Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

So:

- Main team penned by Gail Simone with Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. I'm half-tempted to think the roster might have more of the '96 crew like mayyyybe Beast or another woman? Or Storm if she's not in a spearheading role for Mutants. It's weird there's no Jean or Scott.

- Kitty and Emma lead a new team...either an X-Men Blue, revamped Maurauders, or X-Force. Kitty is back in a ponytail and her Astonishing suit but now blue (which doesn't work near as well as yellow, but that's just me). Emma also has a new suit. The description of the group feels like a Mutant Disaster response team. Also looks like a woman on Emma's right and a guy (Warpath or Colossus) on Emma's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Is that Black Cat in the pannel above the Rogue one?
    It looks like it's advertising the Jackpot and Black Cat mini.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I can understand the general reaction to this teaser. I agree that Storm's hairstyle is much to be desired and pales in comparison to her Krakoa appearance. I do agree that Kate and Emma appear to be in a new Marauders style team. Maybe they don't want to spoil how the current event ends yet but it makes me a bit uneasy not seeing Jean here.

For me it looks like we are getting (1) a totally nostalgia 90s book (Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine), (2) something a little more edgy (Kitty, Emma), (3) and more political intriguing one as a direct post-Krakoa follow-up storyline?

It's been years since I've seen Rogue appear in a preview of a new story. I almost didn't believe it. I like the team. Let's see the creative team.

I like the idea of Ororo as "president" of the mutankind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I can understand the general reaction to this teaser. I agree that Storm's hairstyle is much to be desired and pales in comparison to her Krakoa appearance. I do agree that Kate and Emma appear to be in a new Marauders style team. Maybe they don't want to spoil how the current event ends yet but it makes me a bit uneasy not seeing Jean here.
    Not just no Jean, but none of the 05. I can see less Bobby and Warren, but the last time Scott didn't have a role he was dead and it feels weird to fix Hank but not use him. As much as I'd like more Emma and Kate like we had back in Marauders, it feels like this tease doesn't line up with the previous one shot the shot that really shows the future of the books.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Interesting stuff, although it's just a couple of panels from a "vision" and so likely not giving us the whole picture, and also probably not to be taken literally.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 02-26-2024 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Interesting stuff, although it's just a couple of panels from a "vision" and so likely not giving us the whole picture, and also probably not to be taken literally.
    Agreed, there's probably still a lot left to reveal regarding line-ups and books.

Quote Originally Posted by IIargi
    It's been years since I've seen Rogue appear in a preview of a new story. I almost didn't believe it. I like the team. Let's see the creative team.

I like the idea of Ororo as "president" of the mutankind.
    If its not Gail I'm going to be very disappointed, she's been dropping hints for months. T.T

But I am very curious on who the artist might be, since I'm not sure we've gotten any clues there.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 02-26-2024 at 11:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Well, this is a BIG L for Storm if I ever saw one.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, this is a BIG L for Storm if I ever saw one.
    What's big l mean?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    What's big l mean?
    You mean "L"? It means Loss or Lose.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    You mean "L"? It means Loss or Lose.
    Yes that's what I meant. Thanks.

Hope all of y'all that wanted an end to the Krakoan era are happy lol this looks terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s not from an X-men book, but rather Women in Marvel #1 in a Madame Web story where she’s seeing the future. At least that’s what I gleaned from the article. But Rich seems to be reporting it as a rumor he heard, backed up by this page which is apparently a “vision of things to come”…
    When you make books to tie-in with a major motion picture release, and then the movie comes out…

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    are they REALLY gonna have Storm go mo hawk again befause of the animated show.
    Seriously they have to stop. We JUST got her with her textured, cloud-like hair. The bone straight hair is tired, and the mohawk hasn’t served since the 80s.

On a POSITIVE note, glad Rogue is potentially leading team. She’s been in need of some extra love & attention after Krakoa sidelined her so much.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 02-27-2024 at 01:29 AM.

Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Wolverine will be a fantastic team! It seems their X-Men book will be really written by Gail and hopefully drawn by David Marquez who can turn even the worst costumes into Gold.

So excited for Gambit and Wolverine to be on the same team again!
    Last edited by Purplevit; 02-27-2024 at 02:03 AM.