Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Should the DCEU get their own comics?

With Affleck out the door and Cavil not returning as Superman anytime soon, would you support a comic line based on the DCEU? We don't know what the movie franchises will look like going forward but until they decide to reboot or something, would this be a good way to get your DC movie "fix"?
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Only as a kind of supplement to the movies. I don't really need it to be its own continuing universe.

Sure if that’s how they want to wrap it all up why not. I think both Cavill and Affleck are terrible so not having to see them on screen to wrap up the Snyderverse is a plus in my book.

Extraordinary Member

Should have been a poll. My answer would be no. Also, hell no.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sure if that’s how they want to wrap it all up why not. I think both Cavill and Affleck are terrible so not having to see them on screen to wrap up the Snyderverse is a plus in my book.
    Honestly, the only one I actually liked in their role was Mamoa. Gadot is a terrible actress, Cavill is absolutely wooden as Superman, and has no chemistry at all with Adams, and Affleck seemed uninterested in his role at all. Cybore just was there, and Flash...even before I heard about the allegations was just...TV competent in that role at best. Only Mamoa really registered for me. I don't see the need to belabor the Snyderverse in comics though.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Adams herself thinks the franchise is done and I wonder if they could even get her back at this point. She's not exactly waiting by the phone for their call.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Only as a kind of supplement to the movies. I don't really need it to be its own continuing universe.
    And if they're as supplementary as the Marvel movie tie-in's, I'm not sure if they're really worth doing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The prospect of that alone sounds like a waste of some damn fine paper and ink.

Astonishing Member

If at all they do this, the only potential projects that would interest me are a miniseries exploring the Affleck Batman's pre-BvS career, as well as the gaps in Wonder Woman's chronology between her two movies and pre-BvS.

Frankly, a series set in the Burtonverse or the Nolanverse interests me a LOT more!

If cost effective, maybe as a web comic only. But really I would say no.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    If at all they do this, the only potential projects that would interest me are a miniseries exploring the Affleck Batman's pre-BvS career, as well as the gaps in Wonder Woman's chronology between her two movies and pre-BvS.
    Although if the Marvel tie-in's are any indication, they wouldn't be allowed to go that in-depth in terms of content.