View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

51 14.61%
  • Post-Crisis

109 31.23%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 24.36%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

104 29.80%
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697
Results 1,441 to 1,445 of 1445

Can someone provide a brief summary of what happened to the Earth-2 characters/universe introduced in the DCnU 52? What happened to characters like Val-Zod, Aquawoman (Marella), Hawkgirl, and Alan Scott?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Their Earth got rebooted as a dieselpunk setting; several key Wonders managed to survive the reboot and continue on in the rebooted Earth. The series ended shortly thereafter with the formation of a Justice Society on Earth 2.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Can someone provide a brief summary of what happened to the Earth-2 characters/universe introduced in the DCnU 52? What happened to characters like Val-Zod, Aquawoman (Marella), Hawkgirl, and Alan Scott?
    The series you want to remember is Convergence.

Spoiler: Then came Earth 2 Society, about how life continued on Earth 2's Earth 2. No, I'm not being redundant. Earth is gone, and humanity has settled on another planet. As for what happened to its heroes, some are still there, I think. Khalid has been seen on Prime Earth in Justice League Dark lately.

Elaborating on what I said: the final two issues of Earth 2: Society rebooted Earth 2's Earth two from the post-Apocalyptic nightmare it had become over the course of Earth 2: World's End, Convergence, and Earth 2: Society. In keeping with the “Earth 2” theme, the Wonders refer to this rebooted reality as their “second chance”; and when last we saw them, they were busy doing everything they could to protect it.

That said, most if not all of the Wonders are still on their new Earth 2: Superman (Val-Zod), Batman (Helena Wayne), Robin (John Grayson), Oracle (Dick Grayson), Hawkgirl, Flash, Green Lantern, Red Tornado (Lois Lane), Steel, and Kara are all seen in the final panels of the final issue sitting around a meeting table and strategizing about what threats are out there and how they're going to deal with them.

I haven't been following JLD, so I don't know much about the Dr.Fate that's been appearing there. Unless something's been revealed that I don't know about, I suppose it's possible that he's Earth 2's Dr. Fate. That said, DC has pretty much been ignoring Earth 2 ever since Earth 2 Society ended; so I'll be surprised to learn that he's from Earth 2.

Likewise: with the return of the primary Earth's Justice Society, I suspect that we're not going to be seeing Earth 2 any time soon. In particular, when and if Kara Zor-L returns, I suspect that she'll be the pre-Flashpoint Power Girl, not the Earth 2 version we saw in N52: as I said, that one's busy on Earth 2.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

E2S 16 (20).jpgThis is the last we saw of E2K. When the Pandora box was opened in Society. His name is Khalid Ben-Hassin. The one in JLD is Khalid Nassour. Apparently DC thought that, since Nassour wasn't being used in the New52, they would use him as a template for Earth 2's Fate. Wasn't confusing until the original Khalid from Prime Earth popped up in JLD to confound us all. Not as Fate, though. That was still (again?) Kent Nelson. And not blind this time (which would have made clear his identity, I suppose).

All right, all right, already. I will finally admit it. New 52, as entertaining as I found it, really was a bit of a mind-f... wasn't it? Researching this was an hour of my life I'll never get back.