View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    The Superman costume change alone is one major reason I don't support the Nu52. Imagine if Chris Reeve had worn that abomination.

Id make the blue darker.... but otherwise Reeve looks fine in that suit.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    But, um, what was wrong with the post-COIE universe??

Plus, I do kind of think anyone who has completely forgone the new stuff just because its not the old are missing out on some fantastic stories. Yeah, some is bad, but, hey, doesn't mean there isn't good.
    There isn't much good. I feel the same as the OP. I still buy DC Comics but since the start of the New 52 I definitely have lost most of my faith in DC. I used to be excited to read DC because of the legacy of it all. Such a great history....gone in an instant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Swamp Thing is the best book being published from either of the Big Two.

To be honest, I think DC's top tier (Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Aquaman) is better than Marvel's top tier, but Marvel has more sheer quantity of diverse upper-mid tier books.
    Oh, yeah. Forgot about Swamp Thing...

And, yeah, I'd agree. The thing with DC right now, is that there is a bunch of good titles, some being extremely good. However, there is almost no middle ground. Basically, if its not an amazing book, then its a crap book. And those are the books that are usually written by Lobdell and DeFalco and Mackie the rest of Harras' gang from his days running Marvel back in the nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    There isn't much good. I feel the same as the OP. I still buy DC Comics but since the start of the New 52 I definitely have lost most of my faith in DC. I used to be excited to read DC because of the legacy of it all. Such a great history....gone in an instant.
    Sorry, no offense, but I can only shake my head when I read stuff like this.

That great history is still there, or did all of your pre-new 52 comics all of a sudden just disappear.

Sure, it's not officially part of the new universe, and it doesn't have an official Earth designate assigned to it, but it's still there.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Sorry, no offense, but I can only shake my head when I read stuff like this.

That great history is still there, or did all of your pre-new 52 comics all of a sudden just disappear.

Sure, it's not officially part of the new universe, and it doesn't have an official Earth designate assigned to it, but it's still there.
    Don't be sorry for something you don't understand. Do you honestly think that fans of how things used to be would be fans of some very obvious changes? Sure things have changed with DC's characters over the years, but for some readers the New 52 was not a good change. I'm glad it's working for you, but it doesn't work for me and for others. You are right when you say the history is still there....it's just not present in the New 52.

BANNED

The New 52 has been a very bad experience for old time fans. Especially because when you get down to it, the reboot wasn't even necessary. You could have incorporated the multiverse and the Wildstorm characters back into the DC universe without having to do any of this.

But nooooo, DC execs decided they wanted to bring in younger fans and that the easiest way to achieve that would be to turn all the icons into twenty something year olds and compress the history of the DC Universe to just being five years old (SOMETHING THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHEN YOU TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE BATMAN AND GREEN LANTER CONTINUITY!!!).

The DC Universe was just fine before the New 52 mess. Why was it necessary to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place? All of the stories that are being told now could have just as easily been done in the old DC Universe, hell even all the changes done to Wonder Woman could have just been integrated as retcons. Also, recreating established characters just to add diversity to your line? Really lame move DC!!!!!!!! And the biggest sin by far, turning Superman into a pompous jerk who is barely recognizable as the symbol of truth and justice that he once was!!!!!!

There is nothing you could tell me that would justify what the New 52 has done, plain and simple. The old Universe was working just fine.

Don't be sorry for something you don't understand. Do you honestly think that fans of how things used to be would be fans of some very obvious changes? Sure things have changed with DC's characters over the years, but for some readers the New 52 was not a good change. I'm glad it's working for you, but it doesn't work for me and for others. You are right when you say the history is still there....it's just not present in the New 52.
    Sure, but don't tell me what I do or don't understand. At least your favorite characters are still around, new universe or not. Marvel killed mine off decades ago.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    The New 52 has been a very bad experience for old time fans. Especially because when you get down to it, the reboot wasn't even necessary. You could have incorporated the multiverse and the Wildstorm characters back into the DC universe without having to do any of this.

But nooooo, DC execs decided they wanted to bring in younger fans and that the easiest way to achieve that would be to turn all the icons into twenty something year olds and compress the history of the DC Universe to just being five years old (SOMETHING THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHEN YOU TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE BATMAN AND GREEN LANTER CONTINUITY!!!).

The DC Universe was just fine before the New 52 mess. Why was it necessary to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place? All of the stories that are being told now could have just as easily been done in the old DC Universe, hell even all the changes done to Wonder Woman could have just been integrated as retcons. Also, recreating established characters just to add diversity to your line? Really lame move DC!!!!!!!! And the biggest sin by far, turning Superman into a pompous jerk who is barely recognizable as the symbol of truth and justice that he once was!!!!!!

There is nothing you could tell me that would justify what the New 52 has done, plain and simple. The old Universe was working just fine.
    Thank you. I could not have said it better myself. Be ready for the backlash though. Your opinion will only get you responses about how wrong you are on this matter.

BANNED

Thank you. I could not have said it better myself. Be ready for the backlash though. Your opinion will only get you responses about how wrong you are on this matter.
    Not to worry, I'm used to it by now.

Still haven't found anyone who can justify the New 52's existence, so I just laugh off all the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Sure, but don't tell me what I do or don't understand. At least your favorite characters are still around, new universe or not. Marvel killed mine off decades ago.
    I'll quit telling you what you do or don't understand when you quit shaking your head when people type their dislikes in an open forum. Whoever your favorite Marvel characters are that were killed off I am sorry, but understand that even though Superman (my favorite character) still exists he is a far cry from the Superman I loved in the comics. He's pretty much dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Not to worry, I'm used to it by now.

Still haven't found anyone who can justify the New 52's existence, so I just laugh off all the haters.
    I can justify it for you very simply - it got me back into comics.

It was a fresh start that DC needed, and it's paid off for them.
    WHO DAT?!!

BANNED

I'll quit telling you what you do or don't understand when you quit shaking your head when people type their dislikes in an open forum. Whoever your favorite Marvel characters are that were killed off I am sorry, but understand that even though Superman (my favorite character) still exists he is a far cry from the Superman I loved in the comics. He's pretty much dead to me.
    Must suck actually suffering from Stockholm Syndrome over Post-Crisis Superman, his worst ever canon incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Must suck actually suffering from Stockholm Syndrome over Post-Crisis Superman, his worst ever canon incarnation.

Your opinion....not mine. If armored, douchebag Superman is your fit then so be it.

Astonishing Member

Yeah what a douchebag.

Uh okay, now that my post count has hit 222, I think it's time to take a break from here.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-12-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Your opinion....not mine. If armored, douchebag Superman is your fit then so be it.
    I really don't have much of an opinion on old red trunks Superman, because I rarely read him, but new 52 Superman is awesome, and a far cry from being a douchebag.

edit: Great examples there, Mr. Holmes.
    WHO DAT?!!