View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

I like it as well, great jumping on point for people. A friend of mine who never read comics for the 20 yrs I've known him got into new 52 and is now a hardcore fan. At times I look back at pre-new 52 and still feel that sense of loss but overall I've really enjoyed the new 52 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    The overall quality went up compared to the few years pre-Flashpoint, so that's all that matters to me.

I could care less about the '5 year' complaints. This is comic-book time we're talking about here. It never made sense.

I could care less about re-imagined stories/origins. The old stories are still there for you to read.
    Thank you. Finally I found someone that shares my ideas. It is a comicbook, since when do things make sense?

New 52 made me a huge fan of

Aquaman (and Mera)
    Batgirl
    Green Arrow

so I really can't complain about the New 52!

I also like it. Before Flashpoint I'd get maybe 1-2 good issues a month, now I'm usually getting 1-2 good issues a week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    I know this may be a bit of a firestorm. But I like the new 52. I was a marvel reader that got to lost in the complicated story lines. You had to read 5 books to understand the story (ie avengers dissemble, civil war, house of m, planet hulk, secret invasion, dark avengers, Thor, just to understand seige). It was crazy
    I’m curious, how can you find it hard to understand or storylines complicated when most stories are summed up on Wikipedia or fan sites. Along with the accessibility to MB’s like this one, where other readers are only too pleased to fill you in on what is happening. It’s a quick and easy way to get up to speed as to what is going on. Further it’s not as if every facet of a characters history needs to be known to follow a story. And many of the supplementary books that support a main storyline (ie. House of M) are really not necessary to the main story.

Incredible Member

Default A long road travelled. The end of my time with the DC Universe.

August will be the last month I pick up any DC Universe titles. I'm finishing off the stories currently going, and bowing out before the September Futures End month of books.

After decades of reading, I've just finally met the end of my endurance. It's time for a clean break.

I have already started the cancellations today. Starting with Birds Of Prey. A franchise I followed since its very inception. But now, the book lost its appeal. I'm done with it.

The only DC book I intend to keep following is He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe. I'm enjoying that. And I will continue to follow it.

What this means is: That I am pretty much done with Marvel and DC. I will keep supporting the great indie books I support and love. But as for the big two? I'm done.
    Last edited by Darrin Kelley; 05-07-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Incredible Member

A comics reader of over 42 years. Comics have been a major part of my life, virtually all of my life.

Sad, but if thats what you want, farewell then wish you all the best

August will be the last month I pick up any DC Universe titles. I'm finishing off the stories currently going, and bowing out before the September Futures End month of books.
    Curious, do you dislike this event or something brought this on.

Thank you for sharing this sad news with us.
    WHO DAT?!!

Just be like me and continue to read the older DC books. I've found so many great series I never would have looked into before that are often not only much cheaper than the Nu52 books, but also much better quality-wise.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Curious, do you dislike this event or something brought this on.
    Part of it is the sagging story quality. Part of it is extreme event fatigue.

It's not just this event that brought it on. It's the constant event machine, year after year for the sake of a quickie sales boost. Frustrations with interrupted or short-circuited regular storylines in ongoing books, just for the sake of feeding the event machine. DC and Marvel both do it. I'm not laying the blame just on DC. There is plenty of blame to go around.

I don't like being hussled to buy books I normally wouldn't. Just for the sake of the temporary sales bump on someone's worksheet that events produce.

But it is also a matter of the style in which the stories are produced. Plot these days seems to be pushed toward being "gritty" and "edgy". For the simple sake of gaining attention by pandering to shock value. And I honestly don't think pandering to shock is good storytelling.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    Part of it is the sagging story quality. Part of it is extreme event fatigue.

It's not just this event that brought it on. It's the constant event machine, year after year for the sake of a quickie sales boost. Frustrations with interrupted or short-circuited regular storylines in ongoing books, just for the sake of feeding the event machine. DC and Marvel both do it. I'm not laying the blame just on DC. There is plenty of blame to go around.

I don't like being hussled to buy books I normally wouldn't. Just for the sake of the temporary sales bump on someone's worksheet that events produce.

But it is also a matter of the style in which the stories are produced. Plot these days seems to be pushed toward being "gritty" and "edgy". For the simple sake of gaining attention by pandering to shock value. And I honestly don't think pandering to shock is good storytelling.
    Um....but there are still so many titles that don't tie into the current events and that do follow their own story lines. In regards to the Future's End month, just skip September and continue reading the series that aren't tying into anything heavily.

Farewell. Sad to hear any reader quitting no matter how many times you hear it. I hope you find other books to enjoy.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Just be like me and continue to read the older DC books. I've found so many great series I never would have looked into before that are often not only much cheaper than the Nu52 books, but also much better quality-wise.
    For my own part, I avoid declaring my intentions with finality because while there might be nothing I'm interested in reading this month, next month might be an entirely different story (literally). For me to declare my long-term intentions with such finality is to put myself in a bind in which I must either forego something I might enjoy, or be a liar.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014