did of Age of X with Mike Carey and Clay Mann.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    if they really wanted to get us hyped they would get an artist like Olivier Coipel or Clay Mann or someone everyone thinks make sexy X-men and make a giant art piece for the new era.

Cuz they knew that was going to come out tomorrow and its just not a good look. I know art is subjective but we have expectations for the X-Men.

Remember what they did of Age of X with Mike Carey and Clay Mann.
    Well, recently on Facebook Gail Simone said something like she's getting to work with the best artist of her career or something similar. That alone has me excited to see who she's working with on the X-Men relaunch. This teaser panel not so much. I trust Gail though.

Keep in mind this isn't the official announcement. It's just little teaser, so they aren't going all out for it.