View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 43 of 97 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

I've stuck to collecting and reading back issues too. It's best to enjoy what you enjoy and think of the New 52 as a bad, drawn out Elseworlds story.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 07-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlok2011 View Post
    I await its return & only read my back issues
    Er I think they are semi rebooting or bringing back and re-merging the old DCU with the new52 DCU in 2015 I think in there 2015 crisis event?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    Er I think they are semi rebooting or bringing back and re-merging the old DCU with the new52 DCU in 2015 I think in there 2015 crisis event?
    If that was true, that would be the wisest decision made.

However, DC has a long history of brilliant ideas that start out strong but disappoint in the follow through (Crisis, Zero Hour, Flashpoint, Brightest Day).
    I wished they would would just see a decision finished the way it's originally intended, instead of botching the whole thing to make a last minute change that only requires fixing again later.

I agree, it's time we go back to the real DC Universe. The one from before 1951. Untouched by retcons or any of that stuff, the original 'verse ought to qualify as the 'real' one.

See how silly talk of a real DC universe sounds?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I agree, it's time we go back to the real DC Universe. The one from before 1951. Untouched by retcons or any of that stuff, the original 'verse ought to qualify as the 'real' one.

See how silly talk of a real DC universe sounds?
    Let's see:
    1) a real JSA who lives through the 1940's
    2) Superman and Lois still in the triangle for two era
    3) a Batman who smiles
    4) Green Lantern as a solo hero with no Guardians, emotional spectrum,
    . . .

Not too silly to me. Definitely more appealing to me than most of DC's output in the last decade.

You misunderstand me. My point is, if you want something resembling the 'real' DC universe, you'd have to go back that far. Would I like it? Probably, actually. Would most people? Not at all.

Not muh canon!!!
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlok2011 View Post
    I await its return & only read my back issues
    Perhaps you missed the sticky thread at the top that is for any discussion of opinions of the new52 as a whole.

The "real" one ended with the Golden Age. DC reboots every 20 odd years. Get with the program. It's been like three years, the moaning has to end already. It's really tiresome. Wait another 20 years and we'll see what's next. If you don't want reboots, stick to Marvel (though there are retcons like OMD).
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

I will just say that I don't even care too much about the old universe, I care more about the current management get out of DC. the editors that screw up the old universe, are the same that will end screwing up new 52 and will continue if nothing is done.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Good for you. I however started reading with the New 52 so this is the real DC Universe.
    I came here going to post something like this but was beaten to it.

Hypertime: it's all real and what isn't used is in Comic Limbo waiting a revival.
    Last edited by doctormistermaster; 07-13-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

BANNED

Make multiversity open the door to every incarnation of character ppl want,let the buying public decide which is the best,than keep them around in their own universe.

Crossovers can happen,but the different universe are still seperate.

That way I get Kesel,Geoff,Lobdell,smallvile,and YJ kon-el.

To the opening poster I feel obliged to point out several things;

- Please don't over-generalise, some people "haven't had enough" and I imagine that applies for a lot of more recent readers.

- The DC Universe(s) are not and have never been real, they are all imaginary! There is no "real" one, just the most current one and the ones that came before.

- It is completely OK to pick and choose what to read from different eras of DC publishing. I only properly starting reading comics about 5 years ago but I have things I like from before Flashpoint, and things I am reading from DC's current offerings.

- If you are going to start a topic, do actually make a point instead of just being dramatic and making a blanket statement.

BANNED

Look at Image,they just make books,they don't give a crap about if they link to other books,that's kinda how DC should be with their multiverse,plus even Image has crossovers with books that have nothing to do with each other.