View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Who can fault him for burning Frank Miller crap?
    Not bad, but if you want your own show it'll have to be more like this.

"Weeellll who can fault him for BURNING FRANK MILLER CRAP?! THIS COMIC IS CRAP! IT MAKES NO SENSE! THE CHARACTERS ACT DIFFERENT! WHY DO THEY ACT DIFFERENT IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE?!" *shoots it with toy gun* *runs around in Power Ranger mask* *sets it on fire* "I AM A MANCHILD! Anyway, continuing my plotline, oh look, I'm fighting Pyramid Head or something."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Let's keep it on topic, guys.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    He's a whiny nasal unfunny begging book-burner. But generally speaking, most people on TGWTG aren't funny, given their idea of comedy is "scream loudly about something I don't like".
    That's kinda harsh, but everyone is in-tilted to their opinions.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    I know this may be a bit of a firestorm. But I like the new 52. I was a marvel reader that got to lost in the complicated story lines. You had to read 5 books to understand the story (ie avengers dissemble, civil war, house of m, planet hulk, secret invasion, dark avengers, Thor, just to understand seige). It was crazy

New 52 allowed me to start fresh and pick it up at number 1s. I bought back issues of justice league, omac, justice leage of America, all on ebay. I'm current and I like it.

Glad dc did the new 52
    I had never read comics before the new 52. I completely agree. When u have no background knowledge it is practically impossible to understand comics. I now know what's going on in multiple titles thanks to the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by zsizzle View Post
    I had never read comics before the new 52. I completely agree. When u have no background knowledge it is practically impossible to understand comics. I now know what's going on in multiple titles thanks to the reset.
    The whole reason I got into comics was to learn the history of DC's characters and teams. I started when I was 8 and since I also grew up with the internet I was able to learn and understand stories and histories I haven't been able to read about yet or haven't gotten to. I hate it when people complain about continuity or history because its to long and complicated, when they can just take some time and look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The whole reason I got into comics was to learn the history of DC's characters and teams. I started when I was 8 and since I also grew up with the internet I was able to learn and understand stories and histories I haven't been able to read about yet or haven't gotten to. I hate it when people complain about continuity or history because its to long and complicated, when they can just take some time and look it up.
    Do you read the Legion of Superheroes? If you love continuity, it's right up your alley.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Do you read the Legion of Superheroes? If you love continuity, it's right up your alley.
    Blimey Pharozonk you're on a serious Legion trip at the moment.

He's right though byrd156 - if continuity and depth are your thing, the Legion would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Blimey Pharozonk you're on a serious Legion trip at the moment.
    My apologies! I've been reading a lot of Legion stuff lately and it's gotten me back onto my Legion fan kick.

Plus. compared to other franchises on this board, the Legion doesn't get enough love.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 07-29-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

My apologies! I've been reading a lot of Legion stuff lately and it's gotten me back onto my Legion fan kick.
    No need to apologise mate, it's great to see. If only everyone had the same passion.

(For the Legion I mean - not in general)

Respect.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 07-29-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Plus. compared to other franchises on this board, the Legion doesn't get enough love.
    Yeah I just got back from the comic store and I'm always tempted to get Legion of Superheroes and Infinity Inc because they look interesting but Instead i got the 6th part of Chain Lighting, a Bat book, New Teen Titans, and two issues of 52.

Is Legion good? I kinda avoid it because its in the future. I'm not a fan of future books even though I really like JL3000 and Spiderman 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post

Is Legion good? I kinda avoid it because its in the future. I'm not a fan of future books even though I really like JL3000 and Spiderman 2099.
    It's like the Teen Titans, but set in the future and with a much bigger cast. It's really high concept so if you like things like that, you'll probably dig it. The best way I can describe it is this:

Teen Titans + Star Trek + TV soap operas = the Legion of Superheroes

Amazing Member

I definitely agree with you. Since getting into comics I have read tons of old collections. So I agree the history is cool but without the new 52 being springboard to make me get into comics I would probably never have started reading anything and would have missed out on tons of stories I've loved from all kinds of different publishers. For good or bad the restart got me to try comics and led me to discover great stories like saga, sandman, etc I would otherwise never have looked into.

It's like the Teen Titans, but set in the future and with a much bigger cast. It's really high concept so if you like things like that, you'll probably dig it. The best way I can describe it is this:

Ill definitely check it out next time im at the comic store. The Teen Titans are my favorite superhero team ever and one of the reasons I started reading, well that and Nightwing and Batman.

omg the jobbing in Batman and Robin 33. I like Batman bt 20 years of this is a little too much. One Justice Leaguer is bad enough without prep but the whole team smh
    The J-man

Is Legion of Superheroes collected in trades?