Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Rogue, wolverine, nightcrawler, gambit...i find the teams with just classic members not very interesting.
    Well.. better than that load of Scorpion Boy, Rhino Girl, Starry Eye Lad, Salvia Lass,.. that appeared in X comics some years ago.
    Or the 10th blonde telepath..

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love how, in true X-Men fashion, this thread spun off an article on AIPT: Writer Gail Simone joins X-Men CBR message boards

Rogue, wolverine, nightcrawler, gambit...i find the teams with just classic members not very interesting.
    Who said those four are the whole team?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Agreed. And when you get a "new" character (cough cough like Firestar) it's refreshing, but a shame when she doesn't really feature much in her own team book, even when she's supposed to be have the limelight on her.

And hi Gail!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComixGail View Post
    Hy, all!

Okay, just wanted to drop in and get re-registered because it can only be done on the first of the month, apparently.

A lot of you may know that I started talking comics as a fan on Jonah’s boards long before CBR became its own site, and then a column I had here is how I ended up getting recruited to write comics. So I have a real fondness for her despite how it has changed.

Anyway, I do hope to be able to communicate a bit here. I have been away from comics for a few years working on comics-related media in video games, tv, animation and board games, just for the fun of trying something new. But I have a TON of cool comics coming up and it’s be fun to talk about it here, rather than the usual social media.

However, I do totally get that it can be a little tricky to be open about conversations when the writers or artists are right here, and readers have the right to give their opinions without worrying about that. So…

1) I don’t take offense at this stuff, you can do your very best and some people will still genuinely not like it, it’s a bummer because you want people to feel like they got their money’s worth, you know? But it’s going to happen every time, and that is okay.

2) I wonder if I should maybe instead just start a thread people can post on and ask questions or whatever, without interrupting the flow in threads like these?

Anyway, if it bugs posters to have us here sometimes, that’s totally fair, there’s probably some other way.

And boy there is some fun stuff coming.

Good Luck, can't wait to read all your work

Amazing Member

Thank you for the welcome, everyone!

Looking forward to being able to talk about stuff, not sure which board to put a thread on at the moment...hmmm.

Looking forward to being able to talk about stuff, not sure which board to put a thread on at the moment...hmmm.
    Gail I love ur Rogue PERIOD.

But I have a question!? For you who is Rogue female bestie?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love how, in true X-Men fashion, this thread spun off an article on AIPT: Writer Gail Simone joins X-Men CBR message boards
    Haha that was quick. Fabulous.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hy, all!

Okay, just wanted to drop in and get re-registered because it can only be done on the first of the month, apparently.

A lot of you may know that I started talking comics as a fan on Jonah’s boards long before CBR became its own site, and then a column I had here is how I ended up getting recruited to write comics. So I have a real fondness for her despite how it has changed.

Anyway, I do hope to be able to communicate a bit here. I have been away from comics for a few years working on comics-related media in video games, tv, animation and board games, just for the fun of trying something new. But I have a TON of cool comics coming up and it’s be fun to talk about it here, rather than the usual social media.

However, I do totally get that it can be a little tricky to be open about conversations when the writers or artists are right here, and readers have the right to give their opinions without worrying about that. So…

1) I don’t take offense at this stuff, you can do your very best and some people will still genuinely not like it, it’s a bummer because you want people to feel like they got their money’s worth, you know? But it’s going to happen every time, and that is okay.

2) I wonder if I should maybe instead just start a thread people can post on and ask questions or whatever, without interrupting the flow in threads like these?

Anyway, if it bugs posters to have us here sometimes, that’s totally fair, there’s probably some other way.

And boy there is some fun stuff coming.

I am so THRILLED to see you here (and possibly at Marvel on an ongoing basis!)
    I'm mainly a Marvel reader but I LOVED your Secret Six series (I even had it custom bound) and Welcome to Tranquility.

But from Deadpool to Domino you have secured a special X shaped place in my heart (and tell John Siuntres he needs some X-Men in his life).
    IF you're writing any X-Books in the post Krakoa Era the bar has been set pretty high. IF you are I can't wait to see you shatter that ceiling.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a warm welcome!

Incredible Member

Since this thread began with, and was named after a BC article I almost did the same, to find that AIPT beat me to it (even though they don't say what BC is 8-))

Maybe I still should.

I think once the very last Krakoa solicits are out, it's fair game to start promoting From the Ashes... so that will be in about a month or thereabouts.
    They could also release the X-Men part of the June solicitations early (like they already did before), in order to start advertising From the Ashes sooner.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I like a team to have 4 classic members and then fill it up with some lesser obvious X-Men.

So this team looks cool to me. Hope Shadowkat and Emma have two classic members extra as well.

Hope they complete the teams with some former X-Men like Cece Reyes, Mimic, ForgetMeNot, Marrow, som.e former New Mutant and some young X-Men.

To me, that are the best team setups.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Since this thread began with, and was named after a BC article I almost did the same, to find that AIPT beat me to it (even though they don't say what BC is 8-))

Maybe I still should.
    And so you did

Gail Simone Joins the CBR X-Men Message Boards And Is Now An Article

I say let's bring this full circle and bring back both LITG and YABS!

Hmmm… this would seem to imply she’s not just doing an X-book. At least to me.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hmmm… this would seem to imply she’s not just doing an X-book. At least to me.
    Yes, but it also might mean she can't even confirm that she is doing an x-book, which of course starting a thread here would mean.

With her returning to comics, and marvel, it would make sense that she is doing more than one book. So maybe a big X-title and something in the avengers corner. Zeb Wells is possible winding down on writing Spider-man(Soon* TM). I wouldn't mind seeing her take a swing with that.